• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

Cyber experts warn that the records won't be safe. There already has been an incidence of a Company selling medical records to Law firms.

Why not have an opt in rather than opt out?

Apathy.

Compare organ donors registered vs those who say they would be happy to donate.

Opt out also justifies funding and legislative change in the future based on the take up rate which will always be higher under an opt out system.

There is no way I would trust any government to hold my privacy as sacrosanct and they routinely make deals to provide data to private companies now, lets not even mention how attractive 20+ million medical records might be to cyber thieves etc.

My main concern is insurance companies and law enforcement accessing medical data without using traditional means (court orders etc). It will happen.

Last edited:
Anyway, you have until 31/10/18 to opt out, do your own research and make a decision based on what is right for you.

Why not have an opt in rather than opt out?

Somewhere around 2010 everything was legislated as opt it by default. Then the legislation was changed again, if I remember correctly. But God knows what the Gobernment are allowed to do.

How do I opt out of this? Can almost guarantee it will be used against me at some point

A proper anti-government weirdo should be able to find a contact number and call them.

A lesser version of same (such as myself) will log in to mygov and do it via the government database that already knows too much about me.

What about Medicals for Work. You don't think a Doctor on the Company payroll isn't going to compromise your confidentiality, at least covertly.

What about some Bird who has an abortion.

Should only be for Hospitals. Medical Centres are now businesses.

Here ya go [MENTION=12409]Stiffy[/MENTION]

Yesterday I did a medical for work, there was a nifty line at the bottom of the paperwork that says "By completing this assessment you consent to the Company Doctor accessing information to help form part of this assessment"

So, it won't be long before employers are all over this shit for existing staff, followed by recruiters.

Here ya go [MENTION=12409]Stiffy[/MENTION]

Yesterday I did a medical for work, there was a nifty line at the bottom of the paperwork that says "By completing this assessment you consent to the Company Doctor accessing information to help form part of this assessment"

So, it won't be long before employers are all over this shit for existing staff, followed by recruiters.

And Firms that don't have a Company Doctor will soon be engaging one just so they can suss out people's medical records.
H.R. people would love that chit, hey [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] (you being in Management)?

"....... The framework for secondary use of health data under My Health Record has only just been made public. Its details are vague, but what is clear is that it exposes Australians’ health information to a potentially staggering array of interested parties, either in de-identified form (a hugely problematic notion, given the intrinsically personal nature of medical information) after linkage with other datasets (say, from Facebook or Google), or in identified form in ways that can be buried deep in the terms of service of third-party apps. ....... "

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...y-health-record-australians-should-reject-it?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...-information-with-lawyers/9894114?pfmredir=sm