• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Also, i was found to have a VitD deficiency.

Only 5ui brought it up lol. 2ui seems to be keeping it there.

Kids: dont spend your career in an office.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You serious?? You can only have constipation OR diarrhea, it seems whatever ailment a person has at the time is blamed on eating meat.

Bloating is mainly cause by eating carbs, I have never been bloated eating meat.

This is only the case if carbs are consumed with the protein, in the absence of carbs these 'issues' disappear.

I would agree, from personal experience, with all of that. Eating a high meat and fat diet has only improved my health, including gut health. Using cheap protein powder (hello No Bull supplements or ANY "weight gainer" powder) and/or having a normal to high carb diet will result in gas. That includes some healthy veggies. Eating shitty processed carbs will guarantee a fart fest.

What is needed here is a clarification. This is a carnivore diet. It's not presented as a high fat diet or high protein diet, just an all meat diet with emphasis on red meat. In effect it does turn out to be both of those, but that's not the point or the intention.

A carnivore diet is accessing all of your nutritional needs by just eating red meat or a mix of different meats. In doing so, you can fix many health issues found in the general population, including gym rats, without suffering from deficiencies which occur in many extreme diets.

That sounds counter-intuitive, but that's the mind bending point.

This short vid talks more about micro-nutrients and carbs, how they can clash for uptake or how carbs can increase the need for certain vitamins (such as vit C).

Remember, this is not new. Entire cultures (e.g. the inuit are mentioned in the vid below) have thrived on an all meat diet for thousands of years, including extreme environments from frozen (arctic) to baking hot (central africa).

I'm not saying you should go on this diet or promote it for any particular reason. Just trying to point out that the human body is far more flexible and adaptable than modern dieticians would like us to believe.

At this rate spart you'll run out of time before making your mind up

yes, very true.

having re-read goosey's comment, I apologise to some extent. he was saying eat those foods in balance with your energy intake so you dotn get overweight. yes, that is good advice.

however, some good studies also tell you this, as well as common sense.

[FONT=&quot]It’s fine.
The Internet seems like more than it really is.
These training ideas and concepts are not being generated out somewhere in the ether they come from the toil and trouble of real people.
Many scoff at our little board and Facebook and shit but those that hang around long enough find what they're looking for.
the trick is finding what works for you[/FONT]

sometimes i need to slow down and take in what is said more carefully rather than react to bits i don't agree with. I am a very flawed individual, still after all of these years.

I understand what your saying. Though Arnold was a massive drug abuser so i'd take his advice with a grain of salt, maybe even a full bag of salt for that matter.

aren't you doing much the same? (you've done gear before and are doing SARMS currently no?)

And so what if he's done drugs, does that mean anyone who's done anything unhealthy in their lives is incapable of having an informed opinion on nutrition?

We often forget that people like Arnold, Mike Tyson, Don Bradman and co didn’t become great due to their workouts or Dieting and drug taking.

they are great because they are the 1%

aren't you doing much the same? (you've done gear before and are doing SARMS currently no?)

And so what if he's done drugs, does that mean anyone who's done anything unhealthy in their lives is incapable of having an informed opinion on nutrition?

I'm off everything as of last month.

He's very capable of having an informed opinion and he is very knowledgable, we all know that. The fact remains he was a heavy drug user, using much more than what most people would like to believe he was using. In his position he is going to preach as best as he can in a way that will also not effect his reputation in a negative way. I would do exactly the same in his position, you can't blame him and nobody does. He is the extremely small % of people that can get to that level, meaning the majority of us wouldn't stand a chance of getting to his level even if we followed what he preaches to a tee. And obviously he'll preach every single thing to do with BBing except his drug use.

Like i said in my first post, i would be skeptical:) Not just with Arnold, but every single pro bber.

It is true and they are facts. Have you noticed how Glutamine for instance makes you fart more than usuall, ever wondered why that is? Well its like i said above. Many people do get stomach upsets from protein powder, its a fact.

LMAO, protein powder is processed garbage that is just as harmful to your body's insulin resistance as eating sugar, protein powder spikes insulin as it's processed protein that's missing the healthy and useful part, the fat, it's no longer compete and most peoples bodies don't really know how to deal with it, hence your bloating and farting issues, eat a steak instead, you won't have those problems.

Why do you need glutamine? You get plenty in your food, and unless you are a burns victim there really are no benefits to taking additional glutamine.

Seriously, I stopped taking protein powder years ago, unless you have some sort of deficiency in protein. which unless you are some sort of vegan. you won't have. there is no need to consume protein powder, it does nothing apart from creating expensive excretions, contributing to insulin resistance, diabetes, bloating, kidney issues, liver issues, pancreas issues. farting etc etc.

LMAO, protein powder is processed garbage that is just as harmful to your body's insulin resistance as eating sugar, protein powder spikes insulin as it's processed protein that's missing the healthy and useful part, the fat, it's no longer compete and most peoples bodies don't really know how to deal with it, hence your bloating and farting issues, eat a steak instead, you won't have those problems.

Why do you need glutamine? You get plenty in your food, and unless you are a burns victim there really are no benefits to taking additional glutamine.

Seriously, I stopped taking protein powder years ago, unless you have some sort of deficiency in protein. which unless you are some sort of vegan. you won't have. there is no need to consume protein powder, it does nothing apart from creating expensive excretions, contributing to insulin resistance, diabetes, bloating, kidney issues, liver issues, pancreas issues. farting etc etc.

Got a study link for that Mick regarding PP or just useless dribble again?

Got a study link for that Mick regarding PP or just useless dribble again?

The information is there for everyone to see, you can either read it or not bother.

If you don't realise that protein powder is highly processed, and far removed from it's natural state then you have more problems than I thought.

Easy enough to work out that processed protein powder spike insulin, any half way decent Dr should be able to tell you that.

Farting, bloating, digestive issues, pretty easy to figure out as well.

Easy enough to work out it does nothing for gains as well, stop taking it, I promise you won't notice a difference in gains, but your wallet will be fuller and you will probably be healthier for it as you are not putting the additional stress on your kidneys, liver, pancreas, insulin etc.

I think it's fair to say that whenever you eat anything it will spike insulin levels, as it's just part of the metabolic process.

No way that I am reading 24 pages of this
But I have been on a carnivore diet since 23rd of April this year

One thing I noticed in the past, I was eating mainly chicken for protein. This was a mistake and I think I would have much better progress had I eaten more red meat