• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
what had it got to do with how much I can do. just stick to the argument over which exercise is better.

personally, I think a quality physique or all round strength requires a variety of lifts for each muscle group/area.

In some cases the bench press could be a better option depending on the mechanics of the shoulder.

the bench press is a good exercise but the rom is limited by the bar, which also means more weight can be used which gives the illusion that it makes you stronger, using the bench exclusively will in time fuck up the shoulders.

In some cases the bench press could be a better option depending on the mechanics of the shoulder.

the bench press is a good exercise but the rom is limited by the bar, which also means more weight can be used which gives the illusion that it makes you stronger, using the bench exclusively will in time fuck up the shoulders.

Do you think dips could ruin shoulders in time as well? This is interesting as i was researching into Behind The Neck Shoulder Presses recently. This is an old school exercise that many nowadays stay away from and stick to in front of the neck press only. Then i researched further and it appears the best method is to do both in front and behind the neck. And once again like many exercises, the reason some people got injured doing behind the neck presses was a mixture of bad form, going to heavy too soon and too lower rep range just to name a few. Seems the tried and trusted old school exercises keep on coming back as they were good back then and they still are good.

I did press behind the neck for years. now it feels weird.

I actually like the feel of Arnold presses best for my shoulders in terms of pressing

I did a few behind the neck when i was younger, but nothing much came from it. Now i started again 3 weeks ago doing behind and in front and it feels good so far. I really love the power feeling of driving that weight straight up into the air and then bringing it back down nice and slowly into a fixed position or resting on my traps then driving it back up again. Behind the neck press feels better than bench for me, there's something about it and i think that is that i'm contracting my whole upper body much more due to having to hold my shoulders and whole upper body in a contracted state throughout the whole movement.

that is the beauty of bb exercises. you can always do something different and still work a muscle area.

I have a shoulder injury, but variety of exercise helps me work around it.

Do you think dips could ruin shoulders in time as well? This is interesting as i was researching into Behind The Neck Shoulder Presses recently. This is an old school exercise that many nowadays stay away from and stick to in front of the neck press only. Then i researched further and it appears the best method is to do both in front and behind the neck. And once again like many exercises, the reason some people got injured doing behind the neck presses was a mixture of bad form, going to heavy too soon and too lower rep range just to name a few. Seems the tried and trusted old school exercises keep on coming back as they were good back then and they still are good.

The bradford press was a popular exercise.

it comes down to the the width of the shoulders and the collar bone, some will experience bad impingement, I think the position of the hand is key here and the one arm DB press is a good solution for people suffering with impingement.

in fact the one arm press teaches good pressing, it’s one thing that Arnold contributed unknowingly with his (Arnold press) turning the hand is good for the shoulder as in it eliminates the congestion at the shoulder.

If a Man weighing 85kg can dip 12 good full rom controlled rep’s ( 2-1-4) rep cadence which roughly equates to 1min:20sec with 40 around his waste would you think he is strong and muscular?

ive never seen it.
id love to see it.

If a Man weighing 85kg can dip 12 good full rom controlled rep’s ( 2-1-4) rep cadence which roughly equates to 1min:20sec with 40 around his waste would you think he is strong and muscular?

ive never seen it.
id love to see it.

whoopee do, just one of a hundred ways to measure impressive strength.

ive never seen it.
id love to see it.

go watch a ballet class, they are big on cadence.

ive never seen it.
id love to see it.
I weigh a bit more than that but I think I could get very close.