• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

simo74

Manky Pommie Kunce
So this old git need to get his body moving again. Want to add some conditioning sessions in early morning to fire up the metabolism and get moving. Looking for some ideas boys, quick conditioning sessions or challenges. What have you got for me !?

Get some tabata sets going man.

16kg should do you as a start. Takes fuck all time, is effective.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

100 Squats lol
Jumping Squats
Alternating jumping Lunges
Back Extensions off fixed park table n chairs
Dips
Chins
Push Ups
Inverted Rows
Use bands, matrix training principle style

Seen dudes bring their own Barbells or Dumbbells and even tyres lol

Circuit style
Colorado training style

Thanks [MENTION=12409]Stiffy[/MENTION] yer I was thinking some sort of bodyweight circuit and maybe some sprints

Sprints are good.
Hill sprints (I found addictive)
Skipping
Burpees

As you get older be careful combining Running on flat surfaces and doing Weights if knees aren't good. That's why I do Hill Sprints etc

Sprints are good.
Hill sprints (I found addictive)
Skipping
Burpees

As you get older be careful combining Running on flat surfaces and doing Weights if knees aren't good. That's why I do Hill Sprints etc
Yeah ive had alot of trouble whenever ive built up any kind of consistency with running.

Sand running seems ok though. Never had an issue with that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bear crawls, both forward and reverse. Doing em in reverse really hits your medial delts, triceps and traps. Though people will think your weird. I used to do em in the dark lol.

As mentioned Callesthenics are great, i also love Giants sets and Super Sets to really get the cardiovascular system working hard. Try keep your heart rate as high as possible throughout the workout, this will increase the intensity of each exercise and burn more fat a well.

After seeing some suggestions on here I have remembered how horrible you all are, either that or how much I dread doing conditioning!!

After seeing some suggestions on here I have remembered how horrible you all are, either that or how much I dread doing conditioning!!

Conditioning is one of those things that at first is dreadful. But once you get into it, it becomes addictive due to the endorphins. Hill Sprints boost your sex drive a lot I found lol.

If the above fails to motivate you, think about this. Brad Thorn dual international, now Coach of the QLD Reds used to do shuttle run conditioning by himself in addition to the Team training at the Broncos. When asked why he said "because I hate em!". There's a lesson there for all of us.

images

So this old git need to get his body moving again. Want to add some conditioning sessions in early morning to fire up the metabolism and get moving. Looking for some ideas boys, quick conditioning sessions or challenges. What have you got for me !?

Be careful adding it to your regime your workouts are meant to build strength the byproducts of this should be increased flexibility, bone density, metabolism and for an older trainee (which you think you are) tendons actually become stronger and thicker for which explains (old man strength).
Your recovery at your age is paramount my suggestion for you is to incorporate the aerobic component into you workout or alternatively get in the treadmill or stepper directly after a workout, hill-sprints would be better

Stiffy;757968 [IMG said:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd6Mx3sTCGS1HXh8nL3Sr67J2kakRsu1T_mmr0iRxfFE2faQlJhN3jJcs0[/IMG]

Anyone else notice Brad Thorn looks like Timeah?

Be careful adding it to your regime your workouts are meant to build strength the byproducts of this should be increased flexibility, bone density, metabolism and for an older trainee (which you think you are) tendons actually become stronger and thicker for which explains (old man strength).
Your recovery at your age is paramount my suggestion for you is to incorporate the aerobic component into you workout or alternatively get in the treadmill or stepper directly after a workout, hill-sprints would be better

Thanks Goosey. This sounds like a reasonable approach

Bas Rutten All Round Workout. Would have to probably bootleg it somewhere but can be the worst or best 30mins you'll do.