• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I take it there will be a live feed. about a month ago we watched 93kg division on big tv via you tube. a 53year old yank won.

I have never blown my trumpet about being a contender, I have always stated I am weak and was embarrassed when I was listed as a capo record holder.

I was talking about me, not you. But whatever.

you have a big mouth, good thing you are strong.

That's what all the women say.

good luck against the few lifters you are lifting against.

Same to you. Oh, you aren't competing. Well, that sure cuts down your competition.

Funny how in boxing you only have one competitor to be a world champ. In swimming you have about 7 or so. 100m sprint has 8-10. In Basketball you have 5. Last year I had 5 in my weight class, this year it's 6 (but that will change) plus I am competing against all M3's for best lifter which has 57 lifters. The reason that there is a limited number of masters lifters is that most are getting hip replacements, buying mobility scooters and playing the pokies. Not too many on this planet are willing to put in the time, effort, money, heart and soul that is required to be a half decent lifter, not to mention competing in a local or national comp or a world championship. If you had half the guts and determination of [MENTION=10608]Gerry[/MENTION] you would be actually getting away from your keyboard and doing something. Lets face it, at your age, you sure have no excuse.

if I feel like going in a powerlifting comp, I will. if I don't, I won't. simple as that really.

as a middle age person, main thing is I never stop training. I think I am in pretty good shape for my age and do not need a powerlifting comp record to prove anything, so please don't lecture me.

what a man you are, all those powerlifting comps. a real alpha male.

good on you.

Thank you.

I like powerlifting, but have never rated it is a tough sport to compete in. now playing footy is tough. even running is tougher as when the gun goes you better be ready.

Love it. Didn't realize what a great sense of humour you have. Hey, have you ever been at a comp and heard the ref call out, "The bar is loaded!"? No? Alrighty then.

those who have seen me compete in weightlifting and Olympic lifting, if they can ever remember my mediocre performances, will know I am a good competitor.

So, what is it, mediocre or good? I guess the former.

it is sensible, in my opinion, to compete only when you are ready. it s a not a crime to stay away from competition if you are not ready. I had one bozo tell my pain in my knee was in my head, only for a surgeon to tell me had stress fractures that were similar to those only experienced in a serious car crash. tbh, my squats have been down ever since and I still get pain in the knee area.

Absolutely agree with this. That's why I plan to start my fat loss diet next week, or next month, or prolly on New Years day 2019. Or whenever I'm ready cos its not a crime to delay something that I can start right phukkin now.

I am not fussed what you think bigmouth. keep pretending you are an alpha male. I know that you are not, like most males. of course, Gerry is an exception.
@Gerry and I are both silverback alpha stallions. We both got a medal from People magazine. So there.

Hey, isn't a big mouth someone who says they do but they don't? Or do I have that wrong? E.G. Muhammad Ali was a boaster, but not a big mouth. McGregor is a boaster and dickhead, but he's not a bigmouth. He competes, turns up, enters the ring, takes the punches and kicks. See where I'm going with this? This is why @Gerry will always be better than you.

It Is Not A Comp.

Its a bunch of good people lifting weights together. No winners. Only the charity wins.

No federation. No rules. No attemot amounts. Nothing. Go in. Max out with your mates. No weight classes. No affiliations.
Etc.

Banning someone for doing that and raising a bunch of dineros for a Great cause is very ****y and a great way to lose more members.

So in this case, there are no rules being broken, therefore no banning can make any sense.

Feel me?

Yes. I understand and agree, but as I said, rules are rules, no matter what the logic may be. You go 3km over the limit and you get a fine. Fair and reasonable? Maybe, maybe not. But it's the rules. 30 seconds over your allowed parking time? Fine. Appeal in the courts? You'll lose because that's the rules.

I agree with you on this. It may not be logical but that's the rules for that fed.

Oh, and i guess a national record holder is just a talker...

I should have made this more clear. My bad. I was not referring to you personally and probably would have been better in a separate post.

and you left pa after slagging off about those who opposed it.

no, you are not an alpha male.

3555226565_e559fdc8e7_o1.jpg

woody, I am glad you moved to apu, but I know it was entirely for self-interested reasons after you slagged off about all who opposed pa.

with tim, if he moves to apu or gpc in the future, I know he does for issues of real substance.

there is a clear difference between people which you notice from their comments and actions.

I repeat, you are not an alpha male, and you know it.

Yes. I understand and agree, but as I said, rules are rules, no matter what the logic may be. You go 3km over the limit and you get a fine. Fair and reasonable? Maybe, maybe not. But it's the rules. 30 seconds over your allowed parking time? Fine. Appeal in the courts? You'll lose because that's the rules.

I agree with you on this. It may not be logical but that's the rules for that fed.

I should have made this more clear. My bad. I was not referring to you personally and probably would have been better in a separate post.
Still trying to work out what rules are being broken?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

you are right tim, the ipf does not have rules against comps like the one you talk about.

that is why apu allows gyms to host comps for different feds, albeit there are still certain rules.

for example, ptc perth is hosting an apu comp, where the gym owner is an apu member and subject to apu rules. that gym also hosts gpc events.

woody, I am glad you moved to apu, but I know it was entirely for self-interested reasons after you slagged off about all who opposed pa.

with tim, if he moves to apu or gpc in the future, I know he does for issues of real substance.

there is a clear difference between people which you notice from their comments and actions.

I repeat, you are not an alpha male, and you know it.

you havent seen Kelvin deadlift,hes a machine bro.

are you serious Gerry, who cares. I have seen people deadlift much more. whoopee do anyway. am I supposed to be impressed.