• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
Been wondering if there is any need to supplement electrolytes.

If yes, why?

If No, Why Not?

Also where would you get electrolytes from?

I think 99% get enough through normal diet.
I don’t take supplementary electrolytes and never had an issue. Not that I’m aware of anyway.

More an issue for the more extreme athlete, or which none of are or have ever been.

Eat a good diet, youll get enough.

Long endurance type guys need alot more, marathon runners, cyclists, ironman athletes, crazy Ppwerlifter and bodybuilders full of gear training 125 hours per week also. Crossfitters too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I sweat like a pig after proper effort, not pansy weightlifting but actual work. I feel the difference between water and a decent electrolyte drink.

Aint no diet on earth that will fix a day in the hot sun.

More an issue for the more extreme athlete, or which none of are or have ever been.

Eat a good diet, youll get enough.

Long endurance type guys need alot more, marathon runners, cyclists, ironman athletes, crazy Ppwerlifter and bodybuilders full of gear training 125 hours per week also. Crossfitters too.

Powerliftings an extreme sport at any level ranging from the master or teen totalling 500 to the behemoth totalling 1000. Only a tiny % of the population do it.Why? because its fucking hard thats why.Let me further au contraire your ignorant ass,i was an endurance athlete,working in the forestry requires extreme endurance.Same with my bro who works in the shearing sheds,fukin townies like yourself dont know shet.

Last edited:
I sweat like a pig after proper effort, not pansy weightlifting but actual work. I feel the difference between water and a decent electrolyte drink.

Aint no diet on earth that will fix a day in the hot sun.

lol@pansy weightlifting,if a mofo knows a fighting art AND lifts weights as well then its pain city. Sure these fat kunts who do nothing but stuff their face sit on their arse and do 1 rep maxes with 25 mins rest come at you,you may be able to move and gas them out but im sure any kunt that deadlifts 250 plus will give any endurance type kunt a real hard time. For example my brother is a shearer and super fit,we are same height and framed but the odd fight we ve had over the years when we were young and dumb has had the same result,i blast him out.Why? Maximal strength and weight,im bulkier.Its really very hard to say whos tougher, the gym rat who crushes himself with tonnes of volume at a decent pace or the worker who has to slave,i really dont know.

Im leaning towards the lifter depending on size and strength but i get where you are coming from.Ive worked with guys in the bush and abbatoirs that worked hard but couldnt lift for shet but id still get punched over i reckon.Damn the more i ponder,the more of a conundrum.

Last edited:
Powerliftings an extreme sport at any level ranging from the master or teen totalling 500 to the behemoth totalling 1000. Only a tiny % of the population do it.Why? because its fucking hard thats why.Let me further au contraire your ignorant ass,i was an endurance athlete,working in the forestry requires extreme endurance.Same with my bro who works in the shearing sheds,fukin townies like yourself dont know shet.
You still continue to amaze me everyday.

To make money.

Like amino’s, eat enough of the correct food and stay hydrated and you’ll be right.

To make money.

Like amino’s, eat enough of the correct food and stay hydrated and you’ll be right.

What am I missing here?? How do people make money from electrolytes?? It's literally 2 or 3 cents worth of salts from the supermarket or health food shop.

What foods are high in electrolytes?

Excessive hydration and sweating is what causes low electrolyte levels in people.

Basic electrolyte drink 2 litres of water add:

Potassium Chloride Powder = 1 tsp
Himalayan Pink Salt (or normal salt) = 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda = 1 tsp
[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif]Magnesium Sulphate= 1/2 tsp[/FONT]

[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif]Total cost may be 5 cents. So who is making money on this?[/FONT]

Yeah, the makers of Powerade and Gatorade etc and most Supp companies have some sort of electrolyte / hydration concoction, are not interested in making money???

[emoji102]

Last edited:
In think that in extreme situations electrolytes can be low.

the Gators success was partly attributed to electrolyte replacement due to the extreme training conditions (heat and training time) back in the 70’s is was a common practice to not give players water during training as it was seen as weak.
but someone at the Gators noticed what effect it was having.

I remember tasting Gatorade when I was a kid it tasted like “sweat” modern Gatorade is very sweet, I wonder why?

It’s sweet because it has to be palatable.

Most people these days drink it for that reason. It tastes good.

Basic electrolyte drink 2 litres of water add:

Potassium Chloride Powder = 1 tsp
Himalayan Pink Salt (or normal salt) = 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda = 1 tsp
Magnesium Sulphate= 1/2 tsp

Total cost may be 5 cents. So who is making money on this?

Coles online lists gatorade at $3.50 per bottle. At your local gym it would be more than that. If you go to a commercial gym, have a look and post the price.

5c for the contents. Let's call it double that for argument's sake. No, 20c. OK?
Bottle: 25c, mebbe 50c.

So a markup from manufacturer to retail of $3, give or take. Multiply that by 100's of thousands. Not bad when you convince every douchebag that they need to drink sugar and colour with salt to be an "athlete".

Don't start me on Nike.