• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
M

Mitch79

hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has used or owned the aussie strength light commercial power cage? am on a budget and my options are limited. its either that or the force usa myrack. any feedback would be appreciated.

If you’re using it at home just for working out then get on eBay or something and buy the cheapest thing you see.
quality (welding versus bolts) grade of steel and such shouldn’t be a concern unless you’re squatting 200 + for 20 rep’s.

A lot of tyros get illusions of grandeur and go and buy what their heroes use, then find out sooner or later realize you need the right raw materials to succeed, the sell it all bitter and twisted.

if you want to compete in powerlifting join gym that specializes in it.

Haven't heard many great things about their equipment and service. Try Raw Fitness Equipment.

I've been looking at a cheapo half rack on eBay it's only 190$ item number 332366925246 (I can't post links yet ?)
Any thoughts or comments on it?

I'm only gonna use it twice a week and I'm doing the stronglifts 5x5 program

Cheers

I've been looking at a cheapo half rack on eBay it's only 190$ item number 332366925246 (I can't post links yet [emoji849])
Any thoughts or comments on it?

I'm only gonna use it twice a week and I'm doing the stronglifts 5x5 program

Cheers
Don't do either of those things.

:)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Must not be trading very hard then. To not need safeties.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

can get squat stands with safety spotters but no i do not have them. I do not train with super heavy weight. I superset a lot pre-exhaust. i do not need huge weights

can get squat stands with safety spotters but no i do not have them. I do not train with super heavy weight. I superset a lot pre-exhaust. i do not need huge weights
You need them for when shit happens. Only need to save you once. Can happen with heavy or light shit.
Use em for benching also. Probably way more important for benching actually...you can't really bail on a bench press movement

You need them for when shit happens. Only need to save you once. Can happen with heavy or light shit.
Use em for benching also. Probably way more important for benching actually...you can't really bail on a bench press movement

oh yes you are correct. when i bench at home my son spots me or if alone i do parallel bar dips or use Dumbbells. I do for example parallel bar dips then superset, no rest push ups on floor. finish off with incline db press or flyes.
but yeah...a power rack is better

Why don't you use heavy weights?

its not for every one. I find it hard to sustain lifting above a certain % for any length of time. Training for health and fitness is fine. I believe you can lengthen your life and improve the quality of it into your later years training moderately.

OK i will not ramble on here...but
My right knee has been twice operated on with key hole surgery (94/99) chondromlacia Patella.
I can squat but when i get to a certain weight i feel it´s not good. Not pain but the pressure. I am not against Heavy training or programmes like 5x5..etc. However at 54 i will use more reps. There are guys who still train heavy at my age but i don´t need to, to be in shape. i am not a thonged warrior so i am not going to compete with other thonged warriors;)
Regarding Bench press or exercises like Barbell rows, deadlifts i just feel my muscles working with 10-12 reps. i don´t go crazy with the reps but stay in the 10-15 mark. Build wise i have always had thick solid legs from nature & a stocky build so i really am blessed in a way. I also do not need to eat like a horse...but am hung like a horse :D

Last edited: