• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Well, at least someone in this thread knows what they're talking about.

Bit difficult to compete in a PA event when it entails 3 flights totally 26 hours in air time and can't compete locally as a guest as PA are now listed as a "naughty fed". Then worlds is just 6 hour drive away so it's just a case of logistics. Not allowed to compete at worlds as a PA member, not allowed to compete as an independent athlete (as did in the olympics) so thats the only way to get the job done.

In June I will be hearing the announcer say, "The bar is loaded" while I chalk up. But Sparty will be on the couch saying that he "coulda been a contender if/but".

what a man you are, all those powerlifting comps. a real alpha male.

good on you.

I like powerlifting, but have never rated it is a tough sport to compete in. now playing footy is tough. even running is tougher as when the gun goes you better be ready.

those who have seen me compete in weightlifting and Olympic lifting, if they can ever remember my mediocre performances, will know I am a good competitor.

it is sensible, in my opinion, to compete only when you are ready. it s a not a crime to stay away from competition if you are not ready. I had one bozo tell my pain in my knee was in my head, only for a surgeon to tell me had stress fractures that were similar to those only experienced in a serious car crash. tbh, my squats have been down ever since and I still get pain in the knee area.

I am not fussed what you think bigmouth. keep pretending you are an alpha male. I know that you are not, like most males. of course, Gerry is an exception.

First I heard of APU, I thought PA was the IPF affiliate. I need to figure all this stuff out, they don't make it simple. The APU website looks more professional that the PA one.

First I heard of APU, I thought PA was the IPF affiliate. I need to figure all this stuff out, they don't make it simple. The APU website looks more professional that the PA one.

I hope you go with APU. my opinion is that it will be a great federation. it has a very good president and committee that will do their utmost to promote the sport and interact with its members as a wada complaint federation.

the apu will seek to make every effort to unite the powerlifting community while remaining absolutely committed to drug free sport. there is simply no need to alienate others. I have met decent people jn all feds.

that is my honest opinion and I hope to contribute in some way.

for your information, pa and Robert wilks were voted out of the ipf by an overwhelming majority of member nations.

while pa has appealed, the apu is the provisional Australian affiliate of the ipf.

for your information, pa and Robert wilks were voted out of the ipf by an overwhelming majority of member nations.

while pa has appealed, the apu is the provisional Australian affiliate of the ipf.
Oh yeah fair enough. I don't follow powerlifting outside of a few guys on youtube who compete. I am in no rush to join, but it is a goal to compete, so I'm trying to figure out how it works. If PA successfully appeals does APU continue to exist? Like can there be 2 of them at the same time.

Rules are rules. If that's the rule, then that's the rule, charity or not. Same goes for other athletes in other sports. Even beauty pageants like bodybuilder comps have similar rules.

Funny how all the negative talk comes from those who just talk.

It Is Not A Comp.

Its a bunch of good people lifting weights together. No winners. Only the charity wins.

No federation. No rules. No attemot amounts. Nothing. Go in. Max out with your mates. No weight classes. No affiliations.
Etc.

Banning someone for doing that and raising a bunch of dineros for a Great cause is very ****y and a great way to lose more members.

So in this case, there are no rules being broken, therefore no banning can make any sense.

Feel me?

Oh, and i guess a national record holder is just a talker...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oh yeah fair enough. I don't follow powerlifting outside of a few guys on youtube who compete. I am in no rush to join, but it is a goal to compete, so I'm trying to figure out how it works. If PA successfully appeals does APU continue to exist? Like can there be 2 of them at the same time.

yes, two or more feds will always exist.

but the apu will remain the ipf affiliate if the appeal is heard and dismissed.

a good thing about apu is that your 12 month membership starts from date you join.

a good thing about apu is that your 12 month membership starts from date you join.
Thats how a membership should be.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OK cool, thanks for the info. APU look good and they've got a meet near Newcastle which is what I need. It's happening too early for me this year (May), but I will keep checking. I'll probably start looking into joining during the 2nd half of the year.

nationals are in Newcastle in October, so come and watch at least. if you want to compete, however, you will need to do a comp prior. not sure if their is a qualifying total for youngsters.

375434d02fe529a890c1a3fe7f178ff7.jpg

Sorry, couldn’t resist.
Carry on.

nationals are in Newcastle in October, so come and watch at least. if you want to compete, however, you will need to do a comp prior. not sure if their is a qualifying total for youngsters.
Good idea, I think I'll do that. Would be good to check a meet out before competing.

what a man you are, all those powerlifting comps. a real alpha male.

good on you.

I like powerlifting, but have never rated it is a tough sport to compete in. now playing footy is tough. even running is tougher as when the gun goes you better be ready.

those who have seen me compete in weightlifting and Olympic lifting, if they can ever remember my mediocre performances, will know I am a good competitor.

it is sensible, in my opinion, to compete only when you are ready. it s a not a crime to stay away from competition if you are not ready. I had one bozo tell my pain in my knee was in my head, only for a surgeon to tell me had stress fractures that were similar to those only experienced in a serious car crash. tbh, my squats have been down ever since and I still get pain in the knee area.

I am not fussed what you think bigmouth. keep pretending you are an alpha male. I know that you are not, like most males. of course, Gerry is an exception.

Woody is an alpha male.