• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I will join. Want to compete later in the year when i can spend some time benching heavy again.
Until then im likely to do a Push/Pull (for the deadlift portion) comp thats coming up at warrior Performance. I trust that APU wont be outstandingly upset with me when i join after that comp. :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

APU will have no out of competition testing then?

who said that, not true.

Um. OK. My understanding of the drug testing situation with APU is:

Under the ASADA Act, drug testing (subsidied), all the whizz bangery of the ASADA experience including TUE's, the Whereabouts system, dealing with positive test results including hearings and appeals, etc can only be done with athletes under the umbrella of an organization that has support/recognition from the ASC (as in, having government support/approval). At this stage, only PA has that recognition. That may change, but also, that may not change. I don't know if the ASC has the ability to recognize more than one organization in any given sport. If they don't, unless something big happens behind the scenes, APU may have very real issues getting drug testing, at least via ASADA.

Considering the IPF has a serious boner for the Olympics, and is successfully jumping through all the hoops to get approval (e.g. they got into the world games) and if shitty non olympic quality sports like tennis, golf and swimming already have a place, and that powerlifting is already in the olympics via the paralympics, there is a very good chance that down the track powerlifting will be accepted by the IOC, much to the chagrin of all the haters and whiney nay-sayers. Then, the IPF will have to show that every single country entering athletes into the olympics will have to meet certain criteria, including drug testing, possibly by the approved body in each country. Remember, the IOC is run by bureaucrats, even if they are sometimes ex-olympians. They will want everything stamped and approved.

If APU does not get "proper" drug testing in place in the next couple of years, they will be stuck.

Story of APU struggle to get domestic drug testing is on NewsRadio this Sunday 11am.

the show is 'The Ticket' hosted by leading sports journalist Tracey Holmes

I will join. Want to compete later in the year when i can spend some time benching heavy again.
Until then im likely to do a Push/Pull (for the deadlift portion) comp thats coming up at warrior Performance. I trust that APU wont be outstandingly upset with me when i join after that comp. :)

No not all. The APU allows this
Only national representatives for APU will be subject to restrictions where they compete although all APU members are subject to drug testing

Um. OK. My understanding of the drug testing situation with APU is:

Under the ASADA Act, drug testing (subsidied), all the whizz bangery of the ASADA experience including TUE's, the Whereabouts system, dealing with positive test results including hearings and appeals, etc can only be done with athletes under the umbrella of an organization that has support/recognition from the ASC (as in, having government support/approval). At this stage, only PA has that recognition. That may change, but also, that may not change. I don't know if the ASC has the ability to recognize more than one organization in any given sport. If they don't, unless something big happens behind the scenes, APU may have very real issues getting drug testing, at least via ASADA.

Considering the IPF has a serious boner for the Olympics, and is successfully jumping through all the hoops to get approval (e.g. they got into the world games) and if shitty non olympic quality sports like tennis, golf and swimming already have a place, and that powerlifting is already in the olympics via the paralympics, there is a very good chance that down the track powerlifting will be accepted by the IOC, much to the chagrin of all the haters and whiney nay-sayers. Then, the IPF will have to show that every single country entering athletes into the olympics will have to meet certain criteria, including drug testing, possibly by the approved body in each country. Remember, the IOC is run by bureaucrats, even if they are sometimes ex-olympians. They will want everything stamped and approved.

If APU does not get "proper" drug testing in place in the next couple of years, they will be stuck.

as usual, you only tell half the story.

what about all of the IAAF nations that barely have any testing. testing for drugs in sport in a world of very different countries is much more complex and difficult than you suggest.

but hey, you are entitled to your opinion. all power to you kevin aitken

Where will peeps like Wooly go if P.A. isn't IPF sanctioned?

stiffy, kevin Aitken has already joined apu. he is competing in world raw champs. please pay attention.

gerry belshaw came and he went. oh well, he always has pa and the new world fed to compete in. I noticed new fed site still not up. :(

He'd have never improved on his total anyway our Gerry. Poor lad.

as usual, you only tell half the story.

It's not my story. I'm summarizing the situation as it is. It's not my opinion or even my viewpoint. It's what the real world situation is right now. Just some facts that others on the forum may not be aware of.

e.g. To say that Donald Trump is president and is having a difficult time (Stormy, Russia, Guliani, etc, etc, etc,) is not my opinion . It's how the situation is at the moment.

So stop trying to politicize my input.

what about all of the IAAF nations that barely have any testing. testing for drugs in sport in a world of very different countries is much more complex and difficult than you suggest.

Yes, it is. That's my point dumbass. It's far more complex and difficult, not as I suggest, but as it stands in the real world. Getting ASADA drug testing for a second fed in one sport is, as far as I know, difficult if not impossible.

How many ASADA drug tested powerlifting federations are there in Australia? One (1). It's PA. Why not CAPO or any of the other feds? Because, despite having a token frownie, re drug use, in their constitutions, none of them can (or are willing to) get ASADA on board.

Now, before you spew forth more invective and get all pissy, understand that I'm not against APU, or anyone else for that matter, having ASADA backing/registration. I'm just pointing out that APU is having a difficult time getting drug testing sorted in the short term. They may never be able to get ASADA backing, but that just means they have to implement a private company to do it all for them. So, no government subisdy. Expect big jumps in entry fees, if that's the case.

But, without guessing or wishing for anything, at the moment the fact is that APU is not drug tested, neither in or out of comp. That's not an opinion, it's not something I like, it's not anything to do with my personal opinion. It's just how it is at the moment while the APU gets off the ground.

So, stop being so butt hurt and stick to the facts.

P.S. How's the training going?

Last edited:
yes, it is funny given his past comments

????

tumblr_n0jzcvJTv21qddfl9o1_500.gif