• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
no, I was highly offended, as were others.

I am terribly sorry that you were offended, along with a mysterious crowd of "others".

o5j1c.jpg

if it was not offensive and inappropriate, shrek had no need to remove it from the thread after I complained.

You keep saying that it was offensive and inappropriate yet it had nothing to do with you directly and included two easily found and widely disseminated media pieces. You sound like someone complaining that a murder victim got blood all over your carpet. You seem to be missing the point.
Its not about you, it never was about you, it doesn't involve you, it certainly didn't involve your daughter simply because I never knew you had one (you do have a daughter, right? Do you?)

anyway, it is great that the APU is growing by the day as the APU is indeed proving to be a be a fantastic national affiliate of the IPF, is it not woody.

Seems like you are actively trying to REDUCE the APU membership. You are actively trying to get me kicked out, right? Over a post that had nothing to do with you.

So it transpires that your concern is about your ego, NOT about the purity of the APU.

And yes, I agree with you.
the APU is growing by the day as the APU is indeed proving to be a be a fantastic national affiliate of the IPF
It's growing by the day, except on the day where you actively try to reduce the APU membership by putting your "hurt feelings" and massive ego before the benefit to the APU and IPF.

So, aside from massaging your hurt feelings and bruised ego, how would removing an IPF and APU multiple world record holder and contender for a World Champion medal improve the sport?

See, this is about your ego, not about what's right. And it's all based on what was once a misunderstanding but is now becoming a scurrilous lie.

ok shrek, but why allow woody to try and wreck the APU thread with his rants.

Probably because they aren't rants but replies to scurrilous lies. Plus, Woody is a paid up current APU Lifter member, competitor and member of the APU World Championship team. You are none of those.

I guess you could say that, as a fully paid up APU member, I have street cred. You don't.

2018 MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM

Non Lifter All Coaches, Technical Officials & Supporters, Spotters and Loaders

Last edited:
woody, no offence with you being a great world record holder and all, but i would like to think the APU will never decide an issue by who has the biggest lifts.

for anyone viewing ausbb who is interested in the APU, it looks like Melbourne will have at least one comp in 2019. great news.

I don't know the background beyond what is still here but it is poor form in my opinion to attempt to cause harm to someone off forum.

There is a report function where site stakeholders can remove offensive material, there is an ignore function that allows members to decide whether any members posts are visible and if all else fails, the red X works too.

Attempting to bully someone based on being the owner of a site that may hold a lifting competition, actively trying to remove a member from an organisation based on butthurt ( I am not demeaning the butthurt given I lack all the information but it does fit the definition) and dragging up years old media articles to discredit information provided to another member on this forum is a real shitty thing to do.

I guess this is the new paradigm, where social media can and will be used against you by those with axes to grind and time on their hands.

For your information I passed on Kevin's story that he did not refer the sick clip to me as I thought. A simple apology would have been sufficient.
Second, I was not bullying Scott. I was merely concerned about covering the apu with regard to any possible perception.
Third, I will continue to offer my opinion and help as long as the Apu allows me to do so.

Cheers.

Oh man, so keen to see valuable updates in here but it's so frequently a big bunch of shyte throwing.. disservice to the apu image, which both spart and woody would like to promote positively
Just hang up the swords bros

For your information I passed on Kevin's story that he did not refer the sick clip to me as I thought. A simple apology would have been sufficient.

I totally agree with this and that was exactly what I asked for. But still no apology for smearing my name, falsely accusing me of demeaning your daughter when I had no idea you had one, claiming my post(s) were about you and generally being a brittle flower.

I'm still waiting for the apology. And while you're at it, a "sorry" to Gerry would go a long way to giving you some sort of positive reputation again.

i think the last few threads show what scum kevin and gerry are.

Oh, and you still haven't confirmed that you do actually have a daughter. Or any children. Or given any proof that any of the posts in question referred to you in any way.

Second, I was not bullying Scott. I was merely concerned about covering the apu with regard to any possible perception.

What a load of horse shit. You were bullying Scott into unnecessarily buying a membership based on his ownership of a few chairs, a dunny and some floor space. He told you clearly and explicitly that he had no part in putting on the competition in that location.

Third, I will continue to offer my opinion and help as long as the Apu allows me to do so.

Cheers.

Since when is the APU running this forum? How are you "helping"? Are you saying that the APU has directed you to come onto this forum as an official representative? You keep implying that you are part of the APU executive or some such organizing body. You have even had a couple of members query you on this as that is what you keep implying. But you aren't anything like that. You are a "non-lifter" member, you know, the membership level that you insisted Scott should buy in order for someone else to run a comp out of a building he leases.

Who do I contact at APU to have them make an official statement on all this? Should I contact Sean? You know, the guy who shared the platform with me in Calgary in June. The guy whose gear I looked after while he was in weigh in's. I'm sure he has far better things to do that fret about what you are up to. Let me know who to talk to, or I can just email them and find out for myself. Up to you.

I dunno for sure but I'm reasonably certain that impersonating an APU official while threatening at least 3 people is some sort of misdemeanour, at the least. It might get your non lifter fee refunded.

Last edited:
Sorry everyone for the rant but I am just beginning to feel the first minor stirrings of being slightly pissed off. Even [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION] has now acknowledged that the posts in concern were not, as I clearly stated, referring to him and certainly not his (possibly mythical) daughter.

I will not comment again on this subject, unless I'm attacked or my reputation is smeared again.

Sorry everyone for the rant but I am just beginning to feel the first minor stirrings of being slightly pissed off. Even [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION] has now acknowledged that the posts in concern were not, as I clearly stated, referring to him and certainly not his (possibly mythical) daughter.

I will not comment again on this subject, unless I'm attacked or my reputation is smeared again.

Nah, you're good Wood. So is this where we are at, Sparty accepting Wood and Gez weren't talking about him or his Daughter, that Wood and Gez didn't even know Sparty had a Daughter?
So all we are waiting on is [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION] to admit the above and to apologize to Wood and Gez.
Prolly should be a thread ...,..

I totally agree with this and that was exactly what I asked for. But still no apology for smearing my name, falsely accusing me of demeaning your daughter when I had no idea you had one, claiming my post(s) were about you and generally being a brittle flower.

I'm still waiting for the apology. And while you're at it, a "sorry" to Gerry would go a long way to giving you some sort of positive reputation again.

Oh, and you still haven't confirmed that you do actually have a daughter. Or any children. Or given any proof that any of the posts in question referred to you in any way.

What a load of horse shit. You were bullying Scott into unnecessarily buying a membership based on his ownership of a few chairs, a dunny and some floor space. He told you clearly and explicitly that he had no part in putting on the competition in that location.

Since when is the APU running this forum? How are you "helping"? Are you saying that the APU has directed you to come onto this forum as an official representative? You keep implying that you are part of the APU executive or some such organizing body. You have even had a couple of members query you on this as that is what you keep implying. But you aren't anything like that. You are a "non-lifter" member, you know, the membership level that you insisted Scott should buy in order for someone else to run a comp out of a building he leases.

Who do I contact at APU to have them make an official statement on all this? Should I contact Sean? You know, the guy who shared the platform with me in Calgary in June. The guy whose gear I looked after while he was in weigh in's. I'm sure he has far better things to do that fret about what you are up to. Let me know who to talk to, or I can just email them and find out for myself. Up to you.

I dunno for sure but I'm reasonably certain that impersonating an APU official while threatening at least 3 people is some sort of misdemeanour, at the least. It might get your non lifter fee refunded.

feel free to contact sean. what are you useless.

and yes, I asked sean if I could do apu thread and he supported it.

get over it sook.

i am asking shrek to delete thread. the fact that gerry keeps coming back on here under an alias and then mouths off is enough for me.

woody, you wont be getting an apology from me as it is only your opinion now that it was not directed at me. you and Gerry clearly put it up and discussed an inappropriate thread about trump and his daughter that should not be posted.

but feel free to protest to the APU. pretty confident that sort of post is not really defendable and is inappropriate.

again, shrek I ask to delete thread.

instead, the apu committee will consider my proposal to produce a newsletter which will be sent to apu members and posted on apu site with opportunities for all members to provide input for debate and publication via email.

when I get my apu email address, I will post here for apu members to contribute.

cheers woody.

So you stir shit and and then deflect.

Passive aggressive, as I suggested. I had a whole rant ready after you interrupted a discussion with an old article trying to prove a point, a point that missed given that 300 is still 300 and you neglected to answer my question anyway but instead of being a dick at that time, I withdrew.

That is until I read the rest of this thread.

I may be ugly and hate filled but I know how to say sorry when I get it wrong and you are doing APU no favours with your attitude here Sparty. It's a shame because I have a lot of respect for your achievements (as I do Woody's, and yes, even Gerry's) but causing shit and refusing to own your fuckup is not a nice way to behave and hurts the high opinion I have of you, see how I linked your posts here to your lifting even though they should not be related in any way.

Promoting the APU (which is a fine thing to do) and your personal opinions on member behaviour should be separated, just as any alleged opinions of others should separate them from the APU but you chose to blend the two and it almost seems like it bit you on the arse.

We don't have to be mates but we should be able to get along to achieve a common goal. Best advice I was ever given...

Last edited:
onslaught, I respect your thoughts and I concede my actions may have created a perception that I was targeting people. I have apologised to sticky via private message if he feels I bullied him. as for the two others, it aint going to happen for various reasons which I will not waste one more word on.

that is why I have decided to take an alternative approach and promote apu through a magazine, assuming I prove up to the task.