• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
[MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION] as APU's Head Recruitment Officer and Social Media Liaison Officer, it would certainly be a feather in your cap if you could get Gerry to crossover. I know a lot people are intimidated by his abilities, but.... It would be a coup for APU (see what I did there:) )

It's not my story. I'm summarizing the situation as it is. It's not my opinion or even my viewpoint. It's what the real world situation is right now. Just some facts that others on the forum may not be aware of.

e.g. To say that Donald Trump is president and is having a difficult time (Stormy, Russia, Guliani, etc, etc, etc,) is not my opinion . It's how the situation is at the moment.

So stop trying to politicize my input.

Yes, it is. That's my point dumbass. It's far more complex and difficult, not as I suggest, but as it stands in the real world. Getting ASADA drug testing for a second fed in one sport is, as far as I know, difficult if not impossible.

How many ASADA drug tested powerlifting federations are there in Australia? One (1). It's PA. Why not CAPO or any of the other feds? Because, despite having a token frownie, re drug use, in their constitutions, none of them can (or are willing to) get ASADA on board.

Now, before you spew forth more invective and get all pissy, understand that I'm not against APU, or anyone else for that matter, having ASADA backing/registration. I'm just pointing out that APU is having a difficult time getting drug testing sorted in the short term. They may never be able to get ASADA backing, but that just means they have to implement a private company to do it all for them. So, no government subisdy. Expect big jumps in entry fees, if that's the case.

But, without guessing or wishing for anything, at the moment the fact is that APU is not drug tested, neither in or out of comp. That's not an opinion, it's not something I like, it's not anything to do with my personal opinion. It's just how it is at the moment while the APU gets off the ground.

So, stop being so butt hurt and stick to the facts.

P.S. How's the training going?

you are not against APU, you could have fooled me. you always have plenty of negative things to say, not much else.

and, the radio show tomorrow, if you can actually find the newsradio station, is about the APU's ability to get user pay drug testing after asada ruled that was the APU's best option given that the ASC already had a recognised federation.

the apu now has a drug testing arrangement through the IPF, but the show is about why we could not get testing through domestic sources.

comprendi Kevin Aitken

@spartacus as APU's Head Recruitment Officer and Social Media Liaison Officer, it would certainly be a feather in your cap if you could get Gerry to crossover. I know a lot people are intimidated by his abilities, but.... It would be a coup for APU (see what I did there:) )

I am just an APU member who tries hard.

as for woody's insults about my lifting prowess or even willingness to compete, he should let it go.

remember a member of fed need not lift; he or she an make an effective contribution as a supporter though membership fees, as a loader, as a spotter or any other role.

he or she can even dare to open their mouths and challenge the status quo backed by government agencies that were informed of obstacles that were preventing the APU from getting testing with a private agency.

so get off your high horse you elitist tosser, and keep jumping ship when it suits your lifting needs.

as for woody's insults about my lifting prowess or even willingness to compete, he should let it go.

remember a member of fed need not lift; he or she an make an effective contribution as a supporter though membership fees, as a loader, as a spotter or any other role.

he or she can even dare to open their mouths and challenge the status quo backed by government agencies that were informed of obstacles that were preventing the APU from getting testing with a private agency.

so get off your high horse you elitist tosser, and keep jumping ship when it suits your lifting needs.

Yes, I too am now a paid up APU member.

I challenge [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3627]Goosey[/MENTION] to also show support .

Come back [MENTION=19349]g3rry[/MENTION] the forum needs you!

It's not hard, just expensive.

I think that a standard test is up over $1k, but don't quote me on that. Remember that it's not just a "testosterone" test, it's a test that covers all sorts of chemicals, such as oral steroids, hgh, peptides, stimulants of all sorts and such.

It's also standard practice in international IPF comps to charge everyone a drug test fee which, combined, pays for the overall bill for those who are actually tested, as an IPF event is not sanctioned by one particular country's drug test authority.

The issue that APU has is that they don't currently have the membership numbers to do the same with their local comps. Since they are not ASC sanctioned, they don't get the government handout. It all has to be privately paid for (e.g. members pay to get sexually harassed in a toilet cubical).

for those who did not hear 'the ticket' today, I will podcast up when it is posted and transcribe key moments.

nothing wrong with it, although any site can always be improved.

APU has meetings with govt agencies in coming weeks.