• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Timeah

Captain Kunce
Kind of following on from Rob's thread on conditioning.

Powerlifting fundamentally is a skill based pursuit based on the expression of maximal strength, which often combines power training with bodybuilding.

Crossfit is probably the most efficient activity for creating a solid fitness base that can be generally carried over into almost other physical pursuit.

Can the two co-exist? Can we combine the two modalities?

Being stronger for crossfit is never a bad thing, being fitter for powerlifting also never a bad thing.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I watched the crossfit 2017 move 'the redeemed and the dominant' on Friday night. I was thinking could some WODS be added to a strength program.

I cant see a reason why they couldnt be. Especially on the morning of a rest day, the day after our PL sessions.

Short. Sharp. Fucken hard.

I Really want to try "Linda".

1.5x bw Deadlift.
1.0x bw bench.
0.75x bw cleans.

10,9,8,7,6;5,4,3,2,1 of each, alternating until finished.

Yeah haha. Im not sure why exactly im so keen on it.

Sick fuck.

FRAN looks good to !!

Three rounds, 21-15-9 reps of 95-pound barbell thrusters and pull-ups, all done for time.

Thats 21 thrusters, 21 pull ups, 15 thrusters, 15 pull ups, 9 thrusters, 9 pull
ups. Then do it all again 2 more times !!!!

FRAN looks good to !!

Three rounds, 21-15-9 reps of 95-pound barbell thrusters and pull-ups, all done for time.

Thats 21 thrusters, 21 pull ups, 15 thrusters, 15 pull ups, 9 thrusters, 9 pull
ups. Then do it all again 2 more times !!!!

That sounds like fucking DEATH for a 100kg bloke. Hahaha. You would really find yourself before that ended.

Lmfao I would love to see you having a go at this. To get though this we would need to learn those funny pull ups that they do.

Lmfao I would love to see you having a go at this. To get though this we would need to learn those funny pull ups that they do.
Yeah i struggle buying into that kipping shit. Haha. But i guess its a cardio based manouvre in that instance, rather than a strength exercise, as i do note that they also use the strict variation in thier programming.

Keen AF on "Linda". Haha

What about Lynne
Bodyweight bench press - max reps
Pull ups - max reps
5 rounds
score is total reps

Thats a good one i reckon.Could be done every time we have a deload week after retesting the big 3 or 4 lifts. Either one or both of thise WODS make great benchmark tests.

I've never done crossfit, what is it like?

Originally crossfit was focused on doing a limited amount of exercises moving from one to the next very quickly
squats
deads
high pulls
chins
farmers walks
dips
turkish get ups and so on...

metabolic conditioning was the goal the term originally came from Arthur Jones in the mid 70’s
the differences were the execution of the movements and the safety of the environment.

to make more money Crossfit became a sport and that’s were it went downhill fast

Originally crossfit was focused on doing a limited amount of exercises moving from one to the next very quickly
squats
deads
high pulls
chins
farmers walks
dips
turkish get ups and so on...

metabolic conditioning was the goal the term originally came from Arthur Jones in the mid 70’s
the differences were the execution of the movements and the safety of the environment.

to make more money Crossfit became a sport and that’s were it went downhill fast

It kind of is like how i train atm, i do massive giants sets but i have to stop for 30-60 seconds sometimes to catch my breath until i have enough oxygen that i can mentally do the next exercise. Still new to me all this type of training, but so far so good! Gone are my days of splits, i'm almost certain.

Kind of following on from Rob's thread on conditioning.

Powerlifting fundamentally is a skill based pursuit based on the expression of maximal strength, which often combines power training with bodybuilding.

Crossfit is probably the most efficient activity for creating a solid fitness base that can be generally carried over into almost other physical pursuit.

Can the two co-exist? Can we combine the two modalities?

Being stronger for crossfit is never a bad thing, being fitter for powerlifting also never a bad thing.

Thoughts?

Of course they can co exist. Wethere it’s the ideal thing to do depends on your goals. It’s most likely not.

Last edited:
I go running and do 500m sprints on the indoor rower. Guarantee I'm fitter doing this than 99% of crossfitters