• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Because 5/3/1 is, according to the average gym bro:

Too easy at the start.
Too hard in the middle.
Eats your ego and shits it out at the end.
Doesn't have enough "volume".
Is too simple, needs more variety.
Doesn't give you a pump.
Isn't used by Insta bros.
It works if it's done according to the program.
Treats accessories as accessories (not that important) when the accessories are what all the experienced Insta trainers are pushing.

The pinnacle for Insta bros:

from-being-skinny-to-competitive-natural-bodybuilding-vivek-proves-that-a-lot-can-be-done-without-steroids-740x500-6-1515480181.jpg

What a strength athlete looks like:

Konstantin+Konstantinovs.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah nothing wrong with 531 at all.

People Just want more. I dunno why. I enjoyed 531 back in the day haha.

Is a simple wave loaded linear progression. With no bells and whistles.

Want or need more volume? Do each session twice, OR add more volume with supplemental exercises. At which point it can made more interesting too.

But lets put any logical thought into this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't like 5/3/1 because they idea of maxing out all 4 lifts in the same week doesn't make sense to me. However I've borrowed the ideas behind the 5/3/1 for my linear progression program I've written which at the moment is providing decent results.

Should the linear progression program stop working I'll definitely consider 5/3/1 as a possibility because it has en outstanding track record in delivering results.

I don't like 5/3/1 because they idea of maxing out all 4 lifts in the same week doesn't make sense to me. However I've borrowed the ideas behind the 5/3/1 for my linear progression program I've written which at the moment is providing decent results.

Should the linear progression program stop working I'll definitely consider 5/3/1 as a possibility because it has en outstanding track record in delivering results.

You maxing out with sub maximal weights for reps so it's really not that hard on the body.