• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It’s like we’re living in the 80’s with this question.

back then you did aerobics, ran and ate alfalfa

i think it’s been well well documented over the years that running burns more calories than almost any activities whilst doing it.

Why run?
if you like it do it.

im not really understanding the question

Do you actually stay drier running than walking though??

I remember seeing a myth busters about it, can't remember what the outcome was.

Yeah, I remember that one, I think running was the better choice, less time in the rain even if leaning forward and collecting more drops was still the better option.

It’s because you do. Per minute, running burns more calories.

Correct.

Conversely, walking 5km burns the exact same calories/kilocalories as running 5km.

So, if you want to burn calories and don't have any time constraints, walking will do the same job without the causing wear on the joints.

Then again, sitting in front of the TV watching a downton abbey marathon while dropping 500mg of DNP will get you some nice weight loss too, but then you prolly gonna die.

Correct.

Conversely, walking 5km burns the exact same calories/kilocalories as running 5km.

So, if you want to burn calories and don't have any time constraints, walking will do the same job without the causing wear on the joints.

Then again, sitting in front of the TV watching a downton abbey marathon while dropping 500mg of DNP will get you some nice weight loss too, but then you prolly gonna die.

Actually for equal distance running still burns more calories.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22446673/

Fat fucks always make excuses why they can’t run

Fat fucks can’t run cos they can’t run.
I personally hate it, I’ll jump in the pool, or on the pushy or on a chick before I’d even consider running as an activity to elevate heart rate.

Actually for equal distance running still burns more calories.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22446673/

Qik maff:

work is equivalent to the application of a force over a distance

W = F × D × cos(Θ)

Interpreteation: work = force x distance x cosine (the angle between the vector of force and the vector of displacement).

The study you mention used oxygen consumption as the sole indicator of energy expenditure.

Neither time spent on the exercise (given the exercise to be walking and running) nor oxygen consumption are relevant for calculating the amount of work done.

In practical terms, running is favoured over walking because:

A: it takes less time.
B: it "feels" more intense.
C: compared to a workout with a medley of weight exercises (with short or no rest breaks) which burns more calories than running, the act of running is easy. People like easy.

Qik maff:

W = F × D × cos(Θ)

Interpreteation: work = force x distance x cosine (the angle between the vector of force and the vector of displacement).

The study you mention used oxygen consumption as the sole indicator of energy expenditure.

Neither time spent on the exercise (given the exercise to be walking and running) nor oxygen consumption are relevant for calculating the amount of work done.

C: compared to a workout with a medley of weight exercises (with short or no rest breaks) which burns more calories than running, the act of running is easy. People like easy.

That's assuming the mechanics are the same, they aren't. Running is far more inefficient than walking.

Qik maff:

W = F × D × cos(Θ)

wood. Oni is on the money. Mechanics are different. As you go faster you have higher usage of the anaerobic system which is less efficient. Even wind resistance increases exponentially.

Plus i just posted research comparing the two.

What you are calculating is basic physics on a mass. Calorie consumption with exercise needs to take into account the biology of the human body and real life effects on a human body.

wood. Oni is on the money. Mechanics are different. As you go faster you have higher usage of the anaerobic system which is less efficient. Even wind resistance increases exponentially.

Plus i just posted research comparing the two.

What you are calculating is basic physics on a mass. Calorie consumption with exercise needs to take into account the biology of the human body and real life effects on a human body.

Yes, I agree that there are other factors, such as wind resistance, but those are minor factors that are inconsistent. e.g with outdoor running, records are influenced by head or back wind.

Also in the real world, take your average fat phuck sitting on the couch. They are more likely to expend energy if they get up to go for a walk as opposed to going for a run.

In addition there are other real world factors such as damage to ligaments, bone and joints from the increased pressure of running, particularly on a hard surface. The fact that most people look like they are about to die when running, as opposed to walking, the fact that many become obsessive with running, ending up wearing those super high cut floppy shorts which is not a good look and losing most of their lean mass.

So, yes. There are other "real life" factors.

On the plus size is when a hot chick wears lycra and runs in front of you with dat dere pony tail swaying in time with her..... well. You know.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree that there are other factors, such as wind resistance, but those are minor factors that are inconsistent. e.g with outdoor running, records are influenced by head or back wind.

Also in the real world, take your average fat phuck sitting on the couch. They are more likely to expend energy if they get up to go for a walk as opposed to going for a run.

In addition there are other real world factors such as damage to ligaments, bone and joints from the increased pressure of running, particularly on a hard surface. The fact that most people look like they are about to die when running, as opposed to walking, the fact that many become obsessive with running, ending up wearing those super high cut floppy shorts which is not a good look and losing most of their lean mass.

On the plus size is when a hot chick wears lycra and runs in front of you with dat dere pony tail swaying in time with her..... well. You know.

The other factors like running mechanics and which energy system the body is using are not minor factors. They add up to pretty significant increases in energy usage. So it’s certainly not equal energy usage like you were previously claiming and it’s also not close enough that its basically equal.

The rest of what you mentioned regarding what exercise fat fucks will actually do, how people look when they run, wear and tear on the body, what clothes runners wear ect are a different topic of discussion.

Bottom line here is running does burn significantly more calories than walking. It isn’t equal in that regard. I’m not saying running is better than walking. They are different and either, both or something else could be the better exercise depending on the circumstances.

Come on wood. Where did you go. You got the absolute basics of human mechanics of running wrong and tried to hide it. Couldn’t blame Trump for your error. What happed. Must still be trumps fault some how.

Is big Mick mock teaching you the ways of the world at his home school. All his anti vax and flat earth stuff.