• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WoodyAllen

These guys are slowly building up a nice range of interviews.

Just listened to episode 19 with Nathan Baxter. Some interesting advice on training for bench press and also what happened to him leading up to a series of massive strokes that left him near death.

https://weaklyweights.podbean.com

I remember when my only source of Lifting knowledge came from Muscle Builder/Flex, Muscle n Fitness mags and my Weider Principles Pack. :D
You youngsters have it so good nowadays :p

I remember when my only source of Lifting knowledge came from Muscle Builder/Flex, Muscle n Fitness mags and my Weider Principles Pack. :D
You youngsters have it so good nowadays :p

Meh. I'm one up on you there. My entire magazine influence came from (drum roll please...............)

Men's Health.

*I feel dirty and ashamed. Forgive me.*

Only magazine i ever bought was The Power Magazine from Mark Bell...picked up one Mens Health mag once......and put it back down after reading the contents page.

Ive got two Powerlifting USA mags from back in the day that one of my dads mates gave me a few years ago now. (If they were not tossed in the move by The Wife...). Wouldnt mind getting a hold of a few more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ive listened to the first 20 mins and will do the rest tommorrow seeing as the weathers caved in here.Ive seen Baxter around a couple of times,hes a massive man,stands out from the crowd. Hes not the biggest powerlifter ive seen but would be 2nd probably. That honour goes to Elnez Tofa i think his name is,he was 200 kgs + at a guess. Its funny i ran into a former Fijian international prop on the street today by the name of Bill Cavubati who back in the day was regarded as the biggest prop running around NZ,and yeah hes a big unit but some of the super heavies ive seen in powerlifting are much bigger.Baxter is much bigger.

There wouldnt be a prop alive or dead as big as the biggest group of super heavies lol

There wouldnt be a prop alive or dead as big as the biggest group of super heavies lol

i had this argument with a rugby head regarding props vs super heavy powerlifters,he was adament Owen Franks the AB prop was the strongest man in the world.Im like ummm?He would have a real hard time with Ray Williams in a scrum i reckon,dudes 180 kgs and can squat 485 raw,you aint moving that guy. Shit if ray gets a good hit on you,he would drive your whole front row backwards. Perhaps even aerially.lol. It would be a case of having to run ray around and tire him out.

powerlifters are not necessarily that athletic. get over it, it is true.

if ray Williams was any good, he would probably be playing nfl.

powerlifters are not necessarily that athletic. get over it, it is true.

if ray Williams was any good, he would probably be playing nfl.

fark off,here we go with your snakey bullshet again. 57 sec 400 m in your face! Even the supers could probably crank out a mean 40 time.

fark off,here we go with your snakey bullshet again. 57 sec 400 m in your face! Even the supers could probably crank out a mean 40 time.

who is talkin about me. btw, I ran 50.4 seconds, get it right.

get over it, most powerlifters I have seen are not that good at sport.

poor Gerry, he likes to think powerlifters are like superheroes.

Is there something special about the 400? [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]
You hear NRL Clubs use it a lot.

EDIT: forget it. I'm guessing it's just the best test of cardio without stripping off too much strength and size.

Last edited:
who is talkin about me. btw, I ran 50.4 seconds, get it right.

get over it, most powerlifters I have seen are not that good at sport.

poor Gerry, he likes to think powerlifters are like superheroes.

Most powerlifters not good at sport? Powerlifting is a sport.

While you're at it, ALL triathletes and marathon runners and most AFL players would suck donkey balls at powerlifting. Or weightlifting. Or strongman.

Since when is being able to run make anyone "special". If I'm out in the boondocks and a bear comes up to me, I'm not going to run. Especially if I have an arm full of beetroot.

nothig special aabout 400m, albeit an indicator of speed endurance and ability to push through pain.

for footballers, which i rank amongst the great of athletes, you need a lot of sporting qualities to excel. speed and strength just two components.

i was a b grade standard of runner, and reasonably strong, but light years away from being a good footballer of any type.

but I admire a whole lot of athletes, including powerlifters.

i had this argument with a rugby head regarding props vs super heavy powerlifters,he was adament Owen Franks the AB prop was the strongest man in the world.Im like ummm?He would have a real hard time with Ray Williams in a scrum i reckon,dudes 180 kgs and can squat 485 raw,you aint moving that guy. Shit if ray gets a good hit on you,he would drive your whole front row backwards. Perhaps even aerially.lol. It would be a case of having to run ray around and tire him out.

If this was the case the NFL would just get powerlifters to be O Lineman. Doesn’t work that way. Powerlifters won’t do shit on a rugby field. Just like rugby guys aren’t setting squat world records.

If this was the case the NFL would just get powerlifters to be O Lineman. Doesn’t work that way. Powerlifters won’t do shit on a rugby field. Just like rugby guys aren’t setting squat world records.

Odell Manuel played for the Warriors mate. Australias best untested powerlifter. So much for the "unathletic powerlifter" theory.