• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
40488403_227607271242806_4901776725303623680_n.jpg

Like I said, must be new (or maybe they were less picky back in April [emoji848])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

above is part of competition application form that apu has provided me.

I just went through the application form for the 1st Australian Classic Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships and that certainly was not in there. The closest it got to any restriction with those involved in the comp as an athlete or support staff was item #1 which was in regard to associating with individuals who are:

currently excluded, banned,suspended or in disrepute with the IPF. *

So, what [MENTION=19644]MattM1979[/MENTION] said seems to be current, or at least accurate.

APU may change that or be more specific, but currently that's not part of the participation criteria.

for spotters and loaders, requirment on day is for injury possibilities. there is a $1 on day membership to cover this.

coaches $50.

So anyway, wanting to join APU and compete at the end of the year.
Doesn't appear to be many comps on their calendar though
Does anyone know otherwise?
Awaiting response from the fb page

Thanks, Penrith is listed for sep. There's nothing after bench nats in oct
I guess they will get added closer?
May as well just train for a theoretical comp in early Dec, see what comes up

I will see if there are more Sydney comps this year, or whether you can compete in nationals given you are just joining.

Thanks C, appreciated. Dont worry about Nats.. I am de trained now after a few weeks holiday. Hopefully I can qual for next years nats

Thanks C, appreciated. Dont worry about Nats.. I am de trained now after a few weeks holiday. Hopefully I can qual for next years nats

you dont "detrain" after a few weeks.I know of one Aussie rep who got the call up to the nats who barely trained leading into it for at least 3 due to a sore back but he pulled a deadlift pb.If you have been training hard up until your absence theres no reason to regain your "lost" strength very very quickly.Shit i stopped for nearly 2 yrs man and was training after nightshift and recovered a lot of strength.Few weeks....thats your ego bro,physically you re fine.

you dont "detrain" after a few weeks.I know of one Aussie rep who got the call up to the nats who barely trained leading into it for at least 3 due to a sore back but he pulled a deadlift pb.If you have been training hard up until your absence theres no reason to regain your "lost" strength very very quickly.Shit i stopped for nearly 2 yrs man and was training after nightshift and recovered a lot of strength.Few weeks....thats your ego bro,physically you re fine.

Wasted effort.
Why go through the process with inhibited potential.
Build for a couple of months extra and have some decent progress on the cards instead.

Wasted effort.
Why go through the process with inhibited potential.
Build for a couple of months extra and have some decent progress on the cards instead.

yeah you re one of these guys that wont compete until ur smiting fukin everyone.Ur ready nao.Negro pls.Take some advices from an ageing kunt.Life will fuk u up the ass at some point and not even give you the courtesy of a reacharound.If i could rewind wat i did,it would of been firstly keep training with the NZ reps i met,but i thought i could do it on my own and moved away.That delayed my progress substantially.Secondly i would of competed more and started earlier,you actually dont know wat ur total is until uve done it under the pressure of competition and regulations.And thirdly i would of....no ill shut up...but ur ready nao bud.Strike while ur hot,you dont know what the future will bring,and you ll progress faster hitting comps.You re likely to win ur first novice comp.APU is just starting and the talent pool isnt deep.

you could represent Australia but better to take a leap of faith and jump nao.

Last edited:

yeah you re one of these guys that wont compete until ur smiting fukin everyone.Ur ready nao.Negro pls.Take some advices from an ageing kunt.Life will fuk u up the ass at some point and not even give you the courtesy of a reacharound.If i could rewind wat i did,it would of been firstly keep training with the NZ reps i met,but i thought i could do it on my own and moved away.That delayed my progress substantially.Secondly i would of competed more and started earlier,you actually dont know wat ur total is until uve done it under the pressure of competition and regulations.And thirdly i would of....no ill shut up...but ur ready nao bud.Strike while ur hot,you dont know what the future will bring,and you ll progress faster hitting comps.You re likely to win ur first novice comp.APU is just starting and the talent pool isnt deep.

you could represent Australia but better to take a leap of faith and jump nao.

Gerry is spot on.

The number of people I have met that have missed out on a milestone in their life (competing) because they think they aren't strong enough is too many to contemplate.

Let me tell you a few hard cold facts.

1: No one gives a phuk how much you lift. When you turn up to compete, everyone is helping everyone. Everyone gets a clap and a cheer. Everyone is on the same page. Everyone, include world record holders or champions, go through the same terrifying ordeal to compete.

2: No one gives a phuk how much you lift. There is always someone who is stronger than you, smarter, better looking, richer, funnier, more popular, with a better job, a hotter girl, etc. No matter if you lift a pb or not, or set a record. Someone, sooner or later will break your number.

3: No one gives a phuk how much you lift. Once the chalk dust settles, the aches and pains ease away, the emotional turmoil and physical pain recedes, within a day or four everyone will have forgotten about your comp and what you lifted. Except for you. You will remember. You will remember how you trained for it, prepared for it, packed your gear and food, turned up for weigh in, made weight, set your openers, did your warm ups, got helped by everyone in the warm up room, got encouraged, took your heart in your hands and walked out after the call "The bar is loaded!", got your setup right and made your mark.

No one else will remember but you will.

When that day comes when you get your cancer diagnosis, or you have a heart attack or turn into a half zombie from a stroke, you will remember.

The kuntz that didn't do it will be what they are now, nothing, wishing they had taken the chance and shown some courage to turn up.

But above all else, no one will give a phuk, but you will.

says kevin who used to be a couch potatoe. please don't lecture anyone.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...d/news-story/4ca3b1c9489313328f1ce295abe17fd4

Why? Because I actually got off the couch?

That wasn't a lecture. It was encouragement. I know you're not interested in doing anything that's difficult, but that doesn't mean that others shouldn't. Too often when we try to diet down to low body fat or train to get bigger or stronger or faster or all of those, we get people trying to drag us down to their shitty level.

@canned tuna seemed think that he wasn't strong enough and had some self doubt. I was trying to encourage him to look at the big picture, to do something that he would be proud of, not just this year, but for the rest of his life.

To all the members here who read this, don't let the dead weights of this world drag you down. Phuk them. Pick a goal and set your program accordingly. Want to do a powerlifting comp? Strongman comp? Compete in a crossfit comp? Weightlifting? Run a triathlon? Or just be a better dad/husband/person (or mother/wife/person). Then go for it.

Don't let the haters grind you down to their level of mediocrity.

Go for it Toona, you’ll do well.

Let us know when, if it’s local I’ll come and cheer you on.