• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It’s funny calories in vs calories while not 100% perfect works on farm animals extremely well.

Its harder to work on humans because humans tend to lie and it’s hard to tie humans up for years and do a controlled calories in vs out study.

Calories in vs out isn’t just pure physics without taking into biology. When you test the energy of feeds for farm animals you have to specify the animal because the feed value varies depending on the animals and how they digest the same feed. Humans is the same. The calories you see is estimated for humans, it’s not the total calorie content of that food.

There was this TV show that was doing nutrition myths. They got three people that claimed they all ate something like 1500 calories and couldn’t loose weight, calorie counting didn’t work for them. The show hired private investigators to follow them and track their eating. In reality they were actually eating something like double to triple the calories they claimed.
Exactly right.

Most people don't track correctly.

Simple mistakes like say counting rice.
Gotta be counted raw.... Not fucking cooked.
Cooking oils is another one that fucks people up.
And people using something like myfitnesspal, selecting an incorrectly submitted entry for a food.

These create huge issues with counting. So yes, in this instance, counting doesnt work BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING IT WRONG. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Check out these guys:

Mike Israetel
Eric Helms
Layne Norton

They are my top three "go to" people for anything nutrition.

No i think it's been found that when caloric deficit is equal, the two methods provided similar results.

Ill need to go find it.

Also, the guy who ate nothing but maccas, and another guy who Ate nothing but mars bars. Kept to a caloric deficit. Both lost predictable amounts of weight.

You are right. Keto has no calorie advantage for losing weight.

Most effective diet.........

Is the one you'll stick to.

lmao wow this Dr. Fung guy literally believes that the secret to health is just starving yourself

lmao wow this Dr. Fung guy literally believes that the secret to health is just starving yourself

I don’t know what this dr fung is claiming because I haven’t watched the video but there seems to be evidence coming out about health benefits from periods of fasting.

I don’t know what this dr fung is claiming because I haven’t watched the video but there seems to be evidence coming out about health benefits from periods of fasting.

Have a watch, this is new levels of retard

Exactly right.

Most people don't track correctly.

Simple mistakes like say counting rice.
Gotta be counted raw.... Not fucking cooked.
Cooking oils is another one that fucks people up.
And people using something like MyFitnessPal

Yeah true, but I’ve still cut that way, didn’t list the oils and used MyFitnessPal for all counts, even said “fuk it, close enough“ and selected the closest thing to the food I was looking, estimated weight by eye and still lost fat.
it is so because when I measured what I was eating before cutting I measured just as incorrectly with same gaps and errors, so I was getting a cal reduction from previous diet and that was as scientific as I ever got and it still worked.
i don’t think you need to the microscopic level to lose some fat, well I don’t anyway, close enough worked well enough but keep in mind I didn’t have a set period to be stage ready or anything, in those circumstances you may want to a lot more precise.
Also didn’t measure fat levels either, mirror and how clothes fit was as precise as I got.

Yeah true, but I’ve still cut that way, didn’t list the oils and used MyFitnessPal for all counts, even said “fuk it, close enough“ and selected the closest thing to the food I was looking, estimated weight by eye and still lost fat.
it is so because when I measured what I was eating before cutting I measured just as incorrectly with same gaps and errors, so I was getting a cal reduction from previous diet and that was as scientific as I ever got and it still worked.
i don’t think you need to the microscopic level to lose some fat, well I don’t anyway, close enough worked well enough but keep in mind I didn’t have a set period to be stage ready or anything, in those circumstances you may want to a lot more precise.
Also didn’t measure fat levels either, mirror and how clothes fit was as precise as I got.

"cut" lol,youre still fat,fatty.

Yeah nah yeah that's fine.

I'm sure you've seen entries pretty wrong like 600 cals vs 200 lol. There is heaps on there.

And yes, close enough is good enough for general weight loss. Im only refering you the fat fucks who say they eat 1400 but in truth miscounted and was actually 2000. Etc.

I unlike you am carrying muscle
you on the other hand are just an ugly looking fat fuk.

id out total you with ease fatboy,lets face facts,sure you may outbench me having done it for 20 years longer and being 20 kgs fatter but we ve been down this road havent we regarding squats and deadlifts,ya know the true test of overall body strength. Your chest and biceps are ornaments buddy. You dont impress me physically.

Last edited:
id out total you with ease fatboy,lets face facts,sure you may outbench me having done it for 20 years longer and being 20 kgs fatter but we ve been down this road havent we regarding squats and deadlifts,ya know the true test of overall body strength. Your chest and biceps are ornaments buddy. You dont impress me physically.

Youre still an ugly looking fat kunce, no matter what you used to squat.

Thought of you when I saw this Mick. Must be true!

View attachment 12650

So you are saying that every lean person is starving themselves??

It's blatantly obvious that this is incorrect.

I have one mate in particular who literally lives of KFC, Red Roster, Pizza and Maccas, and drinks at least 2 cases of beer a week, I am serious that is all he eats breakfast lunch and dinner, he is 49 this July I have known him since we were 15 he has had a 6 pack the whole fucking time, eating this way since he was about 21, you can see striations in his muscles across his chest and his arms, it has killed my life the whole time.

Yet he has kidney stones, high blood pressure, and a myriad of other health issues his blood work is horrendous but mine in comparison is perfect with zero health issues ever.

I eat reasonable healthy, rarely drink, hardly ever eat take away like that, may be once a fortnight get a chicken burger from KFC, or some Chinese take away or sushi and have not seen my abs since I was 21.

I also train a lot more than he does and am a LOT more active than what he is day in and day out, I also lift way more than he does and way more often.

But his hormones work different to mine, if I ate his exact same diet I would weigh 200kg and probably already be 6 feet under. How do calories out vs calories in account for that??

Kunce eat like that and still have six packs.
Makes me sick. [emoji46]

We went to school together, he was my training partner in the gym when we were 17, he had a 6 pack then and still has a six pack at 49. It has done my head in since I been 17 or 18.

So you are saying that every lean person is starving themselves??

It's blatantly obvious that this is incorrect.

I have one mate in particular who literally lives of KFC, Red Roster, Pizza and Maccas, and drinks at least 2 cases of beer a week, I am serious that is all he eats breakfast lunch and dinner, he is 49 this July I have known him since we were 15 he has had a 6 pack the whole fucking time, eating this way since he was about 21, you can see striations in his muscles across his chest and his arms, it has killed my life the whole time.

Yet he has kidney stones, high blood pressure, and a myriad of other health issues his blood work is horrendous but mine in comparison is perfect with zero health issues ever.

I eat reasonable healthy, rarely drink, hardly ever eat take away like that, may be once a fortnight get a chicken burger from KFC, or some Chinese take away or sushi and have not seen my abs since I was 21.

I also train a lot more than he does and am a LOT more active than what he is day in and day out, I also lift way more than he does and way more often.

But his hormones work different to mine, if I ate his exact same diet I would weigh 200kg and probably already be 6 feet under. How do calories out vs calories in account for that??

So other than going back in time and changing one’s genetics, how else should one attempt to lose fat other than by reducing calories?