• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

UB61B9

Hi everyone.

Just wanting to know if anyone has stumbled across any meal prep recipes for making them up in milk with good amounts of calories and nutrients. I’ve been buying gym foods 20 x 500g meals but I’m Thinking there would be a way to make it cheaper. Anyway hope someone can help

Sounds like your buying pre-made meals. You'd save money by making everything yourself plus you really know whats in it then;)

Now this is going to sound crazy......but hang with me here.

Steak.
Rice.
Veges.

Make a lot of it in one go. Spice to flavour.

Ya dig?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

438px-Chicken_Pie.JPG

I do like pies. Infact my little ones preschool is doing a pie drive. Ive ordered many.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

250g red meat, one cup of cooked rice, 1 cup bone broth
Eat this 3 times a day. When you get hungry, add a meal. Keep adding meals as you get hungry until you're eating 6 meals. Then start increasing the rice across each meal.
Eat two raw carrots at night for fibre

This has 100% of everything you need and is idiot proof. If you have a hard time eating then use ground beef and add in the bone broth and rice and mash it up.

Keep it simples.
Cook big cuts. It will last you 5+ meals. Then just add whatever easy carbs.

The yield versus effort is great, it's cheap, tastes good etc

Rotate between one of these each week

Brisket / blade
Pork shoulder
Lamb shoulder
Etc

Carbs
Packet rice
Baked sweet potatoes

About half of my meals are this, the rest are chicken as the meat / takeaway etc (non breakfast)

I can list my easy recipes if you want to take a practical, economical, tasty approach. Oven is good if you don't have a bbq / cbf to bbq