• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Snoochies

I work and office job, I workout before work and sit all day. I was thinking of heading out for a walk on my lunch breaks and looking for ideas to eat on the walk.
Currently for lunch I eat baked chicken and steamed veggies (birdseyes ones) and eat at my desk. I need the microwave and bowls and cutlery etc plus 10 mins to prep.

What are some suggestions to eat on a walk that's high protein and little carbs.

Cheers

How long is your lunch break? Even if you had half an hour, take something cold or something that re-heats in 3 minutes instead of taking 10 minutes to prep/cook.

10 minutes heating and eating, 20 minutes walking. Plenty of time to do them separately, if you think 20 minutes walk time isn't enough, then walk faster. I would walk then eat personally, just in case you work up a sweat, you'll have some cool down time instead of stinking out the office.

I work and office job, I workout before work and sit all day. I was thinking of heading out for a walk on my lunch breaks and looking for ideas to eat on the walk.
Currently for lunch I eat baked chicken and steamed veggies (birdseyes ones) and eat at my desk. I need the microwave and bowls and cutlery etc plus 10 mins to prep.

What are some suggestions to eat on a walk that's high protein and little carbs.

Cheers

if you crammed your workout into 20 to 30 minutes, up’d your intensity of work you can achieve both so no need to walk.

just be creative consider....

walk to gym
walk after your workout
walking isn’t aerobic

it doesn’t matter when you walk, walk when you get home.

dont put yourself under added pressure at work by thinking you need to walk at lunchtime, enjoy your lunch.

Lol thanks for the replies. It's a time thing. I workout 5am close to home then have an hour drive to work and obviously on the way home as well. I merely want to get out from the desk. We have a lot of people in our office and a tiny kitchen so waiting for the microwave is an issue plus the walk I do is exactly half an hour over the Brissy river and back. Yeah I could walk quicker but then I have the issue of sweating in my work clothes, just taking it casual, getting out and having a bite to eat. More of a mental issue I guess.