• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

davileme94

What do you think about reaching the daily calorie goal in just three meals a day? Giving an example of a person who has life in the rush and only makes 3 meals to beat the goal of daily calories ... Would it be ineffective for muscle gains? Would the body fat accumulation be greater because of the tumultuous carbohydrates in those 3 meals? What do you think about this?
__

Our body needs an anabolic state, so eating about 6 to 7 meals a day is important. Our body will be receiving nutrients at least every 3 hours. In morals, I do not agree with the strategy that this young man from my academy is using! Must be bullshit, consume too much carbohydrate in just 3 meals

Last edited:
I think no matter how much you eat...Just eat 3 meals a day or eat smaller meals 5-6 times a day. ... If you're eating first thing in the morning and then every 2-3 hours you'll find it the most effective way to keep your metabolism going strong and to ensure that your energy levels remain constant throughout the day

The best diet....is the one someone can stick to. 6 or more meals isnt necessary at all unless your calorie count is really high.

I spread em out to 4 or 5 meals depending on the day. I split my daily protein reasonably equally accross them, for me 40-50gm per meal at the moment. The other two macros can vary abit. Eating between 2800 and 3200 a day.

But thats just me.

If youre eating 5000 or more (probably not...) it would be easier to consume them accross more meals, purely from a food volume perspective. The world strong man guys do it that way. 7 or 8 Per day. But they are eating anywhere from 800-1200 cals per meal. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So my regular not really training is about 3-4k cals. My training cals sit around 4-5k, at my heaviest I ate 8-9k cals to continue to gain weight. (I'm one of those annoying high metabolism assholes)

For me eating and training as well isn't about timing or how often it's about listening to your body it knows things pretty well. If I'm hungry I eat, and I stop eating when I'm full. Than when I'm hungry again I eat. Sometimes this happens more frequently and sometimes less. Sometimes I require more food at any given time and sometimes less. I assume my food will tell me when it needs fuel. And I will happily give it to it because I love eating :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you for work?

Most people actually have a very similar metabolic rate. Its the daily amount of calories burnt while the body is in motion that is generally the difference.

What do you for work?

Most people actually have a very similar metabolic rate. Its the daily amount of calories burnt while the body is in motion that is generally the difference.

Nothing active haha! Literally sit/stand then stand/sit. Mind you when I ate super high cals I weighed in around 115. But i visit the bathroom 2-3 times a day so it moves through quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds a little more like a lot of the calories simply not making it to full digestion haha.
Standing at a desk will burn something like 40-80 calries more per hour than sitting too.
Love my sit down/stand up workstation.

What do you think about reaching the daily calorie goal in just three meals a day? Giving an example of a person who has life in the rush and only makes 3 meals to beat the goal of daily calories ... Would it be ineffective for muscle gains? Would the body fat accumulation be greater because of the tumultuous carbohydrates in those 3 meals? What do you think about this?

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Tumutuous meaning 'making an uproar or loud, confused noise.excited, confused, or disorderly' . Not sure what is tumultuous about carbohydrates. What do you mean ONLY three meals?? Where do you get the idea that you need all these meals?? 1 to 2 meals in probably normal and optimal for most people.

body needs an anabolic state, so eating about 6 to 7 meals a day is important. Our body will be receiving nutrients at least every 3 hours. In morals, I do not agree with the strategy that this young man from my academy is using! Must be bullshit, consume too much carbohydrate in just 3 meals

So much misinformation and bro science is such a small sentence. If humans needed 6-7 meals a day, we as a species, would have diet out millions of years ago. Most indigenous tribes will eat one meal a day or every second or third day.

I really have no idea where this stupid comes from.

It's 1pm now, last meal I had was yesterday at 5pm, not even hungry yet, I have no fucking idea what I would be eating 6 to 7 times a fucking day. You are not a cow.

Last edited:
Yeah. For health, you most certainly dont need many meals per day. Just need to satisfy your requirements.

Performance diets are different. They are generally not optimal for health.

But you certainly dont need 7 either.

Its like the myth that the anabolic window closes soon after training.

It absolutely doesnt. Infact it likely goes on for up to 48 hours...

Yeah. For health, you most certainly dont need many meals per day. Just need to satisfy your requirements.

Performance diets are different. They are generally not optimal for health.

But you certainly dont need 7 either.

You will find that pretty much any person/animal will perform better when hungry.

There is actually a reason for this. If performance dropped just because you have not eaten for 45 minutes it would make hunting very difficult.

Old warrior tribes used to wait till after the other party had eaten before they would attack, as that would make them slower and more sluggish in combat.

Immediately after is silly of course.

I eat around 4 hours before i train. Any closer and yep, sluggish.

Get out of the dark ages Mick.
They did that out of necessity not because it was optimal.

Immediately after is silly of course.

I eat around 4 hours before i train. Any closer and yep, sluggish.

I generally train then eat. Never eat before training, never have.

This is also because I get home from work then train then eat dinner.

Hunt. Ate when they could. Sharpened spears. Made shoes from hide etc.
We don’t hunt anymore for food.

They did what out of necessity??
Are you stupid or slow to reason? What I meant when I said about tumultuous carbohydrates. It is the fact of eating high amounts of carbohydrates at one time in meals. Carbohydrates is stored in the liver as glycogen and hence supplies the energy storage molecule Adenosine Triphosphate by glucose. And you are even ass, I'm sure. Too much carbs when it's not needed is turned into tricerides when the liver gets in excess of glycogen. Triglycerides do store body fat ... And who are you to give me a sermon, you think it's the Arnold father of bodybuilding?