• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I have explained my reasoning to the APU. I will leave it that.

you are free to offer your argument to the apu.

as far as I am concerned, and this is my opinion only, anyone seeking to be associated with the APU mst also adhere to the APU rules. this requires apu membership.

you really have no reason not to join, but that is up to you.

I won’t be arguing with anyone lol.

My wife has offered her help and experience (she runs all of our meets), and APU knows I won’t be personally becoming a member for her to do that.

If the APU declines, that will be unfortunate.

But, Our meet is penciled in and tickets will be going out next week, hopefully it can be your first APU meet Sparty xx

this is not personal scott.

it is about covering all bases and making sure no perception can arises from anyone being involved in the APU.

I want your gym to be involved, but I believe strongly that all gym owners have to be subject to the same rules if they are involved with APU. this requires a membership.

if the apu was to start allowing any member of another fed to run apu comps, while they compete in another with vastly different rules, the asc would be hardly impressed.

as the apu is seeking asc accreditation, and is committed to the highest possible standards in terms of its testing, it is essential that all people who are involved must also be subject to the same rules as ordinary members.

it is not personal, it is merely covering any loophole when such a situation arises.

I know it’s not personal mate haha.

I just think ANY fed would be mad to not accept our help/services/experience.

Everyone has seen what we do, and the standards we do it.

We obviously have invested interests in seeing APU flourish, which is why we contacted the APU to begin with :)

while i cant predict how all individuals/parties would react to such a sitation, including the ASC, i suspect there are people that would seek to exploit the situation in terms of perception.

i merely try and offer the best possibel advice i can in order for the apu to cover all bases.

I know exactly what your talking about.

But the perceptions that could be put forward, are not factual, so irrelevant, to me anyway :)

now if asc was to approve such a powerlifting meeting, as has been arranged/proposed, then all would be okay.

now if asc was to approve such a powerlifting meeting, as has been arranged/proposed, then all would be okay.

I’m ignorant to what ASC has to do with it?

can you explain why they have a say in where a comp can be held? I honestly have no idea.

That would be a real pain if you had to constantly run things through other bodies.

gpc is much simpler, we just do what we want haha

'
just cough up $120 and all will be cool. I can pay half for you if you want.

Why though? I’m not the meet director, and don’t have anything to do with the meet apart from being a beneficiary of the trust that owns the venue

I’m ignorant to what ASC has to do with it?

can you explain why they have a say in where a comp can be held? I honestly have no idea.

That would be a real pain if you had to constantly run things through other bodies.

gpc is much simpler, we just do what we want haha

well if you want to get asc accreditation, you have to do everything to show why you are the appropriate federation to promote drug free powerlifting. logical really.

while you may not know this, the apu is in communication with various govt agencies that would expect the APU to cover all bases, as does the ipf of which the APU is an affiliate of.

Why though? I’m not the meet director, and don’t have anything to do with the meet apart from being a beneficiary of the trust that owns the venue

yes, but you part own gym that will be using apu name, even if you are providing a benefit.

you are also a senior player of another federation.

simple solution is to be member of both.

the apu will contact asc to see if there is some possible solution.

I hope your gym hosts the apu comp, believe me.

... I argue it is absolutely crucial that all gym people who want to host gym comps are apu members.'

... I am merely offering my argument.

there is nothing stopping you being a member of the apu and gpc.

Um. OK. Hey, @Sticky, you don't seem to realize that all sporting venues and venues where powerlifting meets are held, have to have their owners or managers paid up members in order to rent out space. That's why the local RSL has to pony up membership money to rent out a room. Right?

So, this is not APU regulation, it's some dipstick pushing for it.

Lets say Gerry, aka @stronkmanlet, who has quietly left Oz for greener (literally) pastures and is a PA member, has left behind a large warehouse/shed that is being cared for by Barak Obama. Now, the APU needs just such a venue at that location for a local meet. They agree on a modest fee (maybe even free).

By the above "logic", Gerry has to become an APU member to run the comp there. Even though he is not involved. He just happens to own the property. Further, Barak Obama, who runs the place for Gerry, also has to become a member because he's the one handing over the keys for the day and organizing the incoming lifting gear and such. Stacking up on toilet paper, paper cups and vuvuzelas.

Now, rules are rules and if this were a rule I would understand. But it's not logical and probably not ethical or moral. Not to mention totally retarded (no offence to LGBTQR people).

I'm pretty sure the managers of sporting venues don't have to join the NRL or NFL or RSL bowling league in order to provide a venue for use.

Here we have PA taking baby steps towards sensible rules (5 year masters classes, no need for jockey style underwear, etc) while our new APU fed is being pushed to consider taking 5 steps back into the dark ages.

I call horseshit.