• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What do you believe created the universe?

1 "His Holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster is Eternal, without beginning and without end, and with a whole tangled mess in the middle. 2 He willed All That There Is into existence when He saw fit to do so and in the order He chose.

Hail to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, we should all bow down to Spaghetti........or eat a bowl of pasta, either way;)

Thanks mate, you're looking well, and strong I see.

Cheers mate, did a 130kg squat for a double yesterday which I didn’t even realise was a PR

Weight up to about 96kg as well (mostly fat haha) but I’ve decided the idea a clean or lean bulk is not something that works for me, need to pack on the pounds to get my strength up.

Cheers mate, did a 130kg squat for a double yesterday which I didn’t even realise was a PR

Weight up to about 96kg as well (mostly fat haha) but I’ve decided the idea a clean or lean bulk is not something that works for me, need to pack on the pounds to get my strength up.
Well done on your PR mate, it’s always a good feeling when you nail a new PR.

As far as packing on the pounds to get your strength up, is more of a bodybuilder’s mentality than it is reality ... I say that whilst wearing my Olympic weightlifting cap on, where all weightlifters weigh themselves twice daily to ensure their body weight is not going up. So rather than think extra body weight equals a stronger you, begin to think of ways to get as strong as possible, whilst minimising on any increase in your weight. To do that (if that’s what you’re really after), you’d need to go down to below 4 reps, making 3 rep sets your main focus, in addition to using your 1RM to design a periodised program around it. That’s easily done, let me know if you need a hand mate.

Dear [you]

The advent of this thread has brought about an immense amount of soul searching on my behalf and I have reached a turning point in my life.

It’s so painfully obvious to me now that my lack of faith is the root of my problems. But I have been saved and want to spread the word; I hope that you can share in the blissful savior I have found. I love all of you so much, I want you to benefit from my new faith.

So, please take a moment to share in my redemption and go to the website below and rejoice in the truth.

www.venganza.org

Peace and noodles,

showdownhero

Happy to be of help.

Actually, you don't have a "lack of faith". That's the point.

To some, belief and evidence are one and the same.

BR6Cpxp.png

Belief in the scientific method is the exact opposite of faith

No, belief is belief, no matter what the religion. THATS the point.

I'm not having a go at you here. Just pointing out that your belief is no more "true" than anyone else's.

If you step back and look at your belief in the "scientific method" (probably the term "evolutionary belief" is more accurate, as "scientific method" is a process of how experiments are done to investigate a hypothesis or reconfirm a theory), your belief is based on what you have been told, what you have read, what you have seen in the media and the general consensus of those presented as experts in their field, not to mention what's popular in your culture or social circle.

This is exactly the same as a Catholic, Muslim or Hindu.

If you were born 100 years ago, your belief would most probably be very different based on those exact same influences.

Peer pressure to believe something is real. For example, the new "gay is good" is not new. It has come and gone over the history of humans. Now it's in, before it wasn't, prior to that it was, before that it wasn't, etc. Tomorrow it will change again. It's just another fashion like beards, skirt length, hair styles and tattoos.

Today, religion does not have the influence it once had. It has been replaced by social media and TV.

Another factor that is important to consider is, what about those who believe differently from me? Take a creationist. Or a Hindu. Or even a Koori. You can look at their beliefs and drive a truck through their beliefs. I mean, not even the bible says that the creative days are literal (e.g. The entire creative period is described as "one day" after describing the six individual days, so obviously it's a term that describes an unknown period, such as "in your grandfather's day" or "The Day of the Triffids" or "The Day of the Dead".)

As a friend of mine once said (summary, not actual quote), if evolution isn't true, then what else is there to believe in, Creationism?

I guess the point is that a person's belief is usually based on your family background and/or your peers. It's rare to find someone who has actually dug deep and changed their mind.

Burning witches, the Sun revolving around the Earth, the Earth is flat all used to be popular beliefs.
people have believed and still do believe in many things but a belief in a thing doesn't make it real.
Argumentum ad populum iis a fallacious argument.

Last edited:
Burning witches, the Sun revolving around the Earth, the Earth is flat all used to be popular beliefs.
people have believed and still do believe in many things but a belief in a thing doesn't make it real.
Argumentum ad populum iis a fallacious argument.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”
—H.L. Mencken