Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 110

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Doctor Explains Why Calories in vs Calories Out is a Fallacy.

  1. #41
    "2014 - Kunce of the year"

    Array
    Big Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Gender:
    Posts
    5,690
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    So other than going back in time and changing oneís genetics, how else should one attempt to lose fat other than by reducing calories?
    I personally think a species appropriate diet is a start, not that my mate in the above example follows one but he just has special hormones/metabolism but still obliterates the calories in vs calories out theory.

    I mentioned this before, but no animal in nature that follows their natural diet is overweight, only animals fed and cared for by humans get overweight.

    Go and check out a carcass of a slaughtered pig fed by humans vs a pig that lives free range, massive difference in body fat.

    Now all we need to do is figure out what a humans natural diet is.

    I am certain though that it does not involve processed sugars and nothing that comes in a box or packet from the supermarket or alcohol for anything sold by fast food restaurants and anything shipped in from overseas.

    In my opinion it would definitely include locally sourced unprocessed meat, and locally sourced in season fruits and vegetables.
    Hidden Content

    Life doesn't give you want you want, it gives you what you have earned.





  2. __________________

    Ausbb Sponsors
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Flex Fitness Equipment fitness Equipment Specialists | warehouse direct
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

  •   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42
    Fucked up Kunce

    Array
    Shrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pluto
    Gender:
    Posts
    54,211
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Clearly Mick, your mate, even though he eats shit, is consuming less calories than heís burning.
    Iherb promo code ZSG863Hidden Content Hidden Content


  • #43
    Captain Kunce

    Array
    Timeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,000
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep.

    Mick how do you know he "obliterates" the in vs out theory?

    You dont know how much he moves. At all.

    I go through periods where i move about alot, 12000 steps per day, for a couple months. Then i go through periods where i only get through 3000 per month stuck in the office. I eat almost the same total calories all the time. Guess what my weight does during reach period of time?



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Lifts - Squat: 200kg Bench: 140kg Deadlift: 252.5kg
    Overhead Press: 80.5kg (05/09/18)
    Hidden Content


  • #44
    Active Member

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14,229
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mick View Post
    I personally think a species appropriate diet is a start, not that my mate in the above example follows one but he just has special hormones/metabolism but still obliterates the calories in vs calories out theory.

    I mentioned this before, but no animal in nature that follows their natural diet is overweight, only animals fed and cared for by humans get overweight.

    Go and check out a carcass of a slaughtered pig fed by humans vs a pig that lives free range, massive difference in body fat.

    Now all we need to do is figure out what a humans natural diet is.

    I am certain though that it does not involve processed sugars and nothing that comes in a box or packet from the supermarket or alcohol for anything sold by fast food restaurants and anything shipped in from overseas.

    In my opinion it would definitely include locally sourced unprocessed meat, and locally sourced in season fruits and vegetables.
    If we are eating a natural diet? No native beef in Aus, so need to scrap that.

    Even if you are happy to include beef. Since when is driving to the butcher and paying for a few kg of sliced up porterhouse steak, natural.

    If you really want to eat a natural diet it’s likely going to only include limited amount of meat because animals are not that easy to catch without modern tools and requires the expenditure of many calories to catch often times unsuccessfully.

    If you want to go down the natural path you need to be consistent and not just cherry pick the parts you like.


  • #45
    Active Member

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14,229
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeah View Post
    Yep.

    Mick how do you know he "obliterates" the in vs out theory?

    You dont know how much he moves. At all.

    I go through periods where i move about alot, 12000 steps per day, for a couple months. Then i go through periods where i only get through 3000 per month stuck in the office. I eat almost the same total calories all the time. Guess what my weight does during reach period of time?



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    This.

    When I was playing footy and working out a lot I would lose weight on 5000 calories a day but I was lifting weights 5 days a week. Working a physical job, training for footy and doing my own running. I was often doing over 30,000 steps a day.

    Now doing less Iím on more like 3000 calories a day.

    Im interested to know how this bloke obliterates calories in vs out as well.


  • #46
    Packing a Huge Member

    Array
    Grunta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,777
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mick View Post
    I mentioned this before, but no animal in nature that follows their natural diet is overweight, only animals fed and cared for by humans.
    Thats most likely due to the balance of energy spent to obtain the food vs the energy provided by the food.
    Dumb Kunce


  • #47
    "2014 - Kunce of the year"

    Array
    Big Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Gender:
    Posts
    5,690
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeah View Post
    Mick how do you know he "obliterates" the in vs out theory?

    You dont know how much he moves. At all.
    Trust me I have known the bloke for 35 years, we were training partners for 5 years, I know what he does in his spare time (plays video games) I know what he does for work (sits in an office all day), he has never done any cardio, does not walk anywhere, does no outdoor activities unless in involves eating BBQ and drinking. Trains with weights a few times a week at best.

    If I ate the exact foods that he eats and alcohol he drinks I would be at least 140-150kg, or dead, and I am active all day every day.
    Hidden Content

    Life doesn't give you want you want, it gives you what you have earned.


  • #48
    "2014 - Kunce of the year"

    Array
    Big Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Gender:
    Posts
    5,690
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    Thats most likely due to the balance of energy spent to obtain the food vs the energy provided by the food.
    That would be part of it, but what about the quality of food being appropriate for that animal, people these days feed dogs kibble based on soy and grains, can you see that as a problem??

    People these days eat a lot of food that has zero nutritional value yet provides empty calories with no nutrition.
    Hidden Content

    Life doesn't give you want you want, it gives you what you have earned.


  • #49
    "2014 - Kunce of the year"

    Array
    Big Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Gender:
    Posts
    5,690
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza20 View Post
    If we are eating a natural diet? No native beef in Aus, so need to scrap that.
    It's meat. It's raised locally not flown in from overseas, trust me I can look out my window and I see them. Humans living in different regions have eaten different animals, humans living in Siberia eat different animals to those living in India and those living in the amazon jungle or on African plains.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza20 View Post
    Even if you are happy to include beef. Since when is driving to the butcher and paying for a few kg of sliced up porterhouse steak, natural.
    It's meat, it's a natural unaltered product, not that hard to understand, regardless if I killed it myself or a butcher cut it up for me the nutritional value and health benefits remain the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza20 View Post
    If you really want to eat a natural diet itís likely going to only include limited amount of meat because animals are not that easy to catch without modern tools and requires the expenditure of many calories to catch often times unsuccessfully.
    Limited amount of meat?? Yes everything is limited, we as humans have the ability to use tools, many other animals also use tools, that is our natural ability. It's pretty easy to work out what a species appropriate diet would look like for a human, I am certain it would not include, sandwiches, Coco pops, Ice cream, soft drinks etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza20 View Post
    If you want to go down the natural path you need to be consistent and not just cherry pick the parts you like.
    Where did I say I liked any of it??

    I don't have to like it for it to be correct.

    What I like and don't like has absolutely no relevance or bearing on what a humans species appropriate diet consists of.
    Last edited by Big Mick; 17-06-2019 at 11:00 PM.
    Hidden Content

    Life doesn't give you want you want, it gives you what you have earned.


  • #50
    Packing a Huge Member

    Array
    Grunta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,777
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mick View Post
    That would be part of it, but what about the quality of food being appropriate for that animal, people these days feed dogs kibble based on soy and grains, can you see that as a problem??

    People these days eat a lot of food that has zero nutritional value yet provides empty calories with no nutrition.
    Yes, the amount and quality of the food will definitely have an effect.
    Dumb Kunce


  • Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •