• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I wasn’t asking how much you are making, I don’t care, just interested in rental yields in NZ. From a quick google it does look like overall NZ rental yields are a bit better in NZ than Oz but not much better.

If I wanted to get back into property would buy into a REIT vs buying actual property. You can get your 4% return. Some capital growth. Zero interest fees. No landlord duties. Less stress overall. You have the benefit of diversification.

Aussies do have this love for property. Some have made money but plenty haven’t.

i made easy money and a lot of it for a peasant such as myself and am baffled by your negativity. I guess it comes down to being in the right place at the right time. I turn 45 soon,if i play smart,ill be retired in 10 yrs,and i come from nothing. Thats setting my kids up too. More time to train and achieve my goal of being a masters world champ.

Im likely to be able to live off rent money in the future. Both me and my mrs work so we are saving hard to keep acquiring. However judging from where u guys live and the type of work you do,im probably the poorest on this forum amongst the regulars i would think. I own 2 cars but drive around in a ford laser ffs,that gives you an indication im a very economical dude.
This is one of the small keys to wealth in my opinion. I also have two cars, both 9 years old.and still going perfectly well, and still both in great condition.
Such a pointless money pit new cars. Most of.my mates get new cars every 3-5 years and think what they are doing is a great decision every time. "Oh i like new, they are more reliable and cheaper to run, are not broken ever" etc.

Want to know how many times ive had to fix either of my cars?

Once. And it was a warranty job. Spent nothing major on either car ever, and i do most of the maintenance on them, another huge saving over the life of a car. I paid cash for both also initially, so no interest either. I've spent less on two great cars in the last 10.years than most silly ****s spend in 5 years on one.

Other things too that make no sense to me are:

- Running aircon 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Washing clothes every day.
- Running clothes dryers because cbfd hanging shit outside.
- buying the newest greatest phone on the newest greatest plan every year or two.
- wasting fucking food.

Thats thousands of wasted dollars. Thousands. 10's of thousands if you include new cars all the time. Money that can be used to build wealth rather easily tbh. Put that wasted money into your super, or into other investment strategies and watch it grow!

My father inlaw is a small time millionaire, never once had a year.in his life where he earnt more than 78k. He just didnt piss into the breeze with shit he didnt need. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3 out of my 4 closest neighbors have power pills north of 900 every quarter. One of them over 1000.

I pay about 300 lol. They run thier AC 24/7.
Why??

With windows and doors open in summer we only really need it on the 30+ days. And only maybe.

And winter...i just put a jumper on, or run the unit for 20 minutes to kill the chill, the house holds for hours and hours after...

Fucking crazy people. Lol

This is one of the small keys to wealth in my opinion. I also have two cars, both 9 years old.and still going perfectly well, and still both in great condition.
Such a pointless money pit new cars. Most of.my mates get new cars every 3-5 years and think what they are doing is a great decision every time. "Oh i like new, they are more reliable and cheaper to run, are not broken ever" etc.

Once. And it was a warranty job. Spent nothing major on either car ever, and i do most of the maintenance on them, another huge saving over the life of a car. I paid cash for both also initially, so no interest either. I've spent less on two great cars in the last 10.years than most silly ****s spend in 5 years on one.

- buying the newest greatest phone on the newest greatest plan every year or two.
- wasting fucking food.

Thats thousands of wasted dollars. Thousands. 10's of thousands if you include new cars all the time. Money that can be used to build wealth rather easily tbh. Put that wasted money into your super, or into other investment strategies and watch it grow!

My father inlaw is a small time millionaire, never once had a year.in his life where he earnt more than 78k. He just didnt piss into the breeze with shit he didnt need. Lol

Totally agree.

i had my usual 5 hrs sleep and thought about what baz said about people losing money in property and thats what happened in Gladstone where we lived for a while,once the natural gas and mining money disappeared,property values plummetted and people lost shitloads.

- wasting fucking food.

Im the same. I’ve never brought a new car. Our car is over 10 years old and I plan to keep it for another 10.

I laugh at the people that say they are better off buying a new car because their old one requires a repair. Yeah it’s really a lot better to go into debt for a 60k+ new car than spend 2k to fix your old car plus get raped on the trade in value. Hey, if cars are your thing go for it but most of those people aren’t even car people, they just spend the money to impress their Facebook “friends” they never talk to in real life.

Ive got our power bills under 250 for the quarter and been getting rid of shit we don’t need. Simplify life, save cash and spend some on shit that is actually important to you.

i made easy money and a lot of it for a peasant such as myself and am baffled by your negativity. I guess it comes down to being in the right place at the right time. I turn 45 soon,if i play smart,ill be retired in 10 yrs,and i come from nothing. Thats setting my kids up too. More time to train and achieve my goal of being a masters world champ.

Not negativity just reality. I’m just going on the numbers.

Im the same. I’ve never brought a new car. Our car is over 10 years old and I plan to keep it for another 10.

I laugh at the people that say they are better off buying a new car because their old one requires a repair. Yeah it’s really a lot better to go into debt for a 60k+ new car than spend 2k to fix your old car plus get raped on the trade in value. Hey, if cars are your thing go for it but most of those people aren’t even car people, they just spend the money to impress their Facebook “friends” they never talk to in real life.

Ive got our power bills under 250 for the quarter and been getting rid of shit we don’t need. Simplify life, save cash and spend some on shit that is actually important to you.

i come from poor people and was taught the value of saving money,of course you dont want to be a major scrooge and have to have some enjoyment in life but i find people who try and keep up with the joneses especially on facebook rather ridiculous.

if I was a builder it would be different. I probably would be looking at buying houses, fixing them up and flogging them off.

I’ve always wanted to do a flip.
my only concern has always been the fact that in Au the proportion of land value to dwelling value is extremely high, say compared to the US, where the dwelling value represents a higher proportion than here.
So investing in the smaller and depreciating component gives me some concern re the business model.
But I don’t rule it out.

i had my usual 5 hrs sleep and thought about what baz said about people losing money in property and thats what happened in Gladstone where we lived for a while,once the natural gas and mining money disappeared,property values plummetted and people lost shitloads.

Infrastructure!
areas with good water supply, transport, Heath and education are are lot more insulated from price drops.

Cars are horses for courses.
my view is kunce buy new cars cos the want them, some don’t see the value, some are obsessed with them.
I buy them cos I like them, they are money lost, but fuk it, life is short.

Cars are horses for courses.
my view is kunce buy new cars cos the want them, some don’t see the value, some are obsessed with them.
I buy them cos I like them, they are money lost, but fuk it, life is short.

Exactly. Buy it if that’s what you enjoy. Not every purchase has to make financial sense. Nothing wrong with spending money on something you enjoy.

If Labor ran on ending mass immigration and had more sensible climate policies centred around nuclear energy and ethanol based fuels they'd win by a landslide

If Labor ran on ending mass immigration and had more sensible climate policies centred around nuclear energy and ethanol based fuels they'd win by a landslide

But then they wouldn’t get the Green preferences.

Would nuclear be popular?

If they had actual scientists on TV to explain how modern reactors are safe and use the spent fuel we store for other countries instead of fresh uranium then sure. It's really the only viable way to generate the massive amounts of electricity needed for the future.

Australia currently generates 21gWh of electricity. An electric car as a 40mWh battery, a million of them is 40gWh of storage. 40gWh in solar would spread over half the area of Victoria. Then you need batteries as most people are not going to be charging the cars when the sun is shining

I fuken hate electric cars.
Barely remember to charge my phone imagine also having to remember to charge your car.
Who CBF?

If they had actual scientists on TV to explain how modern reactors are safe and use the spent fuel we store for other countries instead of fresh uranium then sure. It's really the only viable way to generate the massive amounts of electricity needed for the future.

Australia currently generates 21gWh of electricity. An electric car as a 40mWh battery, a million of them is 40gWh of storage. 40gWh in solar would spread over half the area of Victoria. Then you need batteries as most people are not going to be charging the cars when the sun is shining

Just like we have scientists now explaining vaccinations and climate change but every person who failed year 7 science thinks they know better.

I agree with your opinion on nuclear. I just don’t believe it’s able to be sold to the public.