• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

dustman007

Does anyone use this, how to use this during a workout?

If im aiming at 3 sets of 5 reps... but the weight im supposed to do is too easy, and my rpe is low.... then i bump up the weight to achieve a 9?

Have you read anything from Mike Tsucherer?
How familiar are you with your own performances at or near max loads?
How honest are you with yourself?
Do you film your lifts?
How objective can you remain when reviewing said filmed sets?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sounds like you just need a simple training program to get things going as you don't seem to be going via the "get a trainer" route (no problem with that, it does cost $).

RPE, I suggest, is for lifters who know their body after a year or more of progressive training.

Why not just try 5/3/1 for 3 months and see how you go. You can find the book online. It's pretty simple and you can get spreadsheets and apps and such to work it all out for you very quickly. It will push you every week and give you a deload every month. I got my biggest gains on this program and packed on a bunch of muscle as well.

You're just getting into things, best not to try and figure this out now and just bump the weights up each session instead

OR!
now this is crazy....

But you could try just listening to your coach lol. Its not like he is an amateur ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk