• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WoodyAllen

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...should-be-cut-from-netflix-doctors-group-says

The Australian Medical Association has called on Netflix to remove an “irresponsible” documentary from celebrity chef Pete Evans that claims diet can help autism, asthma and even cancer.

The Magic Pill, a 2017 film produced and narrated by Evans, advocates for the ketogenic diet – one that is extremely low in carbohydrates, but high in fat and protein.

“There is some early evidence, and lot of animal models, that it may have a role in maybe autism, certainly epilepsy – but it is still yet to be fully evaluated,” he said.

“A ketogenic diet is not without risk and it really should be performed in conjunction with a medical practitioner. A long term ketogenic diet can be associated with unhealthy weight loss, kidney stones, and in children can lead to nutritional deficiencies and immune system issues.”

The ketogenic diet, as set out in the film, tells viewers to eat whole and organic foods, avoid grains and dairy, eat a high level of animal fats, olive oil, eggs and avocados, and avoid “bad fats” like vegetable oils.

I'd seen that doco on Netflix and refused to watch it because Pete Evans was on the thumbnail. Haha.

Fuck I hate that guy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'd seen that doco on Netflix and refused to watch it because Pete Evans was on the thumbnail. Haha.

Fuck I hate that guy.

Any reason why??

We have a lot of his cook books, and the recipes are awesome, even the kids love them.

Have not seen the documentary, so can't comment on it, but if the article is correct the AMA are a bunch of idiots.

I might watch this while eating dinner tonight funnily enough dinner will be butterflied whole lemon/herb chicken, chicken wings with fresh vegetables on the side, so according to the AMA my dinner could kill me because it contains hardly any carbs and no grains.

The Mrs has multiple sclerosis and went from having the whole right hand side of her body being numb to being completely symptom-less in 2 months of ketogenic dieting with no pharmaceutical treatment

I'm not sure what was of benefit, I don't think it was ketosis per se, perhaps a lack of saccharides. I know of others that went into MS remission by removing dairy and gluten

Any reason why??

We have a lot of his cook books, and the recipes are awesome, even the kids love them.
You havnt seen or heard any of his silly quotes?

Im a big keto fan but...so i Will watch it. The kunce just makes me gringe man.

Im a big keto fan but...so i Will watch it. The kunce just makes me gringe man.

The documentary is actually very good

Can't say I have, I have never spoken to the man and I hardly watch any commercial TV.

Watched the Documentary over dinner, makes a lot of sense, but the presentation was a bit boring IMO.

If you are concerned he is not in the documentary for more than 30 seconds and does not appear to say anything silly.

The Mrs has multiple sclerosis and went from having the whole right hand side of her body being numb to being completely symptom-less in 2 months of ketogenic dieting with no pharmaceutical treatment

I'm not sure what was of benefit, I don't think it was ketosis per se, perhaps a lack of saccharides. I know of others that went into MS remission by removing dairy and gluten

My guess is that it would be because her body works as it should.

The problem is, as I see it that every species has a specific diet of what they are supposed to eat for maximum health and disease resistance. Humans seem to totally disregard their natural diet, in favour of grains, pasta, breads, corn starch, etc.

Just because we can survive on it does not mean it's ideal, and as with all creatures, some people seem to be able to tolerate more than others.

The documentary is actually very good
Can't say I have, I have never spoken to the man and I hardly watch any commercial TV.

Watched the Documentary over dinner, makes a lot of sense, but the presentation was a bit boring IMO.

If you are concerned he is not in the documentary for more than 30 seconds and does not appear to say anything silly.
Actually nearly through it now. 15minutes to go.

Its good. And definitely not enough pete to hurt my brain haha.

It makes you a little angry to be honest this doco.

Humans are ****s.

Of course we all know how to get and stay healthy etc, but this is shit is Pushed Hard on everyone else (low fat, high shitty carbs).

Of course we all know how to get and stay healthy etc, but this is shit is Pushed Hard on everyone else (low fat, high shitty carbs).

I don't think many people do know how to stay healthy, not even sure I know any more.

I likes the Vegan Chick that realised that you need animal matter no matter what you do and the farmer that was talking about the cows eating grass. I never even knew about the grain feeding of cows:(

I mean, this documentary is of course interesting. But it does cherry pick a little bit, and shows decent bias. But the underlying message is quite clear...the average modern human diet is garbage haha.

A couple of the stories had me raising my eyebrows a little.

The kids with Autism improving thier lifestyles wasnt really a surprise, especially the little girl. She wasnt eating well at all and was likely deficient in a long list of things. Fixing deficiencies often leads to a great things.

The prediabetic fatties improving also not s surprise because again...take a look at what they are eating. Very lacking in nutrients those diets.

The woman with Cancer. Breast cancer i might add, which is an important fact.
She basically claims to have cured herself with food. This one is a dangerous message.
Why?
Because breast cancer, like many other cancer types, comes is all kinds of shapes and sizes and destructive abilities. One particular cancer, which i near bet my left nut of it being the one she likely had/has is not particularly agressive nor strong. This type - i forget the name - can develop within the milk duct, and then stay there and never go metastatic....literally forever. If you must get breast cancer...thats what you would choose. Could have been the diet...could have been the type of cancer. ;)

The moral of the story? Dont eat like a shit kunce i guess.

I think Micks mate Paleo Pete, aka the activated almond guy, said something bleedingly obvious early on in the film; "we need to find a balance between the old and the new". Not his exact words i know...but it was basically something like that.

I'd like to see a meta analysis of all natural diets and chronic disease.

Vegan
Vegetarian
Keto
Paleo
Mediterranean
Carnivore

All these diets remove food that is not natural. I'd like to see the difference within chronic disease