• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

<ULTRA-MEGA>

F.U.B.A.R.
it's like a barbell front delt raise, except you raise the barbell all the way over head.
so do a barbell front raise and extend all the way up until overhead starting from front/waist finish over head. if it's an actual exercise, what is the name of it?

also isn't this exercise a pretty good test of strength? if you build up to using decent weight with strict form (i consider military press to be the ultimate)

It's a barbell front raise but most people stop at about eye level. I am going to do them in my next program as an accessory to strengthen shoulders for bench press.

It's a barbell front raise but most people stop at about eye level. I am going to do them in my next program as an accessory to strengthen shoulders for bench press.
you do them full rom to over head?

what do you think about barbell cuban press? my shoulders feel good with them.

you do them full rom to over head?

No, never overhead. I do shoulder dislocates with bands. That's the only thing I do that's similar.

I had to watch the cuban press on YouTube, never hear of it it before. It looks good for shoulder mobility / strength.

it's like a barbell front delt raise, except you raise the barbell all the way over head.
so do a barbell front raise and extend all the way up until overhead starting from front/waist finish over head. if it's an actual exercise, what is the name of it?

also isn't this exercise a pretty good test of strength? if you build up to using decent weight with strict form (i consider military press to be the ultimate)
It's not an exercise that you can go heavy with, they are good for ruining your shoulders and wrists though.

Its official name is the Barbell High Front Lateral Raise or the BHFLR. Its not a good exercise to test strength for. MP is a great strength tester.

Some people do this with a plate rather than barbell.

Dinner Plate?

Barbell Cuban Press looks great, can't hit shoulders better than that. Good for the rotator cuff, but i'd be making sure your nice and lubricated first.

Last edited:
Barbell Cuban Press looks great, can't hit shoulders better than that. Good for the rotator cuff, but i'd be making sure your nice and lubricated first.

i've just been doing them lately every working on my shoulder stability and mobility. just using 1.5metre piec of metal pipe. i do a retractd and protracted band pull aparts and scapluar wall press and prone T's i believe i will press again some day. i need to start again with just the bar and micro load 500g every week on my lifts. i can never squat again tho becaeus of knees destroyed. mayb deadlift but my joint and connective tissues recovery isn't therr anymker.

i've just been doing them lately every working on my shoulder stability and mobility. just using 1.5metre piec of metal pipe. i do a retractd and protracted band pull aparts and scapluar wall press and prone T's i believe i will press again some day. i need to start again with just the bar and micro load 500g every week on my lifts. i can never squat again tho becaeus of knees destroyed. mayb deadlift but my joint and connective tissues recovery isn't therr anymker.

Great mate. Those other exercises seem like Physio and Chiro type exercises, keep doing them. With patience and healing you may very well press again as you say, just give it time and patience. Micro loading is fine, nothing wrong with that. I blew my knee out about 6 months or so ago and couldn't do one squat it hurt that bad, but i didn't let it hinder my training at all. In fact i said fuck this shit i'm gona go even harder balls to wall and keep lifting and i did and still am. Basically after i blew the knee out i still trained legs but did inclined treadmill, cycling, ski machine and stair machine for two weeks, then slowly moved over to vertical leg press for 3 weeks and upped the weight each session. Then did my first set of body weight squats after this, and ever so slowly added weight until one day there was no pain at all like it never happened. Tell you what those cardio machines like the stair master are fucken awesome, they give a good deep burn in the quads.

Seems kinda superflous to presses and normal raises. Plus it you would be in a high degree of external/internal rotation depend if it was over or under handin a fixed position and i know that would definately tweak something for me