• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Due to popular belief these to exercises are not the same and one is a bastardised form of the other due to people being impatient and trying to add weight before perfecting form.

the SLDL is an example of an exercise where you must start light as opposed the the Ukrainian version.
due to the mechanics of the UDL a lot of weight can be moved, but you must be careful although being a terrific hamstring developer it can cause a lot of trouble with the it band, most think it’s their back, but in most cases the it band is irritated.

do the SLDL right and you’ll notice your low back will get stronger and you’ll start seeing those pythons crawling up you back.

Still legged deadlift and Ukrainian deadlift

I’ve never done UDL’s.
Truth.

6c2c3b6a450f9283f914eb44a28601ee.png

I've drunk UDLs heaps in the past and they are cheap and nasty shit, bottom of the barrel for rtds thats for sure.

That’s histermeracticle

Your search - histermeracticle meaning - did not match any documents.Suggestions:
  • Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • Try different keywords.
  • Try more general keywords.
  • Try fewer keywords.

Post a video of perfect SLDL technique

I cannot
i can only describe it

stand on a block (250mm) with the loaded bar Mounted on a rack about waist high.

Lift it off the rack

with legs straight and stiff bend at the low back slowly lower the weight until the plates *just* touch the ground then lift as fast as possible

I cannot
i can only describe it

stand on a block (250mm) with the loaded bar Mounted on a rack about waist high.

Lift it off the rack

with legs straight and stiff bend at the low back slowly lower the weight until the plates *just* touch the ground then lift as fast as possible

So you don't recommend lifting slow or medium paced?

You lift as fast as possible
And maintain the cadence throughout the set.
as fast as possible under control in the lift and twice as slow on the negative
so if the lifting portion is 2 sec tut in the first rep maintain that 2 sec until the last rep

You lift as fast as possible
And maintain the cadence throughout the set.
as fast as possible under control in the lift and twice as slow on the negative
so if the lifting portion is 2 sec tut in the first rep maintain that 2 sec until the last rep

Okay that makes sense.

To clarify - this is not a hip hinge you're actively flexing and extending at the spine?