• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah I was thinking more sessions at lighter weight obviously won't build mass but will start conditioning the muscles for this type of movement while avoiding injury. Plus machines protect your lift to an extent as they are only needed to be controlled in one plane. That's just my thoughts, I tried doing some reading but everyone and everything say something different.

Yeah I was thinking more sessions at lighter weight obviously won't build mass but will start conditioning the muscles for this type of movement while avoiding injury. Plus machines protect your lift to an extent as they are only needed to be controlled in one plane. That's just my thoughts, I tried doing some reading but everyone and everything say something different.

More sessions at any weight won’t build strength if it’s not progressing start light slowly add weight you’ll build strength
, every reply in this thread is right, you’ve got to find what’s right for you, looks like your on the right track.

Muscles have no idea where the resistance is coming from, whether it’s a machine, dumbbell or barbell it can either build strength or cause injury some can’t press a barbell over head but the right machine or dumbbell can make the difference work it out, experiment and have patience

If i can just add a bit to this... [emoji14]

Light weight can build musle, sure. But...its not as good as heavier weight at building muscle.

Now, its not quite as black and white as that of course...20 reps vs 1 rep for example.

Volume matters. But also effort/intensity matters also. As well as intra session fatigue.

3x20 reps using say your 22 rep max weight oesnt really do much more than 3x10-12 using your 13-14 rep max.

Why? Fatigue. You dont really start working on that 20 rep set until like rep 15. Lets be honest. Why bother doing all those reps when you get that useful volume and fatigue at rep 5 or 6?

But, i guess there is a risk vs reward variable to account for also...using a super light weight is much safer for an older trainee. But thats more pf a factor when you compare say 5rm and 12rm. Rather than 12 and 22.

Fuark...im half pissed with a mate watching NBA...

But there is a point on that mumbo jumbo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

do as u please bro,enjoy yourself.

People tend to want to be held by the hand and walked through things not taking charge.
weight lifting is the opposite of this.
it’s not a sport.
its not meant to be fun.

People tend to want to be held by the hand and walked through things not taking charge.
weight lifting is the opposite of this.
it’s not a sport.
its not meant to be fun.

For once I think I agree with you.
BBing, lifting, gym ratting or whatever you wanna call it...............is a kunce.
Takes the piss, always sore, natural motivation levels drop as time passes, take 6 months off and you look like you haven’t seen the inside a gym in your life before.
its a kunce of a thing, but I couldn’t imagine walking around daily rolling a stock rig, fuk that, I’m way too pretentious for that.

whatever u freaking goose,fun is the prime motivation.

If fun is your motivation to workout good for you, it’s not my motivation.

my motivator is the feeling I receive after and the byproducts of weight training.

i actually feel dread, and a little nervous, during the workout I actually don’t know how I feel, it’s a feeling like no other.
this is what I love, all this stuff allows me to have fun you troglodyte

Some people just watch and say why do you do that to yourself?
At 57 on the weekend I did a workout emptied 2 mtrs of mulch mowed a large lawn raked and trimmed the edges, washed two cars and polished one then went out on New Year’s Eve I think that’s a good effort and I attribute all that to my work ethic in the gym.

if you work super hard in the gym every thing else seems easy.

Yeah, and a good rig helped me smash heaps of pussy and that’s even more fun.
The training itself is not even close to fun, it’s a kunce.

You are on the righr track starting easy. Give yourself that month to just get some fitness back (will happen quickly), and get your movement patterns etc in order with the weights. Machines are a good safe way to get back into it IMO. Of course when you get back to free weights, take those slow and steady also.

As for rep range etc, it doesnt really matter at this point. Id just look to do more on a per week basis. This can be as simple as just adding a bit of weight to each movement, each week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
A balanced and sensible advice Tim, thanks mate.