• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
gee u must be bored..230 would send me to the centre of the earth at the moment stiff. I think I was possibly capable of 230 late 2015,but never competed so I could be talking poo. I only did 1 comp at 83 which so happened to be an international one, rest were at 93,i made the choice to cut some serious weight to avoid guys that i wasn't within coo-ee of,im not afraid to admit that i sucked. I totalled 27.5 kgs under my nominated total and 47.5 kgs less than what I totalled at the comp before 3 and a half months previously. I overestimated my capabilities to handle a weight cut. In my defence I was doing a lot of manual labour as well but no excuses.

my best lifts in competition were at the Aussie masters were I went 210-130-235 at 93 so ur title is misleading.

Last edited:
So what happened to Gerry? When he went on that starvation diet in a bid to lose 10+kg I knew it would end in tears. Then the high frequency high volume Bench routine whilst working a physically active job was a recipe for disaster. I note he had shoulder and neck problems, see Bench routine, now he's gone.
Hope he lightened up a bit, that wouldn't help the shoulder and neck injuries either.

What happened to him?

That's what I was wondering, if he's doing another "stretch". Ah well, he'll come out stronger and more jacked, and more lippier I guess.

Don't drop the soap Gerry!

They say after 5 years most inmates give up and turn gay. That's why prisons have condom vending machines.
There's a comforting thought.

So what happened to Gerry? When he went on that starvation diet in a bid to lose 10+kg I knew it would end in tears. Then the high frequency high volume Bench routine whilst working a physically active job was a recipe for disaster. I note he had shoulder and neck problems, see Bench routine, now he's gone.
Hope he lightened up a bit, that wouldn't help the shoulder and neck injuries either.

What happened to him?

Im into my 12th month straight of working without any real break apart from the odd day off every now and then. I think ill get laid off soon for a few weeks which will be nice. Worked thru chrissy and new years while others went to music festivals,banged hotties and took class A drugs,while i went home and benched lol. Yeah got injured,i think i was pushing the squatting and deadlifting a bit too hard without laying the necessary foundation of accessory work that has to come along with it. Not gonna do the nats anymore,ive always said making money was my priority and having the dates changed due to covid right smack bang of my busiest part of the year financially means that i cant. No biggie,ill probably do a comp when it slows down. I still feel like im quite strong due to my job,i can kinda tell im not really diminished. Im looking at masters strongman as well as rugby,i think it would be quite fun but we ll see.. no promises. I would like to have a crack at rugby,as ive been taunted at work and would like to smash people to readdress the imbalance in the cosmos this has caused.

Last edited:
Im into my 12th month straight of working without any real break apart from the odd day off every now and then. I think ill get laid off soon for a few weeks which will be nice. Worked thru chrissy and new years while others went to music festivals,banged hotties and took class A drugs,while i went home and benched lol. Yeah got injured,i think i was pushing the squatting and deadlifting a bit too hard without laying the necessary foundation of accessory work that has to come along with it. Not gonna do the nats anymore,ive always said making money was my priority and having the dates changed due to covid right smack bang of my busiest part of the year financially means that i cant. No biggie,ill probably do a comp when it slows down. I still feel like im quite strong due to my job,i can kinda tell im not really diminished. Im looking at masters strongman as well as rugby,i think it would be quite fun but we ll see.. no promises. I would like to have a crack at rugby,as ive been taunted at work and would like to smash people to readdress the imbalance in the cosmos this has caused.

All good. Let us know how the Rugby goes. You've only been lifting 10 years or so probably not too much knee and back degeneration? Dem Moari genetics!

All good. Let us know how the Rugby goes. You've only been lifting 10 years or so probably not too much knee and back degeneration? Dem Moari genetics!

some big units play rugby mate. Ive been following a few work mates who play and its invigorated my love for it. Im aiming to play on the wing. Unfortunately theres only a prem team with 30+ players and an u21s here where i live so will have to travel if i wanna play presidents(masters/old guys etc) rugby. Good fun bro.

some big units play rugby mate. Ive been following a few work mates who play and its invigorated my love for it. Im aiming to play on the wing. Unfortunately theres only a prem team with 30+ players and an u21s here where i live so will have to travel if i wanna play presidents(masters/old guys etc) rugby. Good fun bro.

Fucken oath! It's that primal instinct, that surge of adrenalin and Testosterone etc. Males need a way to express it otherwise it gets expressed in other destructive ways.
Wing? I thought Centre or something - where you can smash kunce more often lol.

Fucken oath! It's that primal instinct, that surge of adrenalin and Testosterone etc. Males need a way to express it otherwise it gets expressed in other destructive ways.
Wing? I thought Centre or something - where you can smash kunce more often lol.

Ah havent played since the mid 90s lol,ill ease my way back into it. My preferred position is 1st 5 or flyhalf as u guys call it but might be a bit cheeky of me being a newcomer coming in and demanding to run the cutter straight off the bat. Its still ages away anyway,the trainings will tell me if im still up for it.

my mums maori yes,she married the smallest pom ever,srs hes barely 5 ft lol. Hes great though really,love me Dad. She was telling me she dated an All Black prop in the early 70s,so you can imagine im thinking in my head wtf? i could of been 18/19 stone and built like a mack truck??????

my mums maori yes,she married the smallest pom ever,srs hes barely 5 ft lol. Hes great though really,love me Dad. She was telling me she dated an All Black prop in the early 70s,so you can imagine im thinking in my head wtf? i could of been 18/19 stone and built like a mack truck??????
WOW:cool::cool: