• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Some good comments in this thread, I really like where it is going. let me respond to each one that caught my interest,

I would have to agree with that to a certain degree, however species do evolve to have a specific diet, almost every animal is 'designed' or has 'evolved' to eat certain things and to not eat certain things.

Horses/deer/rabbits will eat meat if survival depends on it or even if the opportunity arises, but it is not optimal. Humans will almost eat anything in a life and death situation, but I am certain there is an 'optimal human diet', I don't know what it is but I am 110% certain that it does not involve flying out of season fronts and vegetables around the world.

Agree 110%, there are no essential carbs, or grains, there are however lots of essential amino acids and fats though.

Your points also go the other way. You are worried about flying fruits and vegetables around (Most food is transported by sea and road). What about basically unlimited access meat 24/7. That seems just as unnatural as out of season fruit.

With caveman hunting equipment, meat would have been difficult to come by.

Most of us are hardly eating native meats either. The farmed animals we eat have originated from all around the world.

Your points also go the other way. You are worried about flying fruits and vegetables around (Most food is transported by sea and road). What about basically unlimited access meat 24/7. That seems just as unnatural as out of season fruit.

Most of us are hardly eating native meats either. The farmed animals we eat have originated from all around the world.

That’s a very good point.

i can see cavemen chiseling the macros for the day

And posting their daily meals

Not even close, importing rice from China, Avocados from South America etc and making a meal out of it is very different. When humans evolved we had access to local in season fruits an vegetables for short periods of time, we did not eat these things all year round and personally I believe we should not be eating them year round.

Yet most indigenous cultures almost entirely subsisted on meat supplemented with in season locally sourced vegetables and fruits.

There is little to no nutritional difference between various meats, they all have very similar nutrient profiles.

Not even close, importing rice from China, Avocados from South America etc and making a meal out of it is very different. When humans evolved we had access to local in season fruits an vegetables for short periods of time, we did not eat these things all year round and personally I believe we should not be eating them year round.

Yet most indigenous cultures almost entirely subsisted on meat supplemented with in season locally sourced vegetables and fruits.

There is little to no nutritional difference between various meats, they all have very similar nutrient profiles.

So what you are saying is you are happy to bias your reasoning to justify eating the way you want.

come on Mick. Meats certainly do have different nutrient profiles. Why don’t you compare roo, beef and salmon.

Hunter gatherers while suggested having high consumption of meats still had very high fibre intakes with some estimates at 100-150. My guess Mick is if you are emulating a hunter gatherer lifestyle is you are not eating low fat wild meats plus eating all the organs and getting 100+ grams of fibre from wild fruits and vegtables. and lets face it Mick with your terrible cardio and hate of running the tribe would probably force you to stay home and gather fruits rather than go on the hunts so your meat intake would be even lower.

Mmmmmmm..........Natural cocaine..........oh............wait, maybe it’s not 100% natural

Fruit and vegetables provide you with a lot of necessary nutrients. Most notably Vitamin C. The lack of Vitamin C is why sailors used to develop scurvy. You should also be aware that Vitamin C is affected by cooking and storage. Which is why you will get more Vitamin C from things like citrus which is uncooked, than you will from cooked vegetables.