• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
source.gif

So you're replacing Squats with Leg Presses and Deadlifts? That's hitting the posterior chain more.

Pretty sure most Sports Trainers have their Athletes Squaring. I recognise the issue of Spinal loading but I remember a Study (in the 80s) found the Vertebrae actually adapt to the increase in loading.

All my years of heavy compounds and bone etc thickening have saved me from serious injury in things like being hit by a Car lol.

Necessity depends on your goals.
Overall, I'd say you can get by without them but they're damn effective and hard to beat.

Wanna compete in PL or WL?

You have to squat.

Dont want to compete?

Dont have to squat.

Pretty clear really.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What about the Core? Just holding that weight up there is great for the Core like no other exercise .... as long as harm isn't caused.

I liked training them for the freak factor but they didnt really build my legs that much. Gave me a thicker back and posterior chain. I think they are very draining and can compromise your other lifts if you go too hard on em. Its seriously weighted towards the short lifter,i think its tougher for a tall guy to be a good squatter.

Squat if you can
if you can’t?
don’t

squatting to parallel for rep’s is not really ideal and I’m time will root you knees and other bits

Not necessary at all.

But probably one of the best overall exercises IMO apart from may be dead lifts.

But you can live perfectly without either one.

On my shoulders. Plenty of power through the quads.

Old age. What about doing just walkouts with a heavier weight, just to force an adaptive response in thickening the Bones and everything else.
Perhaps lessen machine training and do more free weights to thicken the Bones and strengthen the Core etc.

I don't think it makes a big different if you didn't do squats but worked out hard in other areas.

If you are able to squat then maybe do it once in a while just to change things up.

Old age. What about doing just walkouts with a heavier weight, just to force an adaptive response in thickening the Bones and everything else.
Perhaps lessen machine training and do more free weights to thicken the Bones and strengthen the Core etc.

Yeah I could try walkouts.

Also I train at home, no machines other than leg Press.

100%. I think as we age the bar training becomes more important. Not just for bone and muscle strength retention, but also proprioception and general balance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk