• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Have you tried fully body workouts for any period of time Grunta?

Yes, in the 90s, push / pull routine, felt like was doing the same shit every day. I remember always having a good pump though, I liked that.

Muscles don’t require work as in just mundane movements , they require stimulation, stimulation is the key to growing, stimulation is provided by placing a muscle in a situation where it need to adapt, adapting to the resistance placed on it, the size of the muscle grows which then giving the muscle an environment to become stronger, the size is ultimately determined by genetics and ratios of the muscle it self.

im not fucken massive to some, but I have added a lot of muscle to my body by comparison, I’ll never be Arnold, one day you might be though.

Not super lean either, but I’m in the best shape of my life.

My point exactly
stimulate the kunce enough and they grow.
stimulate the kunce out of them and they’ll grow even a little bigger
just saying, I am certain they (these muscle kunce) will respond more favourably to more stimulation than less stimulation more often.

Two to four days per week. No training partners, coaches or fan club and it's been that way for most of my three decades of training.

The core principle is foundation strength: always be strong. For me the benchmark is to always be capable of a three to three and half plate bench, four to four and a half plate squat on any given day. Being able to put a 44 of fuel onto a ute without any help. Having enough mobility and muscular endurance to do manly things. There is no off-season and no on-season. Sometimes the weights increase a little but they seldom drop below the foundation benchmarks. If my training weights don't increase over the next 20 years, I will still be quite satisfied. This 47 year old broken body could probably go a bit harder, but that would be leaving nothing for the future. Running at three-quarter throttle setting will get more life out of this donk compared to running it at full throttle.

The juicers and heroes of the moment by contrast are up and down. During their off season many of them dont even look like they lift. Most will burn out and revert to mediocre physical specimens who were really awesome once upon a time (just ask them) but lacked the heart to keep training. There will always be someone younger and stronger, but there are few who persist with the discipline of lifting heavy weights for decade after decade, rain hail or shine, in sickness and health, unto death us do part. Yes, it is tempting to push it everytime I see some bloated face fucktard strutting around like thery are the only one who has ever lifted a heavy weight but then I realise how fortunate I am to have my health and all of the other awersome things that make up my life. As I own a number of horses, the temptation - well, for a millisecond- and capability, is there; "one for pony, one for me" but what's the point? A seven plate deadlift this week, kidney failure the next week and the delusion that one's own awesomeness and not the drugs were the cause of it.

but for me, a flat out set each week fries my nervous system. that is why I pick a weight I can do three sets on each exercise with third set only hard. weight is usually just 60-70% of my max, depending on how I feel, but short rest makes intensity high for last set and allows me to recover for next week.

What side effects do you experience from a stressed nervous system? Do you get fevers, flues, sick, cold sweats, shaking etc?

strangely im the strongest apart from Woody who id never beat even if i jumped on the sauce and trained 20 times a week and Tim whos trained longer and more consistently than me,but i beat on powerlifting achievements.Im training a little bit.

You're weak as piss. You stop training for lengthy periods of time which means you have no heart. I could knock you down with a fart now and my little dog could knock you down with a fart when you aren't training. As you claim to be powerlifter you are therefore on drugs so fuck off.

My point exactly
stimulate the kunce enough and they grow.
stimulate the kunce out of them and they’ll grow even a little bigger
just saying, I am certain they (these muscle kunce) will respond more favourably to more stimulation than less stimulation more often.

No.
you miss the point I’m making.

A. 3 to 4 sets of 10 rep’s shy of fatigue
or
B. 1 set to momentary muscular fatigue
could possibly produce the same stimulus, no one actually knows, too many factors to consider, but if there is a slight advantage to “A” you need to consider the efficiency and metabolic conditioning that “B” provides, having said all that there is evidence to suggest that minimal set at a high intensity of work is more productive.

Having said all that, if you’re using an exercise that is not that productive ( poorly performed or resistance in a small portion of the movement) then you’d probably need more sets to achieve a similar stimulus that an exercise that works a muscle full-on throughout the movement, that’s the definition of “intensity of work”

Yeah so your basically training the muscle harder but in a much shorter period of time, going to failure straight off the bat pretty much. If i'm warmed up then i do that on some exercises, or if its the type of exercise that feels right then i do that.

Yeah so your basically training the muscle harder but in a much shorter period of time, going to failure straight off the bat pretty much. If i'm warmed up then i do that on some exercises, or if its the type of exercise that feels right then i do that.

Makes sense.

its pretty hard to one all out set on some exercises

what most dont don’t understand is that doing an abbreviated routine takes a long time to master

haha whats wrong you fukin sook?

The-Dark-Stranger-feature-film.jpg

No.
you miss the point I’m making.

A. 3 to 4 sets of 10 rep’s shy of fatigue
or
B. 1 set to momentary muscular fatigue
could possibly produce the same stimulus, no one actually knows, too many factors to consider, but if there is a slight advantage to “A” you need to consider the efficiency and metabolic conditioning that “B” provides, having said all that there is evidence to suggest that minimal set at a high intensity of work is more productive.

I understand completely what you’re saying.
So in a week, Monday to Sunday, in the 168 hours, how many of these hours would you spend training?

Two to four days per week. No training partners, coaches or fan club and it's been that way for most of my three decades of training.

The core principle is foundation strength: always be strong. For me the benchmark is to always be capable of a three to three and half plate bench, four to four and a half plate squat on any given day. Being able to put a 44 of fuel onto a ute without any help. Having enough mobility and muscular endurance to do manly things. There is no off-season and no on-season. Sometimes the weights increase a little but they seldom drop below the foundation benchmarks. If my training weights don't increase over the next 20 years, I will still be quite satisfied. This 47 year old broken body could probably go a bit harder, but that would be leaving nothing for the future. Running at three-quarter throttle setting will get more life out of this donk compared to running it at full throttle.

The juicers and heroes of the moment by contrast are up and down. During their off season many of them dont even look like they lift. Most will burn out and revert to mediocre physical specimens who were really awesome once upon a time (just ask them) but lacked the heart to keep training. There will always be someone younger and stronger, but there are few who persist with the discipline of lifting heavy weights for decade after decade, rain hail or shine, in sickness and health, unto death us do part. Yes, it is tempting to push it everytime I see some bloated face fucktard strutting around like thery are the only one who has ever lifted a heavy weight but then I realise how fortunate I am to have my health and all of the other awersome things that make up my life. As I own a number of horses, the temptation - well, for a millisecond- and capability, is there; "one for pony, one for me" but what's the point? A seven plate deadlift this week, kidney failure the next week and the delusion that one's own awesomeness and not the drugs were the cause of it.

Applause all round.
Fark me, get over yourself kunce.
No awards for knob head of the year around here.