• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spartacus

here is webpage of the APU, the provisional IPF Australian affiliate.

http://www.powerlifting-apu.com/

wilks calculator, including age score

http://weighttraining.nz/wilks_calculator.php

• President -- Sean Muir (Student B.Sc Psychology, Cert IV Workplace Trainer, Cert IV Fitness, Level 1 Powerlifiting Coach, Level 1 ASCA, 2004 Townsville Sportsperson of the year)
  • Vice President -- Scott Peisley (BSc. Physiotherapist, Currently studying Master of Sports Coaching)
  • Treasurer -- Cameron Whittington (Program Manager, Currently studying Master of Business)
  • Secretary General Julie Henderson (Master of Educational Administration)
  • Anti-doping Dr. David Greene (Deputy Head School of Exercise Science, ACU)
  • Officiating Dr Gordon Thorogood (Solid State Physicist, ANSTO)
  • Strategic Manager Lin Donevska (Bachelor Business - specializing in Accounting and finance)
  • Competition Manager Rachel Jones, Jr 57kg Division "2017 World Champion Minsk Belarus"
  • Competition Coordinator Mark Hambling, over 20 years experience coordinating comp

Are [MENTION=13432]WoodyAllen[/MENTION] and Gerry coming over? If APU gets IPF sanctioning they must you'd think.
Be quite a coup for APU.

I'd say Woody is for sure.

Gerry on the other hand is cooked.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

no, asada told apu to go to a private agency, but that is where the story begins
APU will have no out of competition testing then?

apu.png

any questions about apu, please direct to apu thread where I will endeavour to answer. thanks shrek.

yes, of course. it already has. remember many ipf national affiliates pay for their own testing.

it is true, the apu had trouble getting testing, as will be revealed.

but the apu from day one has sought a drug testing protocol to be IPF compliant. and, contrary to some of the comments I/we have seen via email, the APU has a very competent team that is committed to the goal of promoting drug free powerlifting.

this includes

• President -- Sean Muir (Student B.Sc Psychology, Cert IV Workplace Trainer, Cert IV Fitness, Level 1 Powerlifiting Coach, Level 1 ASCA, 2004 Townsville Sportsperson of the year)
  • Vice President -- Scott Peisley (BSc. Physiotherapist, Currently studying Master of Sports Coaching)
  • Treasurer -- Cameron Whittington (Program Manager, Currently studying Master of Business)
  • Secretary General Julie Henderson (Master of Educational Administration)
  • Anti-doping Dr. David Greene (Deputy Head School of Exercise Science, ACU)
  • Officiating Dr Gordon Thorogood (Solid State Physicist, ANSTO)
  • Strategic Manager Lin Donevska (Bachelor Business - specializing in Accounting and finance)
  • Competition Manager Rachel Jones, Jr 57kg Division "2017 World Champion Minsk Belarus"
  • Competition Coordinator Mark Hambling, over 20 years experience coordinating comp

and then there is me, just your average APU member fighting for truth, justice and freedom in the Australian way. :cool:

here is a message that was sent from the IPF to the Australian Sports Commission on 30 April 2018, which I also received.

'The IPF would like to open an active dialogue with the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) to provide support for the recognition of the Australian Powerlifting Union (APU). The International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) is quite pleased with the very professional work completed by the APU in such a short amount of time. We have accepted them as a provisional member of the IPF. I would like to point out the IPF is the official governing body for the sport of powerlifting internationally. The IPF is comprised of member federations from over 113 countries on six [6] continents. The IPF is a founding member of the World Games. As you well know, the World Games is an international multi-sports event hosted by the International World Games Association (IWGA), falling under the patronage of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The IPF is also a member of AIMS, GAISF and SportAccord. We also have recognition from FISU and Special Olympics. Our Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships falls under the patronage of the Commonwealth Games Federation. Given the forgoing, we respectfully request that you provide the recognition to the APU so the athletes may take advantage of the opportunities that we offer annually'.

Jump onboard
[MENTION=7738]Tim
[/MENTION]
@woody [MENTION=10608]Gerry
[/MENTION]
@pritchard [MENTION=8399]0ni
[/MENTION]