• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yeah but what is it?

You use a tourniquet to pinch of the veins in your arms or legs then lift in them, then release the blood back again. It's not so tight that it cuts of the artery, that would be retarded

Personally, I don't see how it would benefit over traditional metabolite training

This whole concept of doing 30-50% of 1RM with the bands on at 7 out of 10 in tightness to somehow increase metabolic stress and whatever else it does. Just thought about giving it a crack as it seems to be something you do as the last set of your arms workout and just go really light tie up arms, and then just pump out 20-30 reps 30 secs rest, 15-20 reps 30 sec rest,15-20 reps 30 sec rest 15 reps and done. Just wanted to see any actual real-world results.

Everything I read seems to be pointing towards, its no better than doing trad training but its just better as you can go a much lower intensity to help joints and things like that.

Last edited:
Layne Norton experimented with it. Have a look at his thoughts now.

Ronnie Coleman won 8 Mr Olympias using it. And Arnold as well. And Dorian Yates. And.....

Oh, wait they didn't.

But this works:

elevation-training-mask.jpg

Um. OK. No. It doesn't work.

As you may guess, BFR doesn't work either.

What does work is the basic foundations of intense training, recovery, sleep, quality food and showing some consistent determination.

Ronnie Coleman won 8 Mr Olympias using it. And Arnold as well. And Dorian Yates. And.....

Oh, wait they didn't.

But this works:

elevation-training-mask.jpg

Um. OK. No. It doesn't work.

As you may guess, BFR doesn't work either.

What does work is the basic foundations of intense training, recovery, sleep, quality food and showing some consistent determination.

lol, even though you are slaying me you bastard lol. I guess I thought I could try it and then get arms like Ronnie by mid-late next week.

lol, even though you are slaying me you bastard lol. I guess I thought I could try it and then get arms like Ronnie by mid-late next week.

Post pics.

But seriously, don't get side tracked by fad training programs, or fad supplements either. No normal person will ever look like the top 10 guys in the olympia because you don't have US$20k per month to pay for all the drugs, rehab, training, food, coaching and medical stuff they have to go through. Nothing will get you there except 1 in a million genetics, lots of money and a laser focused mind set that destroys any sort of normal social life. Not BFR or anything like that.

Just get to the gym consistently and push yourself. Then go eat and rest and get 8-10 hours sleep. It's a long road but worth it.

Think 5 years down the track, where you want to be.

Then sort out what goals you need to hit in the first year to reach your 5 year goal.

Then divide that 1 year goal into 12, that's your monthly goal. Then divide that into weeks then training days. Then go do your first day. Follow that with your second day.

That's how you do it.

Not BFR, not "altitude masks", not following T-nation or bodybuilding.com with their latest "how to get big and ripped in 4 weeks" program (usually involving lots of their supplements). Just hard work, a plan and the dedication and determination to follow it.

Will a gimmick give you that 1% advantage? Maybe. But doing everything right in training, diet, recovery and consistency will give you 100%.

Last edited: