• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think grunta was right in the sense the thread was about what you do for training, not slagging off about others.

I thought similar. sorry von.

I think grunta was right in the sense the thread was about what you do for training, not slagging off about others.

I thought similar. sorry von.

Who is this? Where's the old Spartacus, you know, the one with the hair trigger and forked tongue?

This nicer gentler Spartacus is hard to fathom.

I understand completely what you’re saying.
So in a week, Monday to Sunday, in the 168 hours, how many of these hours would you spend training?

This is what irritates me about you.
if you had of read my posts you could have worked that out yourself, you asking me this question leads me to believe, your just trolling.

Question:

Can you or should you train smaller muscles more frequently since they recover faster and do not tax the CNS anywhere near as much?
For instance bicep curls or rear self flys hardly tax the cns where as squats and deads are brutal.
Therefore I could train biceps 4-5 times per week and quads 1-2?

Question:

Can you or should you train smaller muscles more frequently since they recover faster and do not tax the CNS anywhere near as much?
For instance bicep curls or rear self flys hardly tax the cns where as squats and deads are brutal.
Therefore I could train biceps 4-5 times per week and quads 1-2?

Yeah why not, if your goal is to get extra growth in those areas. I also find having strong levers helps in doing heavy chest, back and shoulders. This is another reason to keep your biceps, triceps and forearms strong. So rather than your arms failing first, instead you can push beyond until your large target muscles fail which is the point to begin with. 4-5 times pw is pushing it, maybe 2-4 times pw max.

but lager muscle groups also train smaller groups. back with biceps, chest with triceps.

Yep so chest twice per week with triceps and then triceps on 2 further occasions.
Back twice with biceps and then biceps on 2 further occasions etc etc.

Yeah why not, if your goal is to get extra growth in those areas. I also find having strong levers helps in doing heavy chest, back and shoulders. This is another reason to keep your biceps, triceps and forearms strong. So rather than your arms failing first, instead you can push beyond until your large target muscles fail which is the point to begin with. 4-5 times pw is pushing it, maybe 2-4 times pw max.

Not in those areas specifically. I aim for growth everywhere. [emoji3]

if you had of read my posts you could have worked that out yourself, you asking me this question leads me to believe, your just trolling.

Answer the fuken question.

You train every 38-72 hours, for how long?
You make it sound like you have the secret to building muscle yet you don’t look like it.
So, how many hours out of the 168 a week do you spend training? I’m genuinely interested to know.
If you say less than 3 hours a week and you come close to results of a 7 to 8 hour split routine, I’m impressed, I’ll drive out and will train with you if you let me.

I can’t be fucked working out out from your encrypted post the hours you spend training, nor do I give a fuck what irritates you about me.

If you really have an efficient way, tell me how long you train daily, and if you really have the efficiency worked out so well, I’m in for the learning.
Which means I shut up, you say, I do, I put my cock on the block on that.

but lager muscle groups also train smaller groups. back with biceps, chest with triceps.

Thats very true. I also like to isolate most muscles and hit them individually. And shoulder presses give a great tricep workout as well(I do behind the neck smith presses and in front of the neck smith presses). I mix it up, i do chest and tri's some days and chest and bi's other days. Yesterday i did chest/back/calfs. I'm different every workout cause i go as my body feels and hit whatever needs to be hit in any combination whatsoever.

yes, Arnold used to target lagging muscles first. If I remember right, he worked his calves more often to bring them up.

he generally trained each muscle group three times a week.