• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Downsvalve

Protein is the most important macronutrient in building muscle. Carbs are important for providing glycogen, which gives you the energy to train. [FONT=q_serif]People who lift weights generally have higher protein requirements. The RDA recommends 0.36 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Building muscle requires a lifter to be in a caloric surplus. In addition to adequate amounts of protein, carbs are essential for getting enough nutrients and calories.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
No 1. Work hard in the gym.

No 3 Avoid carbs at all cost if you like being weak, lethargic and unhealthy.

No 3. Unless you are roided to the gills, when you eat any normal diet you will get more than enough protein.

Carb loaded crap for breakfast with about 12gm of protein in it including milk?

Coupla sangas with about 25g at lunch at best?

Meat and veg at dinner with about 20-50gm protein depending on the eating attitudes?

No where near enough even after say 2 snacks with about 6gm of protein each.

Fuck all. Unless you weigh 40kg, then its about right. [emoji14]

30-50gm per meal to satisfy protein synthesis effectively. 12gm wont do a fucken thing beyond essential processes, of which building extra new muscle isnt one of them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No need for carbs, your body creates all the glycogen it needs from protein, no such thing as essential carbs or minimum amount of carbs.

Anyone that thinks carbs are required for energy either has rocks in their head or has a fucked up metabolism needing constant insulin spiking to make themselves feel good.

But carbs taste good
really how much chicken can you chew before you say fukit I’ve had enough
where as with lasagna you can keep shoving that in till you explode

But carbs taste good
really how much chicken can you chew before you say fukit I’ve had enough
where as with lasagna you can keep shoving that in till you explode
Chicken is rubbish for high volume though.
Beef is easy AF.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk