• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spartacus

does anyone know what is going on.

i got this response from the Court of Arbitration Sport about the PA appeal.

can you help me out Gerry given your PA contacts.

I believe Mr. Lewis is referring to case CAS 2017A/5419 Powerlifting Australia , Oceania Powerlifting Federation, and Mr. Robert Wilks v. International Powerlifting Federation. [FONT="wf_segoe-ui_normal"][/FONT] [FONT="wf_segoe-ui_normal"][/FONT]This is a governance-related dispute concerning the role of the Appellants within the International Powerlifting Federation (“IPF”) (the Appellants, led by Mr. Wilks, were removed from their seats on the IPF Executive Board and Anti-Doping Committee and now seek to return to this post). [FONT="wf_segoe-ui_normal"][/FONT] [FONT="wf_segoe-ui_normal"][/FONT]The Appellants moved for preliminary relief at the CAS but such request was denied. On agreement of the parties, the procedure is suspended in favour of a parallel procedure in the Luxembourg Courts (where the Appellants filed a separate action against the IPF. I do not have any further information about the Luxembourg proceedings. [FONT="wf_segoe-ui_normal"][/FONT] [FONT="wf_segoe-ui_normal"][/FONT]So in short, there is no hearing in this procedure scheduled with the CAS, and for the time being, the procedure is suspended.

oh, ok. you think I should ask wilks. should not you as a member and mate ask wilks.

I am only reporting what the court of arbitration told me.

I thought powerlifting was nationwide. I know pa has comps in qld.

Gerry, emails can travel throughout the word instantaneously. just saying.

2000km from Melbourne?

What an interesting way to describe such a thing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yep like it or not,its an advantage to be living in melbourne or the surrounding area.More comps.The masters nats are held in melbs

Last edited:
I thought powerlifting was nationwide. I know pa has comps in qld.

Gerry, emails can travel throughout the word instantaneously. just saying.

Brisbane is ages away,i think they have 2 comps a yr up in rockhampton.I yearn for the days i could catch an easy train ride to hawthorne.

yep like it or not,its an advantage to be living in melbourne or the surrounding area.More comps.The masters nats are held in melbs
Yeah makes sense. Kind of have to make a holiday out of it eh.

I went to melbourne for 2013 gpc nats. Was a great little trip actually. Love Melbourne. Competed, then spent two more nights there getting Pissed haha

I suppose I will have to research courts lists in
Luxembourg
to find out when court case will be on.

Yeah makes sense. Kind of have to make a holiday out of it eh.

I went to melbourne for 2013 gpc nats. Was a great little trip actually. Love Melbourne. Competed, then spent two more nights there getting Pissed haha

i reckon its a great place,i spent most of my life in country towns so getting out and exploring the city was a real eye opener

i reckon its a great place,i spent most of my life in country towns so getting out and exploring the city was a real eye opener
Yeah it is.

I grew up in Wollonging which was alot quieter 30 years ago....

Moving to sydney what, 13 years ago was a massive head spin. City just didnt sleep compared to wollongong.