• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hunt. We don’t hunt anymore for food.

I still hunt for food, I have had a game hunting permit for around 10 years provided to me by the Department of Primary Industry, I also have a fishing licence and regularly fish for food, I also know plenty of others who do the same. I will often hunt and eat venison, and the occasional goat, not a huge fan of goat meat though, I do love venison.

Others hunt for bargains at the local shop when they shop for their food, in a similar manner, without the actual killing part, not everyone likes getting their hands dirty. People trade their time for money, they then use the money to trade for food. Same end result, most people 'work' for their food in one way or another.

Ate when they could

I have always eaten when I could, I have never eaten when I couldn't, by the simple fact that I couldn't. Pretty sure pretty much every person on the planet eats when they can and does not eat when they can't.

Are you stupid or slow to reason?

Neither, but you appear to be both, especially with the rubbish you talk about, 6 to 7 meals a day fuck me, do you have time do anything else all day?? What happens if you miss one? Douyou die, or do your muscles instantly shrink?

What I meant when I said about tumultuous carbohydrates. It is the fact of eating high amounts of carbohydrates at one time in meals.

So why not say that? Why use a word with a completely wrong and different meaning that makes no sense?

Carbohydrates is stored in the liver as glycogen and hence supplies the energy storage molecule Adenosine Triphosphate by glucose. And you are even ass, I'm sure. Too much carbs when it's not needed is turned into tricerides when the liver gets in excess of glycogen. Triglycerides do store body fat ...

So why do you assume someone eating three meals a day gets too many carbohydrates?? I eat one meal a day and I eat no carbohydrates. carbohydrates are not a nutrient and are not essential and are not needed. There are essential fats and essential proteins no such thing as essential carbohydrates.

And who are you to give me a sermon, you think it's the Arnold father of bodybuilding?

Not really sure what this sentence means? Again Its not really English or has any sort of sentence structure that makes sense, even google translate could not make any sense of it. I have no religious tendencies.

In relation who I am, I am a person that was making a living as a full time personal trainer decades before you shit your first nappy.

No Mick. You, like all of us eat when we chose not when we can 99% of the time.

No I eat when I am hungry and when I can. If I am hungry and I can't because I am out and about or working I don't eat, then I will eat when I can, ie I get home, but if I get home and I still have to train I will train first then eat. I never eat before I train, and I generally don't eat at work.

That's just me, others may do things differently. But to me you must have a reason for doing things.

Even my kids generally eat once or twice day. as their own choice.

My first meal on a day off is generally around 2pm, on a work day my first meal is after I get home from work and completed my gym session.

He’s your worst nightmare.
Deal with it.

I am no ones night mare, but not many people like hearing the facts. Except for Bazza but I think they are wet dreams and gay fantasies rather than nightmares.

I did not like the arrogance of this guy bro, who is he?

Anyone that says bro can't really be taken seriously, time you start doing some hard yards, growing some hair on your balls and growing up. There is no bro's here, we are men and women.

English is not my native language, my native language is Portuguese. I do an English course here in Australia, but I am very bad.

So you chose to eat when your hungry . See, you chose.
If your working and you chose not to stop, you chose not you eat.
You are not a slave who has no choice.

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Tumutuous meaning 'making an uproar or loud, confused noise.excited, confused, or disorderly' . Not sure what is tumultuous about carbohydrates. What do you mean ONLY three meals?? Where do you get the idea that you need all these meals?? 1 to 2 meals in probably normal and optimal for most people.

So much misinformation and bro science is such a small sentence. If humans needed 6-7 meals a day, we as a species, would have diet out millions of years ago. Most indigenous tribes will eat one meal a day or every second or third day.

I really have no idea where this stupid comes from.

It's 1pm now, last meal I had was yesterday at 5pm, not even hungry yet, I have no fucking idea what I would be eating 6 to 7 times a fucking day. You are not a cow.

I'd like to weigh in. For the most part what you've said I agree with, coupe things I'd like to clarify though.

Can you survive eating one meal per day most definitely is it the most healthy most efficient and effective way of providing your body nutrients? Definitely not. I have read multiple studies with a high enough evidence base to suggest that eating only one meal per day can lead to increase cholesterol specifically LDL as well as increased blood pressure. And I have also seen one meal studies showing high blood sugar.

What I'm saying is bro science of 7 meals a day is pretty much laughed at by most people with a decent understanding of how a body works. However one meal per day increases undesired levels in the body, which while may not necessarily cause you to die it will affect your bodies ability to perform correctly and increase risk of severe health conditions that can cause you to die.

I agree with eat when your hungry i said earlier in the thread listen to your own body. If it's hungry feed it.

As far As health, is most of what a bodybuilder does healthy? Diets are altered to achieve specific goals, some or most of these goals probably aren't what is considered healthy.

Final thought, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Each body while following similar rules and functionality all performs and responds differently. Sure there is certain things which are mostly right but usually you'll find that in the middle of both extremes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mick, you remind me of the bloke in Guardians of the galaxy who takes everything literally, He's a funny bastard.

Mick, you remind me of the bloke in Guardians of the galaxy who takes everything literally, He's a funny bastard.
Drax. He's a fucken legend.

"You are beautiful...on the inside".

"You are ugliest thing ive ever seen".

And that bit where hes imaging sleeping with that insect looking sheila, and then wants to vomit. Fucking gold.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anyone that says bro can't really be taken seriously, time you start doing some hard yards, growing some hair on your balls and growing up. There is no bro's here, we are men and women.

im a kiwi and we say bro all the time,even the women talk to you that way.

Fuken, class acts
in all my years as a semi pro sleazebag I can’t remember boning a single kiwi chick
and I say that with pride

English is not my native language, my native language is Portuguese. I do an English course here in Australia, but I am very bad.

That probably explains your use of the incorrect words.

May be try and keep things simple, especially when learning a new language.

I'd like to weigh in. For the most part what you've said I agree with, coupe things I'd like to clarify though.

Can you survive eating one meal per day most definitely is it the most healthy most efficient and effective way of providing your body nutrients? Definitely not. I have read multiple studies with a high enough evidence base to suggest that eating only one meal per day can lead to increase cholesterol specifically LDL as well as increased blood pressure. And I have also seen one meal studies showing high blood sugar.

What I'm saying is bro science of 7 meals a day is pretty much laughed at by most people with a decent understanding of how a body works. However one meal per day increases undesired levels in the body, which while may not necessarily cause you to die it will affect your bodies ability to perform correctly and increase risk of severe health conditions that can cause you to die.

I agree with eat when your hungry i said earlier in the thread listen to your own body. If it's hungry feed it.

As far As health, is most of what a bodybuilder does healthy? Diets are altered to achieve specific goals, some or most of these goals probably aren't what is considered healthy.

Final thought, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Each body while following similar rules and functionality all performs and responds differently. Sure there is certain things which are mostly right but usually you'll find that in the middle of both extremes.

Interesting, I would be interested in reading some of these studies.

Are they actual studies or just questionnaires people filled out disguised as studies??

Interesting, I would be interested in reading some of these studies.

Are they actual studies or just questionnaires people filled out disguised as studies??

No proper studies man haha, when I get a chance I'll bring them up and post them. But I have seen a fair few back up the notion so shouldn't be hard to find

This is all pretty simple

if you’re not getting stronger and you’re getting bigger you can back it in it’s not muscle tissue your adding.