• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WoodyAllen

A new international federation was announced at the Sydney Fitness show this past weekend. No further details at hand (as I wasn't there) but the emphasis seems to be on drug testing across the board. No exemptions for some countries (e.g Icarus, watch it on Netflix) and, at least an intention, of no corruption/payoffs.

Oh, and the announcement was made by Robert Wilks, president of the non IPF affiliated Powerlifting Australia.

Will be interesting to see who, internationally, joins ship.

The negative I see from this is the further dilution of the lifting pool. But we shall see what happens.

I'm also assuming that the pending court cases between PA/Wilks and the IPF are for political points now as I guess PA doesn't need the IPF any more.

it is going to make a very interesting story given all of the documents I have concerning Australian powerlifting and drug testing. stay tuned.

Hehe.

Was wilks a user one time in the old days?

Heard from a friend.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What's the bet that this new federation will consist mainly of Pacific Island nations that rely on subsidies from here to compete internationally.

I'm surprised at the amount of support Wilks has from a bunch of Australian lifters, especially given that he's suing the APU guy out of sheer spite, and has created another federation to further dilute the pool of lifters and lower the public profile of powerlifting even further.

Their world championships are being held in the USA. I would like to know who over there has joined ranks. Maybe a subset of the USAPL? They would have to be squeaky clean to have Wilks accept them.

I am assuming that Gaston of the IPF did not have 100% backing when he spat the dummy and ejected Australia in order to get at Wilks. I can see this causing a few ripples. I wonder what Marcos thinks of all this.....

Things are getting ridiculous now..
Was just beginning to enjoy watching the IPF worlds streams, and now it's going to be split :(

I'll just enjoy the US Open then, at least it unifies up to everyone outside of the IPF.

Things are getting ridiculous now..
Was just beginning to enjoy watching the IPF worlds streams, and now it's going to be split :(

I'll just enjoy the US Open then, at least it unifies up to everyone outside of the IPF.

I agree.

I'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I can't see the new fed being bigger then the IPF, not that I really care.
I want to see APU get off the ground, I think that will be good for the IPF in Australia.