• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Drinking sugary drinks is just stupid.

For me.
its quite ok to have one now and again it’s not going to kill you is it.
i enjoy sweet things, I enjoy food that tastes good.
my thinking is, you gotta enjoy life.

if your thing is being a muscle head, then cutting out unnecessary sugar should be a priority...it ain’t mine.

Beer, Wine and Spirits (for the most part) are not high in sugar

It depends on what you get. My point is if you went into Dan Murphy's and grabbed a random beverage, chances are it will have more than 10g of sugar in it

It depends on what you get. My point is if you went into Dan Murphy's and grabbed a random beverage, chances are it will have more than 10g of sugar in it

Whiskey/whisky is low in sugar!

(just thought I’d continue the obtuse responses)

Gooby is 100% correct as well, you can't out train a shitty diet
He didn’t say that. What he said is “any amount of exercise ain’t going to help”

its totally incorrect. Of course exercise even with a shitty diet while not perfect, the exercise is still going to help.

And yes some people can out exercise a shitty diet to be at least lean and healthy looking on the outside. Obviously makes it much harder.

Last edited:
Yeah I get that...,
The point I’m trying to make is you cannot outrun a “bad” so called diet.

Even alcohol is high in sugar

View attachment 12654

Yes agreed, one cannot physically burn the amount of sugars that can be so easily consumed just by drinking.
Beer is what fuks me, no sugar, just pure carbs which I don’t need l, but I just love the taste.

He didn’t say that. What he said is “any amount of exercise ain’t going to help”

its totally incorrect. Of course exercise even with a shitty diet while not perfect, the exercise is still going to help.

And yes some people can out exercise a shitty diet to be at least lean and healthy looking on the outside.

Show me evidence of a bloke improving his health on a shitty diet.

and I’m correct.
any amount of exercise whether that be aerobic or other is the not going to make a change physically if the person is eating way over maintenance.

show me evidence of this somewhere

Last edited:
At some point the person needs to consume less calories than they’re using.
or, triple their work, but in time injury will stop them, whether that’s in time or immediately

The ideal way to kill fat is to consume just below maintenance so they’re losing fat whilst gaining muscle.

And that’s a pretty simple concept that nobody does.