• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
good luck to gpc, it has done well.

but each to their own. I prefer to watch or be involved with a raw fed, no wraps; drug testing, which we will have through asada or without; and no monolift which I think is an eye sore.

just my opinion.

just a few weeks ago, I was being told gloom and doom for apu's future. how wrong they are.

I actually agree with almost all of that.
I hate wraps, and I hate Monolifts.

But none of that is drama, just opinions.

GPC is growing every month, and with some great new initiatives being launched at the AGM this year, it won’t be slowing.

Thats all off topic though.

I hope APU does well, we all need them too.

Why do you need APU to do well?
How does it doing well affect GPC?

Gets wilks out, then powerlifters will be free to mingle.

Opens more ore pathways for lifters to go into IPF words.

Allows me access to new lifters.

Allows new lifters to my meets.

Not just wilks. A complete purge. An organisation cannot make progress when each board members tenure is sustained only by the amount of dirt they have on others.

Gets wilks out, then powerlifters will be free to mingle.

Opens more ore pathways for lifters to go into IPF words.

Allows me access to new lifters.

Allows new lifters to my meets.

Problem with that is, the "no mingling" rule is an IPF rule adopted by Wilks, and every other IPF affiliated fed, although some are more "flexible" than others, such as APU that allows non international competitors leeway. This is why all those who want to compete in an international IPF sanctioned meet can only do so by not competing in other non sanctioned feds. That includes APU members. For example, last year there was a letter/notice sent out by the IPF about IPF affiliate individual members attending an Ed Coen seminar in Europe. Ed, as you prolly know, has an IPF lifetime ban after 2 steroid positives.

I thought everyone knew this.

Anyway, all lifters can mingle, train with and compete with anyone they like. You just have to do so outside of the IPF world federation. There are no shortage of non IPF feds. I think that in the US alone there are well over 50 non IPF feds. However, deep down, underneath all the angst, lifters recognize the IPF standards as being the best and kind of lust after a shot at a podium in an IPF worlds. Cos winning a gold while setting 4 world records with wraps, monolift and bendy deadlift bar in WABDL is just not the same.

this is true, apu members seeking ipf competition representation will not be able to compete in events like ProRaw.

other apu members will be able to.

Problem with that is, the "no mingling" rule is an IPF rule adopted by Wilks, and every other IPF affiliated fed, although some are more "flexible" than others, such as APU that allows non international competitors leeway. This is why all those who want to compete in an international IPF sanctioned meet can only do so by not competing in other non sanctioned feds. That includes APU members. For example, last year there was a letter/notice sent out by the IPF about IPF affiliate individual members attending an Ed Coen seminar in Europe. Ed, as you prolly know, has an IPF lifetime ban after 2 steroid positives.

I thought everyone knew this.

Anyway, all lifters can mingle, train with and compete with anyone they like. You just have to do so outside of the IPF world federation. There are no shortage of non IPF feds. I think that in the US alone there are well over 50 non IPF feds. However, deep down, underneath all the angst, lifters recognize the IPF standards as being the best and kind of lust after a shot at a podium in an IPF worlds. Cos winning a gold while setting 4 world records with wraps, monolift and bendy deadlift bar in WABDL is just not the same.

The rule was adopted by wilks, then made even worse.

As long as I'm subjected to testing, I believe I can join the APU. I can not join PA.
If an APU member is still subject to testing, as far as I know, they can do my local novice meets, and most likely my GPC meets; as long there are no banned IPF lifters competing.

The IPF worlds, while it may be the best "fed" meet in the world, doesn't mean a lot for most local lifters, especially if they can compete with their friends, and in any gym without worry from some silly made up rules, made by a guy with an agenda.

I want APU to succeed.

The IPF worlds, while it may be the best "fed" meet in the world, doesn't mean a lot for most local lifters, especially if they can compete with their friends, and in any gym without worry from some silly made up rules, made by a guy with an agenda. ....

I know that when I first started competing I had zero interest in going to a world championship, competing in any international comp or even travelling out of state. I was just focused in on getting better at competing on a platform and improving my results. It was me vs the barbell, nothing else. So, certainly, for most, if not all, beginners, the whole IPF issue is just foreign politics.

Fortunately, there are lots of opportunities to lift including "real" competitions and "unofficial" beginners events. (I think, but I'm not certain, that Marcos from PTC started that.)

Once a beginner aspires to the next level, National comps, they then start to look higher at regional and international comps. That's when the big divide happens.

But, RIGHT NOW, as in, AT THIS MOMENT, there is only one drug tested powerlifting fed (PA) with APU yet to nail down any sort of testing at all, in any comp or out of comp. Only PA has whereabouts info locked in place, only PA has actual drug testing taking place on a regular basis (or any basis, I believe), only PA has out of comp testing, only PA has legal power to identify and suspend/ban failed lifters and only PA has government backing (and financing) for such.

At worlds in Calgary, Canada, next month, APU lifters will be able to be tested via the self funded IPF testing system in place for international comps.

That's how things are at the moment, for better or worse. I'm sure that will change, one way or the other. I, for one, am looking forward to that changing.

But, lifters need to know that AT THE MOMENT, RIGHT NOW there is no drug testing in APU and for some (hi Chris Lewis) it is disingenuous to avoid this unpleasant fact, or to indicate, by omission, that there is no current drug testing for any APU athletes.

This is not a political jab, just stating the facts in an even handed manner. I am, currently, an APU member. I am not, but have been, a current PA member. If I'm wrong about any of that, I'm happy to be educated.

Last edited:
tbh, i dont care what kevin aitken says.

the apu leadership knows my comments, and anything i say about apu is correct. i have checked with the apu first about any key points made.

i have passed on all of your comments to APU kevin, i dont think your comments about my character are fair at all. they prove to me you are low. i never appreciate anyone calling me a liar. anything i have said if factual. all apu members are free to contact the apu leadership rather than shooting their mouth off like kevin aitken.