• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That's cool mate. I do feel that a public bitching is worth a public apology but only you can make it right and since it doesn't involve me, all concerned parties should make peace and move on.

A newsletter will be ok, static information that can't be criticised directly might be better than being open to scrutiny and inviting challenge, the downside is that unsure people (such as myself) won't be able to make decisions based on content because I don't pay for propaganda.

As I said, I like you Sparty, just try to be better (than me)

Will be doing an APU comp this year. Thats of course they can get thier act together and organise said comps like PA do very well.

If they can do this, would be deadly for PA.

Else i might do GPC push/pull end of year, of do another comp at Black Flag Barbell.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Will be doing an APU comp this year. Thats of course they can get thier act together and organise said comps like PA do very well.

If they can do this, would be deadly for PA.

Else i might do GPC push/pull end of year, of do another comp at Black Flag Barbell.

Great to hear. Would like to get your impressions of how it was run and your general thoughts once it's all over.

Great to have another member walking the walk, and not just pretending to be a competitive lifter.

Would be good to post up your training leading up to the comp too, once you have a firm date set. APU seem to be using experienced comp organisers (e.g. Max Bristow and others, maybe Stiffy if someone doesn't hand grenade it over non existent rules) so it should go well. Or if you go with another fed, it would still good to get your impressions for other lifters here.

Since I, as part of the new APU rat pack, have been authorised to now run the APU thread, I would like to start by thanking my two fellow board members, Stiffy and Gerry, for their inspiration and ongoing fellowship.

That out of the way, I would like to announce that Western Australia, long regarded as a separate country and/or part of Bali, has it's own APU "chapter". Their State Powerlifting Championships will be held on Sunday 1st September 2019 (so OK, it's a year away, but better than never). You can buy tickets for the event from 1 June 2019.

Second announcement (thank you Stiffy and Gerry for your tireless support) is that the APU Perth Open will be held on Sunday 12th May 2019 with tickets sale on 1 February 2019. Any APU member can compete, but since it's cheaper to fly to NZ, I doubt that any but local members will be competing. Hopefully they will get their chit together enough to have a live stream. No news on that yet. I will check with my secret APU board member to see if I can get more details. More to come.

Ooooh!!! Mr. Peevly!!

More news.

2019 APU WA Cup will be held on Sunday 17th February 2019. Tickets on sale on 1 November. It will be held at PTC Perth. Hopefully the owner, janitor and mailman will all be signed up as non lifter members.

Newsflash!!!

Anti-doping conducted in WA!!!

at the WA Open, a number of “in-competition“ tests were conducted by Professional Worldwide Controls (PWC) who are an independent ISO certified Anti Doping service provider. APU has engaged the services of PWC to conduct tests (both in-competition and out-of-competition) on behalf of the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) who strictly adhere to all WADA regulations and guidelines. APU has zero tolerance for athletes who wish to engage in doping activities to gain an unfair advantage. As such, APU remains steadfast in its rigorous approach to ensuring all members, whether they be local competitors through to elite international lifters, enjoy the sport of Powerlfiting in a fair environment.

This comes from another secret source, a "deep background" contact where I get all the very latest official APU news (not the rumours that "others" spread).

You can slide in on the DM's I'm getting here:

Secret Sauce (prolly soy)

Haha too funny. :D

Updates with a touch of humour. Can't ask for more than that!

why-does-facebook-give-me-the-option-to-like-my-own-status-of-course-i-like-my-status-im-freaking-hi.jpg

Wilks...
Pa....
IPF....

Looks like they may have kissed and made up.

Dun dun duuun.

News flash
We've seen you you woody, definitely not sexy. (Or hilarious)

You have hurt my feelings. I identify as sexy and you must accept that and refer to me as such when you speak to me or about me. #metoo. #lgbtqh (last one is "hairy").

You obviously have not seen me in my pink mankini. I would be sex personified if body hair and a dad bod came back into fashion.

zardoz.jpg

Wilks...
Pa....
IPF....

Looks like they may have kissed and made up.

Dun dun duuun.

I don't think that Gaston and the IPF losing the Luxembourg court case is "making up". What's happened, although details are yet to be released, is that tossing PA out of the IPF has, in itself, been tossed out as illegal. So now PA is, superficially, back in as an IPF division, but not World Powerlifting.

Next step is to see what PA/Wilks does with that win. Maybe Wilks and WP no longer need the IPF. We shall see.