• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I stopped running 2 years ago after an injury but for 5 years before that I ran an everage of 40km a week and never once used music.

Men don’t run !
They walk.
If I walk on my own I listen to music
If I walk with a mate, I don’t
If I walk with the missus I’m obligated to listen to her

No music when running, but I never really run, when walking no music either, I like interacting with my environment, listing to sounds of nature and being aware of my surroundings whilst outdoors. I also always walk with my dogs.

In my training with weights in the gym I will sometimes listen to music, sometimes to podcasts and lectures, usually on nutrition and training or sometimes I just like the quietness of no distractions.

I must say Mick, I did a shitload more walking back when my dog was still alive.
Twice a day no matter the weather.

Agreed, I have two and they definitely make me get outside, it also makes walking more enjoyable as you are actually spending quality time with your dogs, to be 100% honest I doubt I would walk at all if I did not have the dogs.

fullsizeoutput_5d.jpg

Last edited:
I think it all depends on the mood - sometimes you just want to run in silence. And sometimes I really need the music.

Music is good as it improves your breathing pace. The use of music has a positive effect on your exercise, but it also depends on your mood and choice.