• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Seriously, this is probably in the top 3 favourite yum cha dishes for me. Add in a touch of chilli paste. Yummo.

1e7903a8777e744c2773127660487737.jpg

Not only are they delicious, but it avoids waste.

Chicken feet are part of peasant culture that has become gourmet, like much of french cooking. Chicken feet are common in many cultures as a dish, along with some other pretty tasty "non main meat" dishes. Another favourite of mine is beef or lamb tongue. You used to be able to pick a big pickled ox tongue for 50 cents, but once the "immigrants" arrived, demand went up so now they cost a bomb.

The most nutritious meat on the planet is liver. Want vitamin C? Pancreas has more than ANY fruit or vegetable.

This is how carnivore cultures like the Inuit and some African tribes survived with no fruit or veggies of any kind. The fat and organs have all the nutrients you need to live, with the side benefit of not leaching minerals as do some veggies.

When I see and hear whiney bitches carrying on how "icky" some type of food is, (hello [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]) it reminds me of what a bunch of soft whiners we have become.

Man up bitch. Pull out your tampon and have some chicken feet. I dare you.

Seriously, this is probably in the top 3 favourite yum cha dishes for me. Add in a touch of chilli paste. Yummo.

Chicken feet are part of peasant culture that has become gourmet, like much of french cooking. Chicken feet are common in many cultures as a dish, along with some other pretty tasty "non main meat" dishes. Another favourite of mine is beef or lamb tongue. You used to be able to pick a big pickled ox tongue for 50 cents, but once the "immigrants" arrived, demand went up so now they cost a bomb.

The most nutritious meat on the planet is liver. Want vitamin C? Pancreas has more than ANY fruit or vegetable.

This is how carnivore cultures like the Inuit and some African tribes survived with no fruit or veggies of any kind. The fat and organs have all the nutrients you need to live, with the side benefit of not leaching minerals as do some veggies.

When I see and hear whiney bitches carrying on how "icky" some type of food is, (hello [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]) it reminds me of what a bunch of soft whiners we have become.

Hear hear.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In Fiji when food was scarce they’d become cannibalistic.
one local told me with a smile;
“white men taste like pork “

But like Darkoz and wood state we adapt it has taken us millions of years to get where we are and to state one one is healthier than others is idiotic at best.

people seem to think we came down in the last shower

[FONT=&quot]“As I get older, and upon reflection, moderation has not been good to me. I have to live in the "all or nothing round" for the remainder of my daze.”

i like this quote from an old friend and lifting nut.

it took me a while to figure out what he’s saying and I think he’s saying.

.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stick with something you like doing and do it well as opposed to just chopping and changing around to suit what’s fashionable at the time.[/FONT]

When I see and hear whiney bitches carrying on how "icky" some type of food is, (hello @Grunta) it reminds me of what a bunch of soft whiners we have become.

seriously man, it’s 2019, who the fuk sucks on boiled chicken feet these day?

Speaking of weird chicken pieces
WTF is a chicken giblet?
Where the fuk on the chicken did they cut that off?
Now bbq chicken ribs = awesome!

Chicken feet was a staple with wog families in the 70’s and 80’s.
Not anymore in my family.
Yuk.

Some good comments in this thread, I really like where it is going. let me respond to each one that caught my interest,

First and foremost, humans as a species are successfull because we have the ability to adapt to changing conditions and environment and as you say, we ate what was vailable at the time but I certainly wouldn't say it was optimal.

I would have to agree with that to a certain degree, however species do evolve to have a specific diet, almost every animal is 'designed' or has 'evolved' to eat certain things and to not eat certain things.

Horses/deer/rabbits will eat meat if survival depends on it or even if the opportunity arises, but it is not optimal. Humans will almost eat anything in a life and death situation, but I am certain there is an 'optimal human diet', I don't know what it is but I am 110% certain that it does not involve flying out of season fronts and vegetables around the world.

On the other hand though, I don't think we need to eat certain foods that we have always been taught, like grains, and processed carbs from wheat like breads, patas etc., I think we can do fine and even better without them as they were intoduced only as a practical means of feeding a large population

Agree 110%, there are no essential carbs, or grains, there are however lots of essential amino acids and fats though.

Because we fly shit in, evolve medical cures, have flushing dunnies and soap we live longer, that’s all that is about @Big Mick ; using what we can from around the world to extend life.

Very simplistic way to look at it.

spoke to a vet, he said who they don’t show on discovery ch is when a lion kills a zebra the first eat the organs and guts for all the minerals, then they consume the meat for calories
domesticated dog will live twice as long as a feral one

I thought that was common knowledge, organ meats are the most prised by wild carnivorous animals, and also by indigenous cultures, often the organs are given to the hunter that killed the animal and they are most often eaten raw.

Domesticated dogs live twice as long(not sure this is even a fact or correct, it seems more like an arbitrary statement made by a vet to justify his fee) as they don't have to hunt for food, and they get fed, but also keep in mind that the only animals in nature that develop chronic health conditions and diet related illnesses are those cared for by humans.

I used to eat chicken livers.

For some reason I can’t stand the smell of them now.
Why does this happen?

I have never liked the taste or texture of liver.

I wish I could eat liver, I really do, and I might try it again, as it is one of the most complete and nutrient dense foods a person can eat apart from brain and fish rogue both of which I can't eat either.

Whole free range eggs are also up there, but again I am not a huge fan of eggs (I did have one this morning as my daughter cooked breakfast and cooked me an egg)

May be I just don't like nutrient dense foods.....

Not sure what you mean by "healthy".

I mean good for you and nutritionally necessary. Do they provide you any benefit?

If you mean, "are veggies necessary to have a reasonable level of health", then the answer is "it depends...".

On what?

If you mean, "will they do you harm", as you might ask "is smoking weed healthy or will it screw you up" or "is eating maccas healthy or will it make you fat", then the answer, as far as veggies goes, is "no" (obviously).

Why obviously, I personally think a lot of vegetables are responsible for a huge number of health issues, including lots of mental health issues.

I honestly do not understand why you would say obviously no. There is nothing obvious about it.

So, getting back to the former statement, they will supply stuff that is not found as much in meat/fat only. But on the other hand, the more veggies/fruit you eat the more of the nutrients they contain you need.

What actual nutrients that vegetable contain do you need?? Do you realise that the human digestive system is unable to access most of the 'paper value' nutrients in fruits and vegetables?

Fortunately, the human body is incredibly adaptive so as long as the food you are eating hasn't been phukked over by a corporation, you can relax about eating and health and start worrying about genetics, because once your diet is sorted that's what influences your age length and susceptibility to cancer and heart disease.

I can't change my genetics I can change my diet.

Do you realise that cancer cells in your body feed on carbohydrates and that most cancer cells can not survive in the absence of carbohydrates and sugars?

95% of kids dislike vegetables.
Nothing surprising there.

Do you think there might be something to this??

Do you think there is a reason for this??

Do you think it's because they instinctually seek out the foods that they should be eating?? (disregard processed sugary and man made foods that were scientifically produced to enhance dopamine production causing fake cravings in humans)

I have two dogs, if I give them a tomato or lettuce leaf they do not even recognise it as food, I can even place it in their food bowel and they will sniff it and then ignore it. But if I place a chicken wing in their bowel they will happily devour it. I think that is because they instinctually know what they are supposed to eat.

Are children similar to this?

When I see and hear whiney bitches carrying on how "icky" some type of food is, (hello @Grunta) it reminds me of what a bunch of soft whiners we have become.

Agreed organ meats and brains are the most nutrient dense food on the plant, I have watched videos where people have describes eating brains and liver as giving them a euphoric high.

Personally I can not deal with the texture, I wish I could I would live off the stuff.

I will try it again, they say eating around 250 grams of liver a week is enough for most people.

Last time I had liver I mixed in with my mince meat when making spicy beef mince. That way you really don't taste it, problem was I knew it was still there. Your mind is a powerful thing.

Horrible texture, and it’s a filter

Agree on the texture. But you got the filter bit wrong, Liver is probably the single most healthiest thing you could eat.

Old time body builders used to swear buy it as well, I even heard of old time body builders blending raw grass fed beef liver with whole mild to make a potent protein shake.

Last edited:
I mean good for you and nutritionally necessary. Do they provide you any benefit?

On what?

On whether or not you are getting enough necessary nutrients from your diet. If not, then you might need veggies to complement it, but the fact that people can do just fine without them suggests that they are not normally necessary. Hence the term which should precede any discussion on physical culture, "it depends...".

Why obviously, I personally think a lot of vegetables are responsible for a huge number of health issues, including lots of mental health issues.

I honestly do not understand why you would say obviously no. There is nothing obvious about it.

Because if veggies were the cause of all those issues, then everyone would have mental issues. There is far more to modern health issues than just eating veggies.

What actual nutrients that vegetable contain do you need??

Well.... as I said, "it depends". If you are living on processed crap (e.g. poor people in England, most of the American poor, etc) probably all of the essential amino acids, fats and most of the vitamins and minerals.

But if you are rich enough to afford meat (especially red meat) then you really don't need the veggies. See, it "depends" on the circumstance.

Do you realise that the human digestive system is unable to access most of the 'paper value' nutrients in fruits and vegetables?

Yes.

I can't change my genetics I can change my diet.

Do you realise that cancer cells in your body feed on carbohydrates and that most cancer cells can not survive in the absence of carbohydrates and sugars?

Yes. Absolutely.

For some reason you seem to take the stance that I'm saying that veggies are necessary for good health. They aren't...... if your diet is complete from an alternative meat source.

For example:

The Inuit. 80-99.9% red meat, white meat and fat.

The Sioux and Comanche nations.

The Masai.

South American Gouchos.

etc.

In fact, if a person was to switch from a western grain centric diet along with all the process shit that the average Joe eats (just look around you at the shopping carts next time you are at a check out) to an all meat diet, said average Joe would lose a shit load of fat, improve their overall health and feel a whole lot better.

texas-ribeye3.jpg

On whether or not you are getting enough necessary nutrients from your diet. If not, then you might need veggies to complement it, but the fact that people can do just fine without them suggests that they are not normally necessary. Hence the term which should precede any discussion on physical culture, "it depends...".

Because if veggies were the cause of all those issues, then everyone would have mental issues. There is far more to modern health issues than just eating veggies.

Well.... as I said, "it depends". If you are living on processed crap (e.g. poor people in England, most of the American poor, etc) probably all of the essential amino acids, fats and most of the vitamins and minerals.

But if you are rich enough to afford meat (especially red meat) then you really don't need the veggies. See, it "depends" on the circumstance.

Yes.

Yes. Absolutely.

For some reason you seem to take the stance that I'm saying that veggies are necessary for good health. They aren't...... if your diet is complete from an alternative meat source.

For example:

The Inuit. 80-99.9% red meat, white meat and fat.

The Sioux and Comanche nations.

The Masai.

South American Gouchos.

etc.

In fact, if a person was to switch from a western grain centric diet along with all the process shit that the average Joe eats (just look around you at the shopping carts next time you are at a check out) to an all meat diet, said average Joe would lose a shit load of fat, improve their overall health and feel a whole lot better.

texas-ribeye3.jpg

I agree with you, and yes I do look at people trolleys it's one of the things I do when I shop and I do 90% of the shopping in my household, my missus hates food shopping I quite enjoy it. Usually my daughter who is 15 and I do pretty much all our family shopping.

Funny thing I have noted is that the more highly processed foods in the trolley the fatter and out of shape the person pushing the trolley.

I have never liked the taste or texture of liver.

I wish I could eat liver, I really do, and I might try it again, as it is one of the most complete and nutrient dense foods a person can eat apart from brain and fish rogue both of which I can't eat either.

Whole free range eggs are also up there, but again I am not a huge fan of eggs (I did have one this morning as my daughter cooked breakfast and cooked me an egg)

May be I just don't like nutrient dense foods.....

Mick,
You don’t have to eat liver, just buy them at Maccas in the car park, or Hungry Jacks.

Just kidding [emoji3060]

Last edited:
I agree with you, and yes I do look at people trolleys it's one of the things I do when I shop and I do 90% of the shopping in my household, my missus hates food shopping I quite enjoy it. Usually my daughter who is 15 and I do pretty much all our family shopping.

Funny thing I have noted is that the more highly processed foods in the trolley the fatter and out of shape the person pushing the trolley.
Too true mate.

Our total food bill is mostly made up dead animal, fruits, veges, and dairy. With a few small snack items here and there.

Most trolleys i notice are built in the total opposite.

Most trolleys i notice are built in the total opposite.

Cos it’s quite expensive living off proteins and nutrients, processed carbohydrates on the other hand are quite cheap in comparison