• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
imo, splits are good as short session each day prevents burnout for me.

my weights workout only goes for 30 minutes max, although thighs can be a bit longer. cardio at least half an hour, but much lower intensity.

3 sets each weights exercise with only failure or near failure achieved on last set.

No gear here bro, thinking of trying the SARMS though.
Split?
Do yourself a favour, it will change your life [emoji869]

I did splits for years and years.
Can’t go back now.
Upper / lower or
Full body

When I cruise I will do ppl just so I can train more often and take advantage of all the extra cals I’m consuming hahahahaha

I think many systems work.

in some ways too much debate occurs about intensity and volume as the grey areas between both means here are hundreds of ways to train successfully.

it really comes down to each person's preference, as long as they are getting results.

You make some salient points.

i guess, instead of asking stupid questions, just do it and find out for yourself.

if a particular method does not work, two things are going wrong.

1. You are not doing it properly
2. You are not giving yourself enough time (or too much time) to recover fully.

Number 1 usually stems from ignorance or the inability to learn.

You make some salient points.

i guess, instead of asking stupid questions, just do it and find out for yourself.

if a particular method does not work, two things are going wrong.

1. You are not doing it properly
2. You are not giving yourself enough time (or too much time) to recover fully.

Number 1 usually stems from ignorance or the inability to learn.

right on.

I actually have a lot of support for the menzter type training. I have seen guys get amazing results on, including guys who have never roided.

but for me, a flat out set each week fries my nervous system. that is why I pick a weight I can do three sets on each exercise with third set only hard. weight is usually just 60-70% of my max, depending on how I feel, but short rest makes intensity high for last set and allows me to recover for next week.

You wont feel like an accountant, as I’ve said fucken repeatedly, come over and I’ll show you, you man enough?

gerry, is it you?

it just seems like it’s biting off too many things and not smacking that muscle with enough work before biting off the next.

not questioning the intensity involved, I’m sure it’s 100%.

given that, with your experience, the dedication, your knowledge of the biology behind it and your method of training, one would imagine you would be fuken massive, stage ready. Right?

Last edited:
gerry, is it you?

it just seems like it’s biting off too many things and not smacking that muscle with enough work before biting off the next.

given that, with your experience, the dedication, your knowledge of the biology behind it and your method of training, one would imagine you would be fuken massive, stage ready. Right?

why do u keep mentioning me lol.im not part of this conversation.

gerry, is it you?

Have you tried fully body workouts for any period of time Grunta?

gerry, is it you?

Muscles don’t require work as in just mundane movements , they require stimulation, stimulation is the key to growing, stimulation is provided by placing a muscle in a situation where it need to adapt, adapting to the resistance placed on it, the size of the muscle grows which then giving the muscle an environment to become stronger, the size is ultimately determined by genetics and ratios of the muscle it self.

im not fucken massive to some, but I have added a lot of muscle to my body by comparison, I’ll never be Arnold, one day you might be though.

Not super lean either, but I’m in the best shape of my life.

The number of sets, rep’s and frequency will vary from one individual to another.
Am I doing an optimal workout for me in terms of getting super huge and strong?
i don’t know, even after all these years and trying different things.

but do I love what I do now?
i fucken love it, I love the feeling it provides

We shouldn't give a fuck how others do or don't train and more than likely in the long term it makes no fucken difference.
Do what you want, how you want but don't be an idiot about it.
I've done split routines, upper/lower and a few others but right now I do full body because I fucken like it and I do zero cardio and yet I'm the leanest I've been for quite a while.