• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni

Registered Rustler
I know its not respected when guys only train certain parts. But really, these are the parts that need to catch up so I was wondering your guys' thoughts on this

All that seems to grow is my back and delts. Maybe if I wasn't training them the rest of my body would improve :confused:

That’s sounds like a good idea.

I don’t train chest anymore apart from dips (tricep focused) No benching of any kind.

I need my shoulders to catch up.

It might very well work.

I hardly train chest anymore, apart from a few push ups here and there. My workouts now are based around deads, followed by squats then push ups and chin ups. Thats it for my protocol lately.

By putting more emphasis on lagging muscle groups you should be able to push them further beyond than before.

I will train them very hard, and simply not train the other parts of my body then.
Perhaps I can post some before and after photos here, try it for a month and see what happens.

I will train by warming up with sets of 15 until I hit a 15RM... Then keep doing that weight for set after set until I cannot get 8 reps. I will also super set dips with curls. I will train the squats and dips curls on different days... And I will train them again when the muscle group does not have DOMS and not before or long after... so perhaps once every 3 days

Shrek I'm starting to think that for a natural, perhaps the whole body can't grow all at once. Especially when they reach a certain training age

I would be interesting to see what would happen if you did say, snatch grip behind the neck presses super set with rear delt flies. A weight you can do for 15 reps until you can no longer get 8 reps and training again when the DOMS are no longer there. This is serious volume, we're looking at a two hour workout here. 10-20 sets after warm ups

No other lifting. I'm willing to be that after a month of eating and doing this you wouldn't have "lagging shoulders"

Shrek I'm starting to think that for a natural, perhaps the whole body can't grow all at once. Especially when they reach a certain training age

I would be interesting to see what would happen if you did say, snatch grip behind the neck presses super set with rear delt flies. A weight you can do for 15 reps until you can no longer get 8 reps and training again when the DOMS are no longer there. This is serious volume, we're looking at a two hour workout here. 10-20 sets after warm ups

No other lifting. I'm willing to be that after a month of eating and doing this you wouldn't have "lagging shoulders"

It’s an interest concept, one I’m going to look closer at after my upcoming holiday.
Bring those fukkers up once and for all.

Wouldn't you want to at least add in some Face pulls or something for Shoulder health?

Yes squats are very light indeed.

I do deads till my back says i'm done, then i move to squats to finish my legs off. So yeah not much needed on squats, its the icing on the cake basically.

I must be doing something right as my lower back is better now than it used to be, it really is quite shocking to say the least. I still can't get over it, i'm usually stiff and tight the next day after deads. Now i'm loose like i never even trained the day before. I'm very amazed/astonished!

Last edited:

I do deads till my back says i'm done, then i move to squats to finish my legs off. So yeah not much needed on squats, its the icing on the cake basically.

I must be doing something right as my lower back is better now than it used to be, it really is quite shocking to say the least. I still can't get over it, i'm usually stiff and tight the next day after deads. Now i'm loose like i never even trained the day before. I'm very amazed/astonished!

If you can squat 3 plates a side for 20 reps nice and deep, you'll have decent legs.
Watch John Meadows train, he is using around 120kg most of the time and he is an IFBB pro

I squatted 260kg and my legs were pins :rolleyes:

what sort of strength levels do you have?

If you can squat 3 plates a side for 20 reps nice and deep, you'll have decent legs.
Watch John Meadows train, he is using around 120kg most of the time and he is an IFBB pro

I squatted 260kg and my legs were pins :rolleyes:

140kg for 20 is high end, i can definitely say that i can't do that:(

I get descent legs once i get around 100kg for 10-15 reps. 2, 3 or 4 sets to failure with that weight and my legs blow up.

260kg for 1 rep or more?

what sort of strength levels do you have?

For the main 3 exercises? I couldn't give you exact figures i doubt.

For my size i should be much stronger(i think). Depends on the exercise as well because some exercises i can't push much weight but on others my strength is great.

Maybe
All around obviously it will have a lot of gaps
But it depends on where you are developmentally, right?
I think a more moderate approach would be ideal
Focus more on the gaps, just maintain the other areas