• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I train everyday usually, although sometimes i take a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Nuckols spoke of this again recently. When volume was equated, higher frequency was slightly better.

But not like a million times better.

Just build your system...then stick to it for a really long time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have started doing 6 days a week full body routine. On the same basis that training the muscle every day with lower intensity will result in more volume over the week. This is my 5th week into the routine and am enjoying it a lot. I was watching the Joe Rogan podcast and he has GSP trainer who was speaking about this concept and thought it was interesting to try it.

I change the rep ranges each day just to change it all up, so if I did higher reps on Squats on Mon then I will do lower reps on Tue and then medium reps on Wed and so forth. Also, I change the exercises each day as well. So may do flat bench on Mon, then incline Tue, flat dumbbell on Wed and so forth.

Mon - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Tue - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Wed - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Thur - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Fri - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Sat - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms

I have started doing 6 days a week full body routine. On the same basis that training the muscle every day with lower intensity will result in more volume over the week. This is my 5th week into the routine and am enjoying it a lot. I was watching the Joe Rogan podcast and he has GSP trainer who was speaking about this concept and thought it was interesting to try it.

I change the rep ranges each day just to change it all up, so if I did higher reps on Squats on Mon then I will do lower reps on Tue and then medium reps on Wed and so forth. Also, I change the exercises each day as well. So may do flat bench on Mon, then incline Tue, flat dumbbell on Wed and so forth.

Mon - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Tue - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Wed - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Thur - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Fri - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms
Sat - Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and Arms

Sounds great mate and sounds like its working for you too!

Changing exercises is a great idea as well. You can throw in callesthenics to really rev things up and take you too another level;)

Sounds great mate and sounds like its working for you too!

Changing exercises is a great idea as well. You can throw in callesthenics to really rev things up and take you too another level;)

The first week is just punishing, because you are supposed to go at 70-80% intensity, if you are going for 10 reps, you should be able to about 13 to failure. So its frustrating basically feeling like you are just getting a pump and not pushing at all. But after a week you get over it and then are able to do heavier weight for the same reps. My favourite part is actually the fact that you don't go all out and its more about lower intensity, so its like taking a break from intense training while still training lol.

Definitely not something I would do for more than 6-8 weeks, my left bicep and tricep are both starting to be very tight and no amount of rolling and stretching it helping with the tightness and the pain trying to train arms lol.

Please wish your joints good luck.

You hit the nail on the head with this comment brother =D. No longer than 6 weeks from my one time trying to style of training.

"My left bicep and tricep are both starting to be very tight and no amount of rolling and stretching it helping with the tightness and the pain trying to train arms lol."

The first week is just punishing, because you are supposed to go at 70-80% intensity, if you are going for 10 reps, you should be able to about 13 to failure. So its frustrating basically feeling like you are just getting a pump and not pushing at all. But after a week you get over it and then are able to do heavier weight for the same reps. My favourite part is actually the fact that you don't go all out and its more about lower intensity, so its like taking a break from intense training while still training lol.

Definitely not something I would do for more than 6-8 weeks, my left bicep and tricep are both starting to be very tight and no amount of rolling and stretching it helping with the tightness and the pain trying to train arms lol.

Definitely sounds like your enjoying it, keep it up!

I get injuries almost one after the other, more so once i got older and it sucks. Old age is depressing too say the least.

Do you do deadlifts? These are great and although i stopped lifting a couple of weeks ago i was doing FBWs before this about 3-4 days per week and it felt great. One workout i'd do squats for the leg part of the workout then 2 days later i'd switch to deads then 2 days later back to squats. Over time i realised how much better pump i got from deads compared to squats, so i dropped squats altogether and did deads eod as part of my FBW routine. For me it appears i feel so much better doing deads than doing squats, the all over body pump from deads is phenomenal and blows squats out of the water.

Definitely sounds like your enjoying it, keep it up!

I get injuries almost one after the other, more so once i got older and it sucks. Old age is depressing too say the least.

Do you do deadlifts? These are great and although i stopped lifting a couple of weeks ago i was doing FBWs before this about 3-4 days per week and it felt great. One workout i'd do squats for the leg part of the workout then 2 days later i'd switch to deads then 2 days later back to squats. Over time i realised how much better pump i got from deads compared to squats, so i dropped squats altogether and did deads eod as part of my FBW routine. For me it appears i feel so much better doing deads than doing squats, the all over body pump from deads is phenomenal and blows squats out of the water.

I do deadlifts at least twice per week I find it hard to do pullups or pulldowns with heavy and low reps my body prefers higher reps for lats, I also do squats at least twice a week but I do on the heavier lower rep days and also on the lighter higher rep days.

I do deadlifts at least twice per week I find it hard to do pullups or pulldowns with heavy and low reps my body prefers higher reps for lats, I also do squats at least twice a week but I do on the heavier lower rep days and also on the lighter higher rep days.

Good stuff mate!

those mr olympia's who were training each muscle one or twice per week could be huuuge.

There is more than one conclusion of you read it correctly. It doesn't demonstrate that a higher frequency is better... it demonstrates that a high training density is better

In conclusion, training a muscle 5x per week led to substantially greater muscle growth than training a muscle once or twice per week. Training a muscle at least twice per week is probably also beneficial for strength development.

Without reading the study...was volume equated accross the groups?