• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
btw, like qld and act weightlifting which are also wada complaint, the apu has a one month membership who want to try the sport but are not sure about joining for a year initially.

Taylor Attwood also. Though honestly not sure on his drug free status anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What about that kiwi Gibbs, IPF drug tested, 320kg or there about a DL at 83kg. Pretty impressive.

He's a stronk phukker alright. He just missed Gold at the world championships in 2016 in Texas. He was beaten by John Haack who immediately left the IPF to do comps where there was prize money.

What about that kiwi Gibbs, IPF drug tested, 320kg or there about a DL at 83kg. Pretty impressive.

just an amazing powerlifter.Hes got stiff competition this year,from the guy who beat him by 1.5 kgs last yr(who incidentally has failed drugs tests)and a guy called Russell Orhii.Check out Brett and Russell on youtube.

how can you fail a drug test and compete again next year. was it a flu tablet?

im not sure how it works bro,his name is Ulan from khazakstan i think?no im sure if i recall correctly he got done for roids but a few yrs ago so served his suspension.Im basing this off memory so could be wrong

Gibbs was leading by miles but messed up his deadlift,whereas Ulan who has a great sumo pulled 325 for the win.But kinda unfair hes even allowed to compete in the first place.

If referring to dbs viets, that was not ran by a federation or by a powerlifting organisation
Rules are rules. If that's the rule, then that's the rule, charity or not. Same goes for other athletes in other sports. Even beauty pageants like bodybuilder comps have similar rules.

Funny how all the negative talk comes from those who just talk.

If referring to dbs viets, that was not ran by a federation or by a powerlifting organisation
Well, there is thise guys. Actually probably won PA a few extra new members there. Then were made an example of....by the organization that they actually helped get quite a number of new members. Fucken stupid. All they did was load some plates and help out. Thats next level retarded scum bullshit.

But i was talking about guys having some fun with thier mates at Adonis. Amir made a great post about it too. Next level fucken stupid to threaten people with bans like that.

Then there is the Ed Coan incedent in Europe....
Greatest powerlifter to ever live wanting to share his VAST knowledge...but oh because he was banned...no ipf guys can ever go near him. What a farce lol.

Then there is this guy you talk about above who beat Gibbs. He can compete....but good kunce cant go and throw some weight around with thier mates for a fucke unreal cause and raise some proper cash for said cause...just because.

Anyone who supports all that fucken bullshit, can go and jump in the fucken ocean.

Is the IPF that has recently decided NOT to test Every single record breaker and world champion this year?? Or was it IWF. I cant remember. Was on a podcast, i listen to both.

Then there is the Ed Coan incedent in Europe....
Greatest powerlifter to ever live wanting to share his VAST knowledge...but oh because he was banned...no ipf guys can ever go near him. What a farce lol.

Then there is this guy you talk about above who beat Gibbs. He can compete....but good kunce cant go and throw some weight around with thier mates for a fucke unreal cause and raise some proper cash for said cause...just because.

The difference is that Coan has a lifetime ban due to multiple drug test fails. As he said in a podcast, no one knew how long it took for Deca to clear from your system (that's not word for word quote, just a summation).

The other guy had a drug ban which he served out. (You don't get a lifetime ban for a first time fail and often, depending on the offence, don't get a full 4 year ban.) It may have been a short ban, such as being pinged for a stimulant, but not sure. Either way, as I said, you don't get a permanent ban for your first fail. Just like in the justice system where a first time offender does not normally get the full sentence. Anyhoo, he did the crime and did the time. He is now back competing and would be a sure target for repeat tests, win or lose.

I don't see a problem with PA's rules (same as IPF rules) at all. It's not like PA is the only fed around. If you want to do stuff that's against the rules, just join anyone else who allow anything and everything. You know, no drug testing, monolift, wraps counting as raw, shitting judging, multiply, thin bendy deadlift bars, etc. That's what Chleo Van Wyk did.

Last edited:
The difference is that Coan has a lifetime ban due to multiple drug test fails. As he said in a podcast, no one knew how long it took for Deca to clear from your system (that's not word for word quote, just a summation).

The other guy had a drug ban which he served out. (You don't get a lifetime ban for a first time fail and often, depending on the offence, don't get a full 4 year ban.) It may have been a short ban, such as being pinged for a stimulant, but not sure. Either way, as I said, you don't get a permanent ban for your first fail. Just like in the justice system where a first time offender does not normally get the full sentence. Anyhoo, he did the crime and did the time. He is now back competing and would be a sure target for repeat tests, win or lose.

I don't see a problem with PA's rules (same as IPF rules) at all. It's not like PA is the only fed around. If you want to do stuff that's against the rules, just join anyone else who allow anything and everything. You know, no drug testing, monolift, wraps counting as raw, shitting judging, multiply, thin bendy deadlift bars, etc. That's what Chleo Van Wyk did.
Lifetime ban on competing.

Thats fine. He accepts that it is what it is.

But why stop people from learning from one the greatest technicians of our sport?

Ive been fortunate to meet the man on a few different occasions, and i was met by noone other than a proper gentleman. A truly great human being who will proclaim his lack of perfection in the history of his days.

Its actually just really petty not lifting an association ban on such a good bloke. Perhaps we should all just forget about him and let him and his knowledge fade into oblivion.