• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
So other than going back in time and changing one’s genetics, how else should one attempt to lose fat other than by reducing calories?

I personally think a species appropriate diet is a start, not that my mate in the above example follows one but he just has special hormones/metabolism but still obliterates the calories in vs calories out theory.

I mentioned this before, but no animal in nature that follows their natural diet is overweight, only animals fed and cared for by humans get overweight.

Go and check out a carcass of a slaughtered pig fed by humans vs a pig that lives free range, massive difference in body fat.

Now all we need to do is figure out what a humans natural diet is.

I am certain though that it does not involve processed sugars and nothing that comes in a box or packet from the supermarket or alcohol for anything sold by fast food restaurants and anything shipped in from overseas.

In my opinion it would definitely include locally sourced unprocessed meat, and locally sourced in season fruits and vegetables.

Clearly Mick, your mate, even though he eats shit, is consuming less calories than he’s burning.

Yep.

Mick how do you know he "obliterates" the in vs out theory?

You dont know how much he moves. At all.

I go through periods where i move about alot, 12000 steps per day, for a couple months. Then i go through periods where i only get through 3000 per month stuck in the office. I eat almost the same total calories all the time. Guess what my weight does during reach period of time?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I personally think a species appropriate diet is a start, not that my mate in the above example follows one but he just has special hormones/metabolism but still obliterates the calories in vs calories out theory.

I mentioned this before, but no animal in nature that follows their natural diet is overweight, only animals fed and cared for by humans get overweight.

Go and check out a carcass of a slaughtered pig fed by humans vs a pig that lives free range, massive difference in body fat.

Now all we need to do is figure out what a humans natural diet is.

I am certain though that it does not involve processed sugars and nothing that comes in a box or packet from the supermarket or alcohol for anything sold by fast food restaurants and anything shipped in from overseas.

In my opinion it would definitely include locally sourced unprocessed meat, and locally sourced in season fruits and vegetables.

If we are eating a natural diet? No native beef in Aus, so need to scrap that.

Even if you are happy to include beef. Since when is driving to the butcher and paying for a few kg of sliced up porterhouse steak, natural.

If you really want to eat a natural diet it’s likely going to only include limited amount of meat because animals are not that easy to catch without modern tools and requires the expenditure of many calories to catch often times unsuccessfully.

If you want to go down the natural path you need to be consistent and not just cherry pick the parts you like.

Yep.

I go through periods where i move about alot, 12000 steps per day, for a couple months. Then i go through periods where i only get through 3000 per month stuck in the office. I eat almost the same total calories all the time. Guess what my weight does during reach period of time?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This.

When I was playing footy and working out a lot I would lose weight on 5000 calories a day but I was lifting weights 5 days a week. Working a physical job, training for footy and doing my own running. I was often doing over 30,000 steps a day.

Now doing less I’m on more like 3000 calories a day.

Im interested to know how this bloke obliterates calories in vs out as well.

I mentioned this before, but no animal in nature that follows their natural diet is overweight, only animals fed and cared for by humans.

Thats most likely due to the balance of energy spent to obtain the food vs the energy provided by the food.

Trust me I have known the bloke for 35 years, we were training partners for 5 years, I know what he does in his spare time (plays video games) I know what he does for work (sits in an office all day), he has never done any cardio, does not walk anywhere, does no outdoor activities unless in involves eating BBQ and drinking. Trains with weights a few times a week at best.

If I ate the exact foods that he eats and alcohol he drinks I would be at least 140-150kg, or dead, and I am active all day every day.

Thats most likely due to the balance of energy spent to obtain the food vs the energy provided by the food.

That would be part of it, but what about the quality of food being appropriate for that animal, people these days feed dogs kibble based on soy and grains, can you see that as a problem??

People these days eat a lot of food that has zero nutritional value yet provides empty calories with no nutrition.

If we are eating a natural diet? No native beef in Aus, so need to scrap that.

It's meat. It's raised locally not flown in from overseas, trust me I can look out my window and I see them. Humans living in different regions have eaten different animals, humans living in Siberia eat different animals to those living in India and those living in the amazon jungle or on African plains.

Even if you are happy to include beef. Since when is driving to the butcher and paying for a few kg of sliced up porterhouse steak, natural.

It's meat, it's a natural unaltered product, not that hard to understand, regardless if I killed it myself or a butcher cut it up for me the nutritional value and health benefits remain the same.

If you really want to eat a natural diet it’s likely going to only include limited amount of meat because animals are not that easy to catch without modern tools and requires the expenditure of many calories to catch often times unsuccessfully.

Limited amount of meat?? Yes everything is limited, we as humans have the ability to use tools, many other animals also use tools, that is our natural ability. It's pretty easy to work out what a species appropriate diet would look like for a human, I am certain it would not include, sandwiches, Coco pops, Ice cream, soft drinks etc.

If you want to go down the natural path you need to be consistent and not just cherry pick the parts you like.

Where did I say I liked any of it??

I don't have to like it for it to be correct.

What I like and don't like has absolutely no relevance or bearing on what a humans species appropriate diet consists of.

Last edited:
That would be part of it, but what about the quality of food being appropriate for that animal, people these days feed dogs kibble based on soy and grains, can you see that as a problem??

People these days eat a lot of food that has zero nutritional value yet provides empty calories with no nutrition.

Yes, the amount and quality of the food will definitely have an effect.

Trust me I have known the bloke for 35 years, we were training partners for 5 years, I know what he does in his spare time (plays video games) I know what he does for work (sits in an office all day), he has never done any cardio, does not walk anywhere, does no outdoor activities unless in involves eating BBQ and drinking. Trains with weights a few times a week at best.

If I ate the exact foods that he eats and alcohol he drinks I would be at least 140-150kg, or dead, and I am active all day every day.

That in no way obliterates calories in vs out.

It's meat. It's raised locally not flown in from overseas, trust me I can look out my window and I see them. Humans living in different regions have eaten different animals, humans living in Siberia eat different animals to those living in India and those living in the amazon jungle or on African plains.

It's meat, it's a natural unaltered product, not that hard to understand, regardless if I killed it myself or a butcher cut it up for me the nutritional value and health benefits remain the same.

Limited amount of meat?? Yes everything is limited, we as humans have the ability to use tools, many other animals also use tools, that is our natural ability. It's pretty easy to work out what a species appropriate diet would look like for a human, I am certain it would not include, sandwiches, Coco pops, Ice cream, soft drinks etc.

Where did I say I liked any of it??

I don't have to like it for it to be correct.

What I like and don't like has absolutely no relevance or bearing on what a humans species appropriate diet consists of.

Mick. So what you are saying is you are happy to pick and choose the parts you claim is a natural diet. You live in Australia. Name the amount of native meats you eat here? Are you eating a natural amount you could catch without modern tools.

Just like your claim about flying fruits and veg around being not natural (remember you are wrong here again, extremely little food is actually flown) how is easy access to non native farmed animal meat 24/7 any different.

im clearly not talking about coco pops or ice cream and never mentioned it. Not sure why you bring it up apart from a poor attempt to disguise that you can’t justify your reasons properly.

Doctor Explains Why Calories in vs Calories Out is a Fallacy

Hi Mick,

I'm not sure if you're aware of the diet wars that have been going on between the HFLC vs HCLF camps. In any case, I think it would be great to watch the following video I'm including below, when you have some relaxing time up your sleeves Sir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA3QavPp1Ho

A balanced approach to eating (real food and food that doesn't bother you), coupled with moving (as our bodies were designed to do), would be the way to go mate.

Take care ...

Last edited:
If a fatty has bad eating habits and try’s to “exercise “ his way out of trouble it won’t work.

On that note; what sort of “exercises” would one prescribed to a fatso that eats well over their maintenance levels?

Before you start....walking isn’t exercise

People can still eat "sugar and it's derivatives" and be perfectly healthy

Its more the amount of sugary food and carbs I’m talking about, no doubt exercising garners benefits.

Regular physical activity reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, dementia and some cancers by at least 30%,” they write. “However, physical activity does not promote weight loss.”

If a fatty has bad eating habits and try’s to “exercise “ his way out of trouble it won’t work.

On that note; what sort of “exercises” would one prescribed to a fatso that eats well over their maintenance levels?

Before you start....walking isn’t exercise

The answer is, whatever activity the fat kunce is capable of doing that keeps his heart rate up without hurting him.
Something with low impact preferably.
Even up and down a step till his fat arse can’t sweat no more will help the kunce burn some of that energy from the sugar the kunce has been gulping down all day.

If you’re asking if that will get him to look like slim Jim, fat chance, but it may extend his lifespan a little.

I think you’re referring to kunce like truckers, who knock off a 1.25L of coke before they get out of town and then stop for a piss and a dozen fried dimsims, all before 10am. These kunce need to move around in anyway way possible to burn all that sugar and fats.

Last edited:
Yeah I get that...,
The point I’m trying to make is you cannot outrun a “bad” so called diet.

Even alcohol is high in sugar

A0EF8C13-BDEC-4FB9-97B5-7EBC3CF9463F.jpg